• 153 replies
    marye
    Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
    Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
    Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
    SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
    charliemiller87@earthlink.net
    February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
    AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
    Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
    -- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
    d1t01 - Tuning
    d1t02 - Be

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • dstache
    19. pkpotter20. stephen in PA 21. PAPPYPGH 22. dstache 23. Arkdeadhead (pwyatt30@yahoo.com) 24. Wolff
  • wolff
    still seem to be having a problem i can cut but no pasteso sorry help steve ps tommo did the pic's come through
  • dstache
    Received today, out on Mon or Tue
  • Ltapilot
    Hi Steve,Welcome to the vine yard. Best way to make this vine stuff happen is to go back to show you are interested in and find the LAST list of participants. Cut and past that into a reply with your dead.net user name. No need for the personal info, phone, email ect. unless you do not do PM's from this site. Then send a PM to the person above you on that list with you USPS address. After some time it will come to you. Copy the discs and send on the originals to the next guy. Hopefully he sent you an address. Enjoy the tunes, lots of REAL good shows in here. Merry Christmas, Peace Rick
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    I'm not a file format guru by a long shot, stephen...
    ...but going from FLAC to MP3 and then to WAV is bound to be costing you some fidelity, MP3 is pretty lossy and you don't get it back. Can't you go direct from the FLAC to WAV? Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
  • wolff
    Hey Now would love to have they shows I didn't miss a show at expo they were killer.. I would love to trade I have never did the vine thing not to sure , but I can make it work with a little help from my friends.. will also be happy to send some pictures i've taken . took pic's of the boys from 72-91 on the west soooo I do have some KILLERSplease any help steve walker 7041 refined ct sac ca 95842 or waipiowolf@sbcglobal,.net or cell 916-212-6016 peace and thanks cheer's steve
  • stephen in PA
    When I burn a CD it converts from MP3 to WAV. Sorry for the confusion.
  • PAPPYPGH
    Was wondering the same thing, Stephen.....WAVs or MP3s??? ~ Pappy http://www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    Hey now stephen, MP3s? Do you mean WAVs? just wondering, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
  • stephen in PA
    Going to start working on burning mp3's for Pappy, I have some time off coming up (and some jury duty..god bless america) so no worries Pappy, help is on the way, eventually.Happy Holidaze! Leave it if you dare...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

Started by Tommo

We have here the complete 3 night run from Cal Expo August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1989.
Very nice shows. Opening night saw 21 songs performed and an 11-song 1st set- I haven't checked the statistics, but that's rare for 1989 !

6 discs in FLAC format.

All files have been Charlie Millerized, which means they are good. Thank you Charlie. I don't know you, but I am your brother.

Charlie's notes appear below, somewhat edited for this post, but complete on the discs :

Grateful Dead - August 4, 1989
Cal Expo Amphitheatre - Sacramento, CA

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
February 5, 2008

Patch Info:
AUD Source from David Minches supplies:
Space (3:30 - 3:53)

Notes:
-- Discs 2 and 3 are seamless

Set 1:
d1t01 - Tuning
d1t02 - Be

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

37. TheNuthatch >> out 4/2038. sportzfreak260 (in 4/22)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Am actually just getting to these shows and the first one was excellent. Any takers? Send me a PM.