marye
    started by sunshine-daydeam1951

5 dvd's of flac/shn files of all April 71 shows

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Hunter
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. JBH69Flyer 47. sunshinedaydream 48. Hunter 49.
  • Sunshine-daydr…
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. JBH69Flyer 47. sunshinedaydream back to where it started Bob
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Just wondering. Peace, Chris
  • paisley
    for holding things up...I was sans computer for a period of two weeks when I was going to have it "any day". I will mail them tomorrow to Long Dead, whom I will PM for his address tonight. Again, sorry for the hold up! .....all the years combine.....
  • friscokid77
    Default Avatar
    Greetings Gang,This brings up a contraversial subject: 4/29/71 (one of my favorite shows). For years, I've searched high and low for a version without the infamous three cuts: end of Bird Song, end of Me and Bobby Mcgee, and middle jam of China / Rider. About 11 years ago, when that "ultimate" version had surfaced, these cuts were still present. It seemed there was no version that didn't have these cuts ... BUT ... At the time, I was collecting recordings of David Gans' syndicated radio show The Grateful Dead Hour. On one of his shows, he played selections from 4/29/71, which included a version of Bird Song that included the final 30 seconds of the song. So, I (being the anal-retentive perfectionist that I am), patched the end of Bird Song into the "ultimate" version ... which wasn't quite perfect either. It contained many "glitches" (little clicks that hurt your speakers and eardrums). I removed dozens of these annoying glitches until I felt the show was "just exactly perfect". The only problem was, Bobby McGee and China Rider were still incomplete. ---Years later --- Someone circulated a version of 4/29/71 that had all three songs complete. Only problem was, it turned out to be an April Fool's joke. They guy used patches from songs that were from dates other than 4/29. I remember people wanted to see him lynched when they found this out. ---About a Year Ago--- SiriusXM's The Grateful Dead Channel (a wonderful thing!) played 4/29/71, and lo and behold, it contained NO cuts in these three songs! The version of Bird Song is Identical to the version that I patched from the GD hour. It is a very unique ending. One like I've never heard it played before, so I'm almost positive that it is from 4/29. The other two songs I can't be sure, but I've been wanted to contact David Gans for a while and ask him if this is authentic. I've listened to it again and again and can't hear any hint of it being from another date. Is it possible there is another SB source that wasn't cut? If so, I would love to make the necessary patches, and send it to someone that would like to re-seed this vine. I would re-seed, but I don't have all the shows. ---ALSO--- I also did the same thing to 4/28/71: removed a lot of glitches, and made one or two patches (I can't remember off-hand - I think drumz, and the end of The Other One). i would send this version too to a kind re-seeder soul. Sorry for the ramble, but it's a subject that has driven me crazy for years. Peace, Chris
  • JBH69Flyer
    Default Avatar
    Any movement here? 39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/21 40. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. JBH69Flyer Hope it can start moving again. Best Wishes-Jimmy
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77 45. JohnRParker5 46. 47.
  • ADAWGWYO
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT 7/26 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77
  • ADAWGWYO
    39. TheNuthatch > IN 7/19, OUT 7/2140. ADAWGWYO IN 7/25 >> OUT(day or two) 41. paisley 42. Long Dead 43. direwulf 44. friscokid77
  • zepthompson
    I was rushing out of town last weekendso sent it as is hey leaving in the morning (again) - back Monday
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

started by sunshine-daydeam1951

5 dvd's of flac/shn files of all April 71 shows

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Estimated prophet1971 is now darkstar1971 because people were getting him confused with Estim8ed
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I apoligize, I need to bow out for awhile. Thank you.11.toddsnc 12. reedchris 13. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 14. Estim8ed 15. joneb 16. ripple1974 17. estimatedprophet71 18. dstache 19. Unclejon 20.Arkdeadhead 21. That Nice Hippy Guy
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I PM'd darkstar1971 (aka estimatedprophet71) for his addy and will wait a day or two. If I don't hear from him I will send along to dstache. dave
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

In the mail to dstache. Great vine, thanks sunshine-daydream!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

He might not have seen the PM yet. Updated the list, moved him to the end. April 1971 Vine 16. ripple1974 17. dstache 18. Unclejon 19.Arkdeadhead 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. DarkStarr1971
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I'll PM him after I receive and copy the vine and see if he is available to receive it.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Received the vine today, this will take a few days, should be ready by Mon. I will PM DarkStar 1971 and see if he is available to receive it next week and if not, or he doesn't respond, I will send it on to unclejon. I'll post when it's ready to go. Thanks Bob! I have serious holes in 1971 (and even more in 1970) and this will help fill them. In other words, thanks for filling my holes, Bob, haha!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

This will go out to Unclejon tomorrow. Darkstar1971 isn't ready for it. Thanks Bob!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

16. ripple197417. dstache 18. Unclejon 19.Arkdeadhead 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. DarkStarr1971 22. fluffhead420 this one's a monster!!! right on....can't wait...yeah, pls PM me to mk sure my address is the same..thanx DS1971 and uber-dank u to Bob! "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I had the same problem as Hal, couldn't decode 4/5/71. No biggie, what with all the other fine music, but it is supposed to be a great show. If someone has the show, let me know.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I'm not sure what happened to it...glad to hae it though - this fills a void in my collection as well - thanks a million Bob! I will send it out to arkdeadhead as soon as I get his addy... "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

My bad, I had Ark's addy and forgot! A senior like moment... "when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door"
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I will copy what I can and have it out next week. "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

On the move again as of this morning. "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

21. DarkStarr197122. fluffhead420 23. Jake R
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

mailed to Jake R prob tomorrow but no later than monday....thanks darkstar71...this one was right up your alley, huh? "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

will send once he confirms"In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

21. DarkStarr197122. fluffhead420 23. Jake 24. Richard Vigeant
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Just received a PM from Jake. It's coming!Share the LOVE! Richard.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

I've got some July & Aug '71 but only one of the April shows. 22. fluffhead420 23. Jake 24. Richard Vigeant 25. ohyeah I will PM my addy to Richard right away since this one is so close. "Come with me or go alone, he's come to take his children home"
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

22. fluffhead42023. Jake 24. Richard Vigeant 25. ohyeah 26. Deadicated - otra vez! 27. " ... uh, and this one rose straight to the top of the charts in Turlock, California ... "
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

22. fluffhead420 23. Jake 24. Richard Vigeant 25. ohyeah 26. Deadicated - otra vez! 27. hard_to_handle
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Still waiting.Share the LOVE!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Recieved it from Jake. Tomorrow is our "Fête Nationale", so everything is close.I will send it ASAP.Share the LOVE! Richard.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Never found the way to put it on cd. So I will send it to Ohyeah tomorrow. Very disappointed.By the way, if a brother or sister could help me with this on cd, I can send blanks or something else we can share. Thanks everybody. And share the LOVE! Richard.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Richard, Forgive me if you already know some of this stuff, but here goes. You need a DVD drive that can read and write discs (not a DVD player designed to plug into your TV, but a DVD drive that plugs into your computer); you can then use the DVD drive to get the FLAC files off the discs in the vine. To get to CDs though, you need to convert the FLAC files to WAV files using conversion software such as Trader's Little Helper (for the PC) or xACT (for the Mac). xACT is a free download on the web; I'm not sure about Trader's Little Helper. You can then burn the WAV files onto CD-R discs using the DVD drive. I would offer to do it for you, but we're talking about a big time commitment and a lot of CDs---probably 60 or more if all 5 DVDs in the vine are full of FLAC files. Using DVDs and FLAC files enables viners to pack a LOT of content on relatively few discs without losing fidelity (unlike MP3 files, which are lossy by definition). If you want, you could add yourself to the end of the vine and try again after setting up a system like I describe. Hope this helps, ohyeah "Come with me or go alone, he's come to take his children home"
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

for now anyway. Thanks. 22. fluffhead420 23. Jake 24. Richard Vigeant 25. ohyeah 26. Deadicated - otra vez! 27. hard_to_handle 28. RaymondMBrown
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thank you Ohyeah. Gonna try it tomorrow. Should be a good information cause Deadicated PM me the same information. By the way, I'll take your first advice as a good joke.Share the LOVE! Richard.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thank you very much again Ohyeah and Deadicated. It works well.And a special thanks to my lovely Marjelaine who did all the job. Please let her finish the transfert and I'll send it to Ohyeah. Share the LOVE! Richard.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

En route to you Ohyeah. Thanks again for your patience.Share the LOVE! Richard.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

I intend to get these out by the end of the week. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ gotta love Robert Hunter on rivers and songs: "Goin' home, goin' home, by the waterside I will rest my bones; listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul" "I will walk alone by the black muddy river and sing me a song of my own"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

. . . to Deadicated. ~~~~~~~ "Goin' home, goin' home, by the waterside I will rest my bones; listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul" "I will walk alone by the black muddy river and sing me a song of my own"
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In 7/17 - con suerte en el correo manana - What a vine!!! " ... uh, and this one rose straight to the top of the charts in Turlock, California ... "
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Out 7/21 to Hard To Handle @ 1:39 PM. " Pretty little thing let me light your candle, 'cause momma I'm sure hard to handle! "
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

Tomorrow morning.... Raymond
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

Thanks all! Raymond 25. ohyeah 26. Deadicated - otra vez! 27. hard_to_handle 28. RaymondMBrown....OUT....9/23 29. KINGCARGO.JB (KINGCARGO.JB@GMAIL.COM)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'll have it ready to go this week. Thanks to everyone involved!!! "What was wrong was never understood and what was right never lasted." - Charles Bukowski
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

25. ohyeah26. Deadicated - otra vez! 27. hard_to_handle 28. RaymondMBrown....OUT....9/23 29. KINGCARGO.JB (KINGCARGO.JB@GMAIL.COM) 30. dr zevon i think you have my info jb
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Enjoy sir. "What was wrong was never understood and what was right never lasted." - Charles Bukowski
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

with three others, i am last on the list, anyone else?z.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

to timgard in NC, sorry for the delay over the holidays. tim make sure this goes to pdave in nyc when done. thanksz
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

got em will post when i send them out At least I'm enjoying the ride
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

got these in today - ready to go out again to whoever wants them. to note, however, there were only 4 discs in there. Disc 5 envelope was empty.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Thanks! 30. dr zevon 31. timgard1 32. pdave 33. "I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

30. dr zevon 31. timgard1 32. pdave 33. Mr Benson
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

I was asked to reseed this... but is it lost?? Will PM PDave and MrBenson.... Raymond
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

no, i've had it, but i never check this vine so i wouldn't know if anyone is next on the list unless they send me an email directly to my inbox. going to Mr BEnson now i presume?