• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
  • TheNuthatch
    Default Avatar
    37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    36. zepthompson >> out 1/1537. TheNuthatch >> in 1/18 38. sportzfreak260
  • TheNuthatch
    Default Avatar
    Thaks Zep and Tommo. Next??? 36. zepthompson >> out 1/15 37. TheNuthatch >> in 1/18 38. ??
  • zepthompson
    36. zepthompson >> out 1/1537. TheNuthatch 38.
  • zepthompson
    Thanks Jimmyand of course thank you Tommo! 36. zepthompson >> IN 1/12 37. TheNuthatch 38.
  • JBH69Flyer
    Default Avatar
    On it's way to zep today Monday Jan 10. 35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) (out 1-10) 36. zepthompson 37. TheNuthatch Best Wishes-Jimmy
  • TheNuthatch
    Default Avatar
    34. Jake R35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) 36. zepthompson 37. TheNuthatch
  • zepthompson
    34. Jake R35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) 36. zepthompson 37.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

If I am successful coverting this to wav I would gladly send you the cd's. It just may take me a few days.lesson # 2, don't paste the list in the middle of the paragraph you composed. Jeepers,one more strike and I'm out.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Sent this one Oroboros way yesterday.Peace
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I need to get help with this conversion asn I do have limited flacability. Will try to get ahold of some assistance with these. Thanks. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
user picture

Member for

16 years

I can help you with FLAC. Several pages back on this vine I posted a few paragraphs on how to FLAC, and I'm PM'ing you my digits in case you need one-on-one help. This was the first vine I started, and at the time I just assumed that, as with downloading and bit torrenting, FLAC and SHN would be the universal language. I was really surprised to find out how many people are trading without them, because they make things soooo much easier ! For example, the April 1971 vine contains every single Grateful Dead concert from the entire month, and I had it back in the envelope and ready to forward less than a half hour after I opened it ! Also, CD's that have been burned on a computer are not permanent- they go bad after a few years, so having your master files on your computer (and backed up) makes good sense. FLAC and SHN files are full CD quality, along with text files for every show, in just over half the file size of CD audio, and giant hard drives are very cheap these days. For the techno-challenged, most of the external drives currently available are plug and play- just plug them in, let your computer automatically find and install it, and off you go ! Anyway, I will make sure anyone who needs help with this FLAC-only vine succeeds, just let me know. -Tommo
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

today. Thanks for all the offers of help. I do struggle with this for some reason. Fried synapses, I guess. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

This will be out to stephen in PA as soon as I get the address. thanks for the 2nd time tommo. Files are safe and sound now ;) Cal Expo!!!! peace,pk
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

am I the bottom of the list again or the beginning? Sign up to be next! Leave it if you dare...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Is there ANY chance of getting these on CD? I don't have enough space for the FLAC stuff. But I'd LOVE to get this run!!! 6. DaveC 7. Marty - mmeyer@extend.com (gdhead77) 8. Dead in MA 9. pkpotter 10.chasmo[gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 11. stuman 12. shermand 13. That Nice Hippy Guy 14. joneb 15. Ursa Minor (funbebop@yahoo.com) 16. MarkintheDark 17. Estim8ed 18. Oroboros 19. pkpotter 20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH ~ Pappy http://www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

19. pkpotter20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH 22. dstache
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Going to start working on burning mp3's for Pappy, I have some time off coming up (and some jury duty..god bless america) so no worries Pappy, help is on the way, eventually.Happy Holidaze! Leave it if you dare...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hey now stephen, MP3s? Do you mean WAVs? just wondering, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Was wondering the same thing, Stephen.....WAVs or MP3s??? ~ Pappy http://www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

When I burn a CD it converts from MP3 to WAV. Sorry for the confusion.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hey Now would love to have they shows I didn't miss a show at expo they were killer.. I would love to trade I have never did the vine thing not to sure , but I can make it work with a little help from my friends.. will also be happy to send some pictures i've taken . took pic's of the boys from 72-91 on the west soooo I do have some KILLERSplease any help steve walker 7041 refined ct sac ca 95842 or waipiowolf@sbcglobal,.net or cell 916-212-6016 peace and thanks cheer's steve
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

...but going from FLAC to MP3 and then to WAV is bound to be costing you some fidelity, MP3 is pretty lossy and you don't get it back. Can't you go direct from the FLAC to WAV? Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Hi Steve,Welcome to the vine yard. Best way to make this vine stuff happen is to go back to show you are interested in and find the LAST list of participants. Cut and past that into a reply with your dead.net user name. No need for the personal info, phone, email ect. unless you do not do PM's from this site. Then send a PM to the person above you on that list with you USPS address. After some time it will come to you. Copy the discs and send on the originals to the next guy. Hopefully he sent you an address. Enjoy the tunes, lots of REAL good shows in here. Merry Christmas, Peace Rick
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Received today, out on Mon or Tue
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

still seem to be having a problem i can cut but no pasteso sorry help steve ps tommo did the pic's come through
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Can't wait to get the CDs from Stephen in PA!!! LOVE 89..... ~ Pappy http://www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

do i have to give my address or will arkdeadhead get itso many thanks for cds to ease my soul
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Send arkdeadhead a PM (private message - click on his profile and find the send a PM, click on that) with your USPS address. After he has copied the original discs, he will mail the original discs to you. You then copy them and send them on to who ever signs up after you. Peace Rick
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Thought I sent it out but didn't, just noticed it on my shelf. Will go out tomorrow. sorry.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

....rippin' as I type. Wolff send me your addy and it will be out by Friday.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

They will be in the mail on Friday.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Wolff be on the lookout. Thanks Tommo for the excellent jams!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

got them monday thanks so much seem to be having trouble with them won't play in car i will check in home later..also i seem to have trouble getting on the vine list's can someone run me through and do i keep the last ones no one else on listso sorry thanks
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

thanks ark do i keep them now seem to be haveing a problem with pm's what to do?????
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

PAPPY...issues with 8/6 conversion from FLAC to .wav (truly better quality...good call guys), so would like to sign on again, PM'd wolff.Can anyone send 8/6 converted .wav to Pappy? Leave it if you dare...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

19. pkpotter20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH 22. dstache 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com) 24. Wolff 25. stephen in PA Leave it if you dare...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

...that Wolff has tried to play a DVD w/flac files on his car stereo? Stephen: I've tried sending wolff a PM telling him of your problem, and you're correct: "wolff does not accept private messages." Don't know if he set the "no PMs" button by mistake, but other than sending him a letter via USPS I don't know how to let him know there's a problem. Sending you and Pappy a PM, Stephen... ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Wolff did post is so ever personal information back about page 6 or 7. Hope the spambots do not make a run through here gathering up address. Modified his info to protect his privacy. waipiowolf AT sbcglobal dot net
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Hey guys,I will email him. I kinda feel responsible since I didn't make sure he was flacable. I will offer to send him the shows on audio cd's. I think this was the only shows he was after on the vine, but I will show him the way to trader's little helper, just in case he wants to come back. Have a good one!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

my mom is in the hospital not doing good so i didn't mean to flake i didn't know stephen in pa signed up ..sorry .... i think i am not very flacable so sorry ark i do have them and will send then to stephen in Pa or anybody else if you can send me audio cds i will send you audio cds sbd's from merl with ZERO at the starry plough in berkley from 91 some of the very best kimock merl zero stuff so sorry again. i did try to post and i don't know why the personal messages are blocked i didn't block them ...thanks to allfor the help wolff
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Sorry to hear about your mom, man. Best wishes for her, no doubt. On your personal profile page (you get there by clicking on "My account" on the left side of the page) there is a tab called "Edit". Click on it. The next page you see should be "Account Settings" and "Account Information". Down near the bottom you should see a section called "Private Message Settings" with two little check boxes, one that says "Accept private messages" and the other "Aggressive notification of new messages". Make sure the first one has a check mark in it, if it doesn't then you're unable to receive PMs. That second check box just means that the system will nag the crap out of you on every page until you read any new PMs you've received. Hope this helps, and hope your mom does better MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Hey man, Sorry about your mom. I will work on those Cds and try to get them out to you soon. Arkdeadhead
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

so sorry for all the trouble thanks for helping the old guy you alll rock!!!!!!! ark i will send you something special i have alot did alot of taping of zero back in the day will send you Zero with merl from 91 very cool and maybe you can vine it SINCE i seem to suck at thislove to all and thank you for the vib for mom.. i do have the originals ark tell me where to send them i will ...the pm's box was never checked so pm's are all good now peace to all steve walker aka wolff
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

posted twice only show 1 anyway thank you for your help and good vibespeace
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hope things work out for the best. If you have a DVD burner we can talk you through converting to the conventional CD format, and if you don't there are still plenty of CD vines to sign up for. Cheers MitD ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I mailed the audio cds today. Be on the lookout.