• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • RaymondMBrown
    I tag onto the back of this vine! Thanks! 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate 30. RaymondMBrown
  • RamseyRamsgate
    Default Avatar
    23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate
  • sweetthang
    Default Avatar
    Hello all I still have these CDs for the 89 CalExpo vine if anyone would like them just send me a PM & I'll send them out.Thanks, Sweetthang
  • JackstrawfromC…
    To sweetthang. Whew! I had to drive through a blizzard to get to the post office... "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Just got this today. Will post when they are ready. Have a grate weekend folks! "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
  • Dead Man Telli…
    I took the disc to a windows machine and was able to put the file on a flash drive. This vine is now on its way to Grateful Dad. Cheers all
  • Dead Man Telli…
    I have this and am just about finished converting
    I ran into a problem with this file: gd89-08-06d3t01 (man smart...) My computer cannot handle it. It will not convert - it will not even copy onto my computer. I will send this off to OneGratefulDad as soon as I get his addy, but I would like to get the missing file somehow. If someone could send it to me, or post a place where I can download it that would be great. I can handle almost any file format except mp3. PM me if you need my email address. DMTT
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    got it saturday...sent 'dead man telling tales' an address request....it's in FLAC...will convert if i can acquire a converter...will mail as soon as i have an address. "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    It's still in FLAC format...if i can acquire a program i'll get it converted to audio CD's and mailed as soon as i get "dead man telling tales" address...I just sent him a PMpeace "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
  • sweetthang
    Default Avatar
    23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

thanks so much would love to talk to you i have some stuff i would love to give for all your help .. do you like ZERO ? have tons of sbd's from merl and zero in the early 1990 ? and would love to send you a couple of pic's will send mondaypeace steve
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I just received the first 2 nights in CD format from Pappy. There are 3 problems: (1) I already have these shows (received the vine the FIRST time in Dec): (2) there are only 2 of 3 nights; and (3) there is no information as to why I received there in this forum page. Any help as to what is going on and what I should do would be appreciated
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Somebody f*cked up. Are you sure it came from Pappy? Looks like the vine has been through several people since Pappy had it. Wolff had it last and should have sent it to gratefulmikes, but the postings aren't clear if it was ever mailed. Go figure. I think Pappy got backed up due to equipment problems recently, maybe he just got some discs mixed up and sent to the wrong people. It's happened to a couple of viners here lately. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

It says it is from "Pappy" in PA and the postage stamp is from PA and dated 2 days ago.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Pappy responded to my PM. He said that he only received the first 2 shows then, just the other day, received the 3d show mixed in with another vine. People here need to figure out who is supposed to get these shows next. I'll have Pappy send me the 3d night then I will pass on the entire vine once someone lets me know who to send it to. It looks like either Wolf or gratefulmikes should be next, but who knows.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

On the 6th I accidentally absorbed approx 110 hits worth of Owsley crystal (pre-liquid). CRAZY night, but I remember it. Even stopped by a cop for jaywalking! Thank god I was a veteran or who knows.... whew! Ahhh, the comfort of the Red Lion.... 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com) 24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad OneGratefulDad skullandroses.com netbrandsinc.com Inspiration...Move me brightly....Light the song with sense and color, Hold away despair...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

Send it to gratefulmikes, looks like arkdeadhead sent wolff copies of the CDs. Some of these posts make no sense, Dead Man Telling Tales has a post ("send them on, fluff") and he wasn't even on the list at that point. I think he posted in the wrong forum. Anyway it doesn't look like gratefulmikes ever got the vine so I'm guessing he's next. Besides, it's already so confusing it's like you said: who'll know? Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

hey gang i thought i asked for help on this arkdeadhead was kind enough to send me audio cds i SCREWED up so i got the audio cds and the flac so someone tell me where to send and i will so sorry thank you to all of ya steve walker
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I think they go to gratefulmikes next. You should PM him and confirm. It seems like there are a few copies of this vine going around.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

I just got a PM repeating what he said in his post above. The signup list got screwed up a few pages back, changes being made without the list getting updated. Arkdeadhead made an audio set for wolff, somehow those got copied and entered into circulation w/out the originals? The original vine was flac only, hopefully the original discs will be the ones that circulate. I suspect some people aren't as organized as they could be. dstache, you're hang onto the set you have, reduce the confusion a little? Cheers, MitD ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

I would be very thankful to join this list. 1989 is the year I started touring. What a fun year it was!! 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com) 24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. "I spent a little time on the mountain, spent a little time on the hill. I saw things we don't understand, well I guess in time we will"
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

send addy cd's ready to go to gratefulmikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the originalspeace wolff
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

So glad to see this vine a growing!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

It's still in FLAC format...if i can acquire a program i'll get it converted to audio CD's and mailed as soon as i get "dead man telling tales" address...I just sent him a PMpeace "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

got it saturday...sent 'dead man telling tales' an address request....it's in FLAC...will convert if i can acquire a converter...will mail as soon as i have an address. "In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

I ran into a problem with this file: gd89-08-06d3t01 (man smart...) My computer cannot handle it. It will not convert - it will not even copy onto my computer. I will send this off to OneGratefulDad as soon as I get his addy, but I would like to get the missing file somehow. If someone could send it to me, or post a place where I can download it that would be great. I can handle almost any file format except mp3. PM me if you need my email address. DMTT
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

I took the disc to a windows machine and was able to put the file on a flash drive. This vine is now on its way to Grateful Dad. Cheers all
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Just got this today. Will post when they are ready. Have a grate weekend folks! "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

To sweetthang. Whew! I had to drive through a blizzard to get to the post office... "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Hello all I still have these CDs for the 89 CalExpo vine if anyone would like them just send me a PM & I'll send them out.Thanks, Sweetthang
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate
user picture

Member for

15 years

I tag onto the back of this vine! Thanks! 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate 30. RaymondMBrown
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Hello all it's on its way to RamseyRamsgate as of Mon. July 20. It is sooo goood!!! Enjoy!!! Brings back lots of good memories.Sweetthang
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

26. OneGratefulDad27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate in 7/23 out 7/24 30. RaymondMBrown
user picture

Member for

15 years

And they are ready to go to whomever wants them! PM me and they are yours... Thanks Tommo.... Thanks Ramsey! Raymond 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate in 7/23 out 7/24 30. RaymondMBrown... IN.... 7/27.... OUT....
user picture

Member for

16 years

26. OneGratefulDad27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate in 7/23 out 7/24 30. RaymondMBrown... IN.... 7/27.... OUT.... 31. Deadtaper Let the music flow.... Deadtaper
user picture

Member for

15 years

Thanks.Raymond 26. OneGratefulDad 27. JackstrawfromColorado 28. sweetthang 29. RamseyRamsgate in 7/23 out 7/24 30. RaymondMBrown... IN.... 7/27.... OUT....7/28 31. Deadtaper Let the music flow....
user picture

Member for

16 years

I have been sitting on these for a while, and they are awesome shows! NOBODY ELSE WANTS THESE???? PM me let me know. Let the music flow.... Deadtaper
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 11 months

Thanks Tommo for the tunes and Deadtaper for keepin' it alive.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 11 months

I'm done with this vine. Great run!
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

should be out in a day or so.....
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

off to jake r it goes.....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

sometime last week. Next one up send me a pm
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

any takers?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

anyone like this one?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Thanks Jake R 34. Jake R 35. JBH69Flyer Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 5 months

Forget to send this and HJK to you with the other vines. Sent this on 1/4
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

Rec'd today, Friday Jan 7th. 34. Jake R 35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) 36. ?? Who's Next in Line? Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

34. Jake R35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) 36. zepthompson 37.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

34. Jake R35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) 36. zepthompson 37. TheNuthatch
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

On it's way to zep today Monday Jan 10. 35. JBH69Flyer (In 1-7) (out 1-10) 36. zepthompson 37. TheNuthatch Best Wishes-Jimmy
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

Thanks Jimmyand of course thank you Tommo! 36. zepthompson >> IN 1/12 37. TheNuthatch 38.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

Thaks Zep and Tommo. Next??? 36. zepthompson >> out 1/15 37. TheNuthatch >> in 1/18 38. ??
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

36. zepthompson >> out 1/1537. TheNuthatch >> in 1/18 38. sportzfreak260