Grateful Dead

101 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
That Nice Hippy Guy's picture
gaps

When I started this one I was using windows media player to burn all of my cd's. I thought that all shows had gaps at the time and didnt really think that it was a big deal. Now that I know better and am using Itunes with the "no gaps" box checked I guess I could send out an upgrade for this. I dont think that the orginal cd's have gaps. So if you come across one of my vines that I started awhile back it probably has gaps, but I think that there are only 2 or 3 out there.

"You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."

Exploratory Data Analysis Dead's picture
Those confounded gaps

The copy here is the same I already have.

Unfortunately, a lot of stuff that was copied years ago to CD was done by "Track at Once" which includes a pre-gap space between tracks. If that CD is copied again by "Track at Once" method it adds another gap to the gap already there. Use "Disk at Once" when copying.

The '68 Carousel Ballroom Vine here has 3 second gaps between tracks. The '70 New Orleans vine is gapped to the hilt.

The gaps manifest themselves and become a great annoyance when there are gaps between China & Ryder, St. Stephen & The Eleven, Cryptical & The Other One, Lazy Lightning & Supplication...etc. A lot of stuff has these gaps while some stuff is seamless. I have made contact with a Head who will edit a few of my shows and remove the gaps using some editing software.

I am not whining or complaining but that's the reality. I have realistic expectations that all these shows are not perfect. The ones I have vined are not. But I try to look for "upgrades" when I get the chance because as Bobby would say, I want everything to be just exactly perfect.

Oooh, wasn't thinking about that...

Picky about that stuff, eh? Thanks pomo1

Boston Tea Party 1969 Vine

14. Wind and Water
15. Pomo1
16. gratefulmikes
17. codyburk7
18. JackstrawfromColorado

******Laissez les bon temps rouler!******

pomo1's picture
Mark

EDA purposely took his name off the list because of the gap issue.

"Let there be songs to fill the air."

Updating the update

UPDATE

Ok. Thanks. Aw Shucks! Oops...making sure the most recent list is last, for the list-challenged people who may show up later.

14. Wind and Water
15. Pomo1
16. gratefulmikes
17. codyburk7
19. Exploratory Data Analysis

UPDATE

Ok. Thanks. Aw Shucks!

14. Wind and Water
15. Pomo1
16. gratefulmikes
17. codyburk7

pomo1's picture
gaps

Yes EDA, there are still gaps between tracks.

Gaps between tracks?

My copy has dead-air gaps between tracks. For example, there is a 1 to 2 second gap between China Cat and Ryder. I am looking to upgrade. I am only signing up for this if this is a de-gapped version. Thanks.

14. Wind and Water
15. Pomo1
16. gratefulmikes
17. codyburk7
19. Exploratory Data Analysis

pomo1's picture
Out to Mike today

JackstrawfromColorado's picture
I need to join Viners Anonymous

But this is too good to pass up!

14. Wind and Water
15. Pomo1
16. gratefulmikes
17. codyburk7

"When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.