• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    Somebody f*cked up. Are you sure it came from Pappy? Looks like the vine has been through several people since Pappy had it. Wolff had it last and should have sent it to gratefulmikes, but the postings aren't clear if it was ever mailed. Go figure. I think Pappy got backed up due to equipment problems recently, maybe he just got some discs mixed up and sent to the wrong people. It's happened to a couple of viners here lately. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
  • dstache
    I just received the first 2 nights in CD format from Pappy. There are 3 problems: (1) I already have these shows (received the vine the FIRST time in Dec): (2) there are only 2 of 3 nights; and (3) there is no information as to why I received there in this forum page. Any help as to what is going on and what I should do would be appreciated
  • wolff
    thanks so much would love to talk to you i have some stuff i would love to give for all your help .. do you like ZERO ? have tons of sbd's from merl and zero in the early 1990 ? and would love to send you a couple of pic's will send mondaypeace steve
  • Arkdeadhead
    I mailed the audio cds today. Be on the lookout.
  • Dead Man Telli…
    Send them on Fluff 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com) 24. Wolff 25. gratefulmikes 26. fluffhead420 27. dead man telling tales
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    Hope things work out for the best. If you have a DVD burner we can talk you through converting to the conventional CD format, and if you don't there are still plenty of CD vines to sign up for. Cheers MitD ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
  • wolff
    posted twice only show 1 anyway thank you for your help and good vibespeace
  • stephen in PA
    gratefulmikes please PM your address to Wolff 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com) 24. Wolff 25. 26. gratefulmikes 27. fluffhead420 Thanks! Leave it if you dare...
  • fluffhead042
    Default Avatar
    23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com)24. Wolff 25. stephen in PA 26. gratefulmikes 27. fluffhead420 Thanks a zillion...diggin the late 80's...Brent's the man!
  • wolff
    so sorry for all the trouble thanks for helping the old guy you alll rock!!!!!!! ark i will send you something special i have alot did alot of taping of zero back in the day will send you Zero with merl from 91 very cool and maybe you can vine it SINCE i seem to suck at thislove to all and thank you for the vib for mom.. i do have the originals ark tell me where to send them i will ...the pm's box was never checked so pm's are all good now peace to all steve walker aka wolff
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.