30 Days 2011 Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AND HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
30 Days of Dead 2011 Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The 30 Days of Dead 2011 Sweepstakes, (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at approximately 9:00am Pacific Standard Time ("P.S.T.") on November 1, 2011 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “Start Date”) and ends at approximately 11:59pm P.S.T. on November 30, 2011 (the time and date previously set forth is referred to herein as the “End Date”) (the period between the Start Date and End Date sometimes referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico, who, as of the Start Date: (a) have reached the age of majority in their state of residency at time of entry; (b) are registered at dead.net; and (c) had online access. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company and Grateful Dead Productions, and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible. The musical group professionally known as the Grateful Dead is referred to herein as “Artist”. Grateful Dead Productions are referred to herein as “Sponsor”.
3. Entry: Beginning on the Start Date, to be eligible to win the “Daily Merchandise Prize” described below, if not already registered with Dead.net, follow the on-screen instructions to register at Dead.net. After registering, in order to be eligible to win, submit correct answers to the on-screen questions on Dead.net regarding the single track available for free download. One Daily Merchandise Prize will be awarded on each day of the Sweepstakes Period. In addition, all entrants that submitted correct answers to the on-screen questions during the entire Sweepstakes Period will be automatically entered into a random drawing for the chance to win the “Grand Prize”, as described below. Note: To be eligible to win, entrants must have properly registered at Dead.net, and must have correctly answered the questions on Dead.net. Limit one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period to be eligible to receive the Daily Merchandise Prize. Previous winners of a Daily Merchandise Prize in the Sweepstakes will not be eligible to win another Daily Merchandise Prize. Daily Merchandise Prize entries must be received by 11:59pm on each day of the Sweepstakes Period. In order to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing, entries must be received by 11:59pm P.S.T. on the End Date. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to Entries submitted through the Dead.net website. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes. One Entry per participant. All Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Winner Selection: Potential winners of the Daily Merchandise Prize will be selected by a random drawing conducted on the date following Sponsor’s receipt of submissions, from among all eligible Entries received. Potential winners of the Grand Prize will be selected by a random drawing following the End Date, from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning the Daily Merchandise Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received on the applicable day. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters related to these Official Rules shall be final and binding. Each winner of a Daily Merchandise Prize will be announced on Dead.net the day following Sponsor’s receipt of submissions. The winner of the Grand Prize will be announced on Dead.net on December 1, 2011.
5. Prizes: Each winner of a Daily Merchandise Prize will receive a Grateful Dead merchandise item. (Approximate Retail Value ranging from $18.00 to $96.00). The winner of the Grand Prize will receive a copy of “Europe ’72: The Complete Recordings All Music Edition” (Approximate Retail Value $450.00). Any and all taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients. The prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions or transfers allowed, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The prizes will be awarded. In the unlikely event that any portion of the prize is cancelled or undeliverable for any reason the winner agrees that Sponsor has no further obligations to the winner other than delivery of the remainder of the prize, if any.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website related to the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such Entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to Entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning Entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate Entries or entry information, whether caused by the users of any website related to the Sweepstakes or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission to any website related to the Sweepstakes, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to Entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect Entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE DEAD.NET OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE.
8. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
9. Winners’ Names: For the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 7, 2011 and received by December 14, 2011 to: The “30 Days of Dead 2011” Sweepstakes Winners List, to Rhino Entertainment Company, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505, to the attention of Business Affairs.
10. Removal From Future Sweepstakes Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from Sponsor’s future sweepstakes mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. Sponsor will process your request within 60 days.
Sponsored by Grateful Dead Productions, 3400 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
© 2011. Grateful Dead Productions. Printed in U.S.A. All rights reserved.