marye
    started by sunshine-daydeam1951

5 dvd's of flac/shn files of all April 71 shows

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Hunter
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. JBH69Flyer 47. sunshinedaydream 48. Hunter 49.
  • Sunshine-daydr…
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. JBH69Flyer 47. sunshinedaydream back to where it started Bob
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Just wondering. Peace, Chris
  • paisley
    for holding things up...I was sans computer for a period of two weeks when I was going to have it "any day". I will mail them tomorrow to Long Dead, whom I will PM for his address tonight. Again, sorry for the hold up! .....all the years combine.....
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Greetings Gang,This brings up a contraversial subject: 4/29/71 (one of my favorite shows). For years, I've searched high and low for a version without the infamous three cuts: end of Bird Song, end of Me and Bobby Mcgee, and middle jam of China / Rider. About 11 years ago, when that "ultimate" version had surfaced, these cuts were still present. It seemed there was no version that didn't have these cuts ... BUT ... At the time, I was collecting recordings of David Gans' syndicated radio show The Grateful Dead Hour. On one of his shows, he played selections from 4/29/71, which included a version of Bird Song that included the final 30 seconds of the song. So, I (being the anal-retentive perfectionist that I am), patched the end of Bird Song into the "ultimate" version ... which wasn't quite perfect either. It contained many "glitches" (little clicks that hurt your speakers and eardrums). I removed dozens of these annoying glitches until I felt the show was "just exactly perfect". The only problem was, Bobby McGee and China Rider were still incomplete. ---Years later --- Someone circulated a version of 4/29/71 that had all three songs complete. Only problem was, it turned out to be an April Fool's joke. They guy used patches from songs that were from dates other than 4/29. I remember people wanted to see him lynched when they found this out. ---About a Year Ago--- SiriusXM's The Grateful Dead Channel (a wonderful thing!) played 4/29/71, and lo and behold, it contained NO cuts in these three songs! The version of Bird Song is Identical to the version that I patched from the GD hour. It is a very unique ending. One like I've never heard it played before, so I'm almost positive that it is from 4/29. The other two songs I can't be sure, but I've been wanted to contact David Gans for a while and ask him if this is authentic. I've listened to it again and again and can't hear any hint of it being from another date. Is it possible there is another SB source that wasn't cut? If so, I would love to make the necessary patches, and send it to someone that would like to re-seed this vine. I would re-seed, but I don't have all the shows. ---ALSO--- I also did the same thing to 4/28/71: removed a lot of glitches, and made one or two patches (I can't remember off-hand - I think drumz, and the end of The Other One). i would send this version too to a kind re-seeder soul. Sorry for the ramble, but it's a subject that has driven me crazy for years. Peace, Chris
  • JBH69Flyer
    Default Avatar
    Any movement here? 39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/21 40. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. JBH69Flyer Hope it can start moving again. Best Wishes-Jimmy
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. 47.
  • ADAWGWYO
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77
  • ADAWGWYO
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT(day or two) 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77
  • zepthompson
    I was rushing out of town last weekendso sent it as is hey leaving in the morning (again) - back Monday
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

started by sunshine-daydeam1951

5 dvd's of flac/shn files of all April 71 shows

user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 Great Vine! Thanx.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

if you want info files etc PM me and i will sort something out - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Spanish Jam
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC This is great - thanks!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

This is great - thanks!! Ditto !!! 1.rambelinbearisgrateful 2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Ive been a little afraid of this one cause its so big and all but I must have these. 1.rambelinbearisgrateful 2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy Thank you Bob, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thank you Sunshine Daydream 1.rambelinbearisgrateful 2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy 11. Hal R.
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

maybe i will have a new dvd burner by the time it makes it to NC 1.rambelinbearisgrateful 2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy 11. Hal R. 12.toddsnc
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

the burro has left for NJ and Bear - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Spanish Jam
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy 11. Hal R. 12.toddsnc 13. reedchris
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

You posted after Marye had provided a home for the vine, so I went ahead and put you on, so you don't get pushed down any further 1.rambelinbearisgrateful 2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy 11. Hal R. 12.toddsnc 13. reedchris 14. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com)
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

im think i have ur addy somewhere but cant seem to find it so if u could please send it again n i will have this one out to ya the next day!!!! (~):-}
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy 11. Hal R. 12.toddsnc 13. reedchris 14. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 15. pkpotter 16. Estim8ed
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. That Nice Hippy Guy 11. Hal R. 12.toddsnc 13. reedchris 14. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 15. pkpotter 16. Estim8ed 17. joneb
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. Hal R. 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. pkpotter 15. Estim8ed 16. joneb My computer with the dvd player is down so I figured that this would save alot of time and work for everyone. Vine on, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I just noticed your post ,, check your in box .. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend .. :-)
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

on its way to jacksonville as of this morning(~):-}
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

got dvd`s copied ,, man this looks so sweet !! Thank you Bob !! this is off to Deadicatedin today`s mail .. Peace and have a wonderful day folks !! Stu ...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thanks for getting it off the ground, Bob. Thanks for getting it to me stuman and rambleinbearisg...and, of course, postage people. What a time in their and our lives to relive. Tommo? Tommo? Comin' ... Tommo? ... your ... Tommo? ... way!!! (pronto) "Where does the time go?"
user picture

Member for

16 years

but I'm in the dark as to Mark's address. Will PM him right away. Also sorry for the longer than usual turnaround on this one- I've been out of town on a family emergency for the last 8 days, and just got back last night. Looks like an amazing package. Thanks Sunshine! -Tommo
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Lost track of where I was on the list, sorry about the delay. The vine arrived the end of last week, and I'm copying as fast as I can...let you know when it's on it's way to Birdsong Cheers, Mark
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

I will post when I get it out.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

1.rambelinbearisgrateful2.stuman 3.Deadicated 4. Tommo (tompen@earthlink.net) 5. MarkintheDark 6. Birdsong1969NJ 7. ripple1974 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. Hal R. 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 15. Estim8ed 16. joneb Thank you.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

will be burning this over the weekend and will get out to DAveC very shortly!
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

So my DVD burner has decided to take a crap on me and i cannot copy or burn this epic vine. i am going to forward on and put my name at the end of the list so hopefully when it comes around again everything will be working just exactly perfect. I will mail this tomorrow 11-6 to DaveC. 7. 8. DaveC 9. brewster boy 10. Hal R. 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 15. Estim8ed 16. joneb 17. ripple1974 thanks.
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

8. DaveC9. brewster boy 10. Hal R. 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 15. Estim8ed 16. joneb 17. ripple1974 18. estimatedprophet71
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Hey now, Got this this morning and it's done and already on it's way to HAL! So, heads up bud. "that nice hippie guy" Opted out of this one. Thanks to everyone involved. Peace to all and a very happy THANKSGIVING!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

at the end of the week and should have it out in a couple of days. Sorry folks, I was out of town and am now downloading this one, the last of the four vines I got all in one day. If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

10. Hal R.11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. pkpotter
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Between this vine and that monster Lopezz is putting up we should all be Trader's Little Helper gurus by the time we're done. I got this vine awhile back, and wondered about breaking it up, decoding and reseeding as CDs. Not enough of the good old shows out on the vines, ya think? And quite a few people without DVD players. Hmmm... I'll see how I make it thru Xmas, and if Jerry Claus brings me a new 'puter. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Thanks...thought I had this but I don't! 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. pkpotter 20. Unclejon "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Lost a drive and have to do this one over. :( 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. pkpotter 20. Unclejon 21. brewster boy
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Sent this one out yesterday. I couldn't decode 4/5/71 which is too bad because it is an awesome show. Can anyone fix this and/or send me the show? Thanks. Sorry for the delay. If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

off to ursa by end of the week. will have to jump back on the list as dvd burner still f'ed up
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

April '71 vine I have someone who has helped me get what I lost of this vine, so- I am removing myself.:) Thanks and peace, Andy 11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. pkpotter 20. Unclejon 21.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

pk plotter has removed himself...so the next in line goes to Estim8ted, sent e-mail early in the week haven't heard back....will give it to the week of jan 19th and by the end of week I will send it to joneb who is next in line if Estim8ted can't reply... it's a great vine , all shn and flac , NO AUDIO format when I got it... Ursa Minor http://www.myspace.com/donnieloeffler "the warm wet world of analog audio"
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

He's usually reliable. Wonder if maybe he is on vacation. You can't hold onto it forever but I would give him through the weekend and then send it to the next person. Estim8ed could insert himself before me if he shows back up.
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

11.toddsnc12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. pkpotter 20. Unclejon 21.Arkdeadhead Ok....I can do this, I just have to focus.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

I recieved 3 vines on Monday this vine included. I am very busy at work right now, inventory on Sat (what fun). I will do my best to have this vine on its way by Monday Feb 2. I already have joneb's address.I would like to formally thank dstache for the vote of confidence. My job has been very demanding recently, as I have had to run my dept. with fewer employees, so I apologize for any delay in my response times. I may not be as involved as some, but I have been in the vine since it started and I always do my best to keep the vine growing! So again major props from me to dstache!!! Peace, Kevin
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

11.toddsnc12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. pkpotter 20. Unclejon 21.Arkdeadhead 22. That Nice Hippy Guy My hard drive is kinda full right now, but I should have it cleared out by the time this makes it to me. Thank you, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

busy busy week but i have this vine also. will get out in the next few days. estimatedprophet71 i need your addy. thanks/