• 178 replies
    marye
    started by Oroboros Posted: December 10, 2007 - 9:50pm 4 Shows from May 1972 5/4, 5/11, 5/16/, & 5/26 1972 As requested by dstache, more May shows from the Grateful Dead's legendary Europe 1972 tour are offered. NOTE: For those seeking wonderful professional recordings, please visit the GD store and purchase Europe '72 (original and revised), Stepping Out, etc. If you don't have those, get 'em. In this vine, there are missing songs (eg. 5/11), some flaws (ie. 5/16), and several tunes out of order on 5/4. BUT, the educated among you may be able to make repairs (if your computer skills are not Flintsonean, as mine are) although what you see is what you get. And as Dick L. used to say "what you get, ain't bad at all." (Or something to that effect.) 5-4-72 Olympia Theater, Paris, France. Source: SBD>REEL>DAT>CDR (Thanks to Dave) (NOTE: *Song order was rearranged to fit on 3 CDs. Should be on 4 CDs to return to original setlist order.) SET I: 1. Greatest Story Ever Told, 2. Deal, 3. Mr. Charlie,

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • canadianmeds4u
    Default Avatar

Visit my website https://www.canadianmeds4u.com

• marye
    this vine is retired. Thank you all.
  • noonie
    Default Avatar
    .45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/2246. wolff --> in 3/24 --> out 3/30 47. ecb --> in 4/2 --> out 4/4 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50. noonie
  • ecb
    The 4 Europe Shows Vine is on it's way to England! 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff --> in 3/24 --> out 3/30 47. ecb --> in 4/2 --> out 4/4 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50. Thanks, Ed
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    I would like to jump in before it's retired.(couldn't afford the box :o( 44. t140v77 ---->>> out 3/14 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff 47. ecb 48. sunshine daydream 49. friscokid77 50.
  • JackstrawfromC…
    "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • dstache
    Did anyone else say something along the lines of "WTF?!?!?" when they saw that Sunshine-daydream, Bob, signed up for a vine (and a 3 yr old one at that)? Hope all is well Bob!
  • Sunshine-daydr…
    sign me up please44. t140v77 ---->>> out 3/14 45. born2be --> in 3/16 --> out 3/22 46. wolff 47. ecb 48. sunshine daydream - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bob Spanish Jam
  • Oroboros
    A buddy's son of mine (who is a sound engineer) kindly joined all the spaces and edited the 'out of order' songs before I originally sent this out. I only seeded WAV so someone must have put these on the FLAC files. That is my update, anyway. 5 more months before this vine will be retired. Get it while you can. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Hey gang.I have a question about this vine. It sounds like it started out as an audio vine that contained some flaws. At some point, it sounds like the audio's were replaced with Flac's/SHN's. Does anyone know if the "new" seeds contain the same flaws as the old seeds. The show I'm mainly interested in is 5/11/72 (Bertha re-master). It sounds like the audio seeds had 2-second gaps in between songs. Does the new data version have these 2-second gaps? Thanks for any help. Peace, Chris
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
started by Oroboros Posted: December 10, 2007 - 9:50pm 4 Shows from May 1972 5/4, 5/11, 5/16/, & 5/26 1972 As requested by dstache, more May shows from the Grateful Dead's legendary Europe 1972 tour are offered. NOTE: For those seeking wonderful professional recordings, please visit the GD store and purchase Europe '72 (original and revised), Stepping Out, etc. If you don't have those, get 'em. In this vine, there are missing songs (eg. 5/11), some flaws (ie. 5/16), and several tunes out of order on 5/4. BUT, the educated among you may be able to make repairs (if your computer skills are not Flintsonean, as mine are) although what you see is what you get. And as Dick L. used to say "what you get, ain't bad at all." (Or something to that effect.) 5-4-72 Olympia Theater, Paris, France. Source: SBD>REEL>DAT>CDR (Thanks to Dave) (NOTE: *Song order was rearranged to fit on 3 CDs. Should be on 4 CDs to return to original setlist order.) SET I: 1. Greatest Story Ever Told, 2. Deal, 3. Mr. Charlie,
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

HI folks, where do I put my address to get in on this vine...I'm new to this site, but certainly have been doing vines since the DAT days... thanks, Donnie L. (ursa minor) wish that for just one time, You could stand inside my shoes, and for just that one moment, I could be you - Bob Dylan, Positively 4th St.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

1. dstache2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah 11. thomasdblls(thomasdblls@hotmail.com) 12. reedchris 13. Dead in MA (rparmele@yahoo.com) 14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com) 15. UncleJon 16. toddsnc 17. joneb 18. stuman 19. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) I think 05-26 is in the top 5 shows of all time...need to replace mine lost from recent divorce, I might get skipped if it turns up in settlement in the mean time.... I wish that for just one time, You could stand inside my shoes, and for just that one moment, I could be you - Bob Dylan, Positively 4th St.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hey Ursa you left me off the list. Welcome to dead.net and the vineyard. Just pm the person before you(me) on the list with your address. 1. dstache 2.iknowurider 3. operator 4. brewster boy (notchloft@aol,com) 5.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 6. Hal R 7. Ltapilot 8. 143or245 9. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 10.DooDah 11. thomasdblls(thomasdblls@hotmail.com) 12. reedchris 13. Dead in MA (rparmele@yahoo.com) 14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com) 15. UncleJon 16. toddsnc 17. joneb 18. stuman 19. That Nice Hippy Guy 20. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

i bet this is a great vine"" its when Jerry played that ash body Stratocaster with white face plate and the crazy burn your tail feathers wah, wah, pedal", cant wait for this one,, .Est Proph
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

....to erickat in the Terrapin state. Really god stuff, one of the better vines I've gotten. A bit repetitive but very much quality.
user picture

Member for

16 years

This was waiting for me when I got home - normally would have it out first thing in the morning, but my daughter has a 2 day lacrosse tournement, so I hope to get them out early Monday morning. Here is the list from me forward 14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com) 15. UncleJon 16. toddsnc 17. joneb 18. stuman 19. That Nice Hippy Guy 20. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 21. estimatedprophet71 22. 23.
user picture

Member for

16 years

Early this morning - should be in the sunshine state by Friday Thanks Oroboros - this is sweet music
user picture

Member for

16 years

bright & early this morning - sent to UncleJon - should be there by FridayThank-you Oroboros - this is some sweet music!
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

...but, the purists out there may not like this because converting WAV to FLAC is a no-no, especially since I don't know the original source, etc. So, caveat emptor! "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

HI FOLKS, PLEASE SKIP ME, I'VE ALREADY GOT ALL THESE SHOWS FROM TRADES THANKS ANYWAY! I'M NUMBER 20 ON THE LIST Ursa Minor I wish that for just one time, You could stand inside my shoes, and for just that one moment, I could be you - Bob Dylan, Positively 4th St.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

HI FOLKS, PLEASE SKIP ME, I'VE ALREADY GOT ALL THESE SHOWS FROM TRADES THANKS ANYWAY! I'M NUMBER 20 ON THE LIST Ursa Minor I wish that for just one time, You could stand inside my shoes, and for just that one moment, I could be you - Bob Dylan, Positively 4th St.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

this one come in sat 8-30 .. will be on the move by tuesday 9-2 .. Thank you oroboros !! Hope everyone has a Grate weekend !!! Peace ....
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

14. erickat (eric_katchmar@yahoo.com)15. UncleJon 16. toddsnc 17. joneb 18. stuman 19. That Nice Hippy Guy 20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

made it out of here this morning ,, off to Trevor .. Peace and sunshine folks !!!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

I'll try to have it out to estimated by monday. Thanks, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

19. That Nice Hippy Guy20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark 23. rambelinbearisgrateful
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

To estimatedprophet71 as of today 9-11. Peace, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

For some reason I have this one again. I sent it to estimated and he sent it back to me. So I guess that Im just gonna send it on to pkpotter. "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

To pkpotter as of this morning 10-8. Peace, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thank you oroboros for sharing this.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Off to the mark, in the dark. Thank you oroboros again for this vine, another treasure from the pot of gold at the end of the keep on truckin' rainbow.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Out tuesday, monday is a holiday! columbus day.peace,pk
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Hi, This vine came in today, get it back out after the weekend Thanks, MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Phew, finally. The Four Europe shows vine is officially on it's way to 'bears Den. Sorry about the long turnaround, let's just say this vine had an adventure. Enjoy/have a nice weekend MarkintheDark
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

will have it out buy monday
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

IF ANYONE WANTS IT PM YOUR ADDY
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

19. That Nice Hippy Guy20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark 23. rambelinbearisgrateful 24. ripple1974 Wow here is another vine I didn't even know existed! Maybe I should look past the first page of the The Vineyard forum once in a while. Thanks.
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

If anyone wants this next PM me or addy. Meanwhile I will burn another vine i just got so that one keeps on growing.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

19. That Nice Hippy Guy20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark 23. rambelinbearisgrateful 24. ripple1974 25. deadheadben
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

I have PM'd deadheadben for his contact info and will mail it out when I hear from him.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

19. That Nice Hippy Guy 20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark 23. rambelinbearisgrateful 24. ripple1974 25. deadheadben 26. Pomo1 "Let there be songs to fill the air."
user picture

Member for

16 years

19. That Nice Hippy Guy20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark 23. rambelinbearisgrateful 24. ripple1974 25. deadheadben 26. Pomo1 27. hard_to_handle
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Sending this to deadheadben tomorrow (12-15). Enjoy this fantastic vine!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

19. That Nice Hippy Guy20. estimatedprophet71 21.pkpotter 22. MarkintheDark 23. rambelinbearisgrateful 24. ripple1974 25. deadheadben 26. Pomo1 27. hard_to_handle 28. grdaed73
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

got this one today. sounds great i love europe 72 stuff always great. should be able to have it out after this weekend.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

out to pomo
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Will be on its way to Hard To Handle after the weekend. "Let there be songs to fill the air."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

thank Oroboros for seeding this wonderful vine. Happy New Year to all. "Let there be songs to fill the air."
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

24. ripple197425. deadheadben 26. Pomo1 27. hard_to_handle 28. grdaed73 29.boise83 30. Birdsong1969NJ 31. "Circle songs and sands of time, and seasons will end in tumbled rhyme, and little change, the wind and rain."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I'm just sayin': hmmm. ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I sent this out, for sure. If it never got to H2H, I will re-seed it. Its a great vine, was just listening to Rotterdam last night.Let me know, Mark. "Let there be songs to fill the air."