Grateful Dead

Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?

Here and there in the forums people are expressing their enthusiasm for particular candidates in the upcoming U.S. elections, while others are saying Enough Already, We Don't Want To Hear About It.

So, this is the right place to discuss your favorites (or non-favorites) and other matters relevant to the campaign. If you're not into it, skip this topic!

And as for all you non-U.S. residents, if you want a similar topic for what's going on in your part of the world, speak up and I'll start it. Thanks!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Hal R's picture
pajak

Why don't you spit out what you are insinuating? If you really have a point to prove tell us what it is. You are posting vagueness and innuendo because whatever your accusations are, (which we don't even know) apppear to have no factual basis at this time to back them up.

This is an old propaganda trick. Create unrest, uneasiness, discontent, distrust without facts to back what you say. I call your bluff.

Prove it.

By the way what is the problem with the O on your computer?

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.
William Blake

TigerLilly's picture
Agree with you in one thing Pajak

and that is that we're gonna be sorry. But do not agree that will be due to Obama. Think the economy in 2009 is going to be worse, and not better-and has nothing to do with Obama just yet.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you will still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Samuel Clemens

The Other Bunch's picture
I prefer...

I prefer mental floss.

Too many questions were asked too late; too many more never yet asked.
Answers coming forward now should give all pause and concern.

"Crime does not pay ... as well as politics." - Alfred E. Newman

Gypsy Cowgirl's picture
Johnman.....

I was just saying I thought we were all brainwashed....dry cleaning is a good possiblity..Sorry, I'm with Mr. Pid on this one.....guess I better stop, too-got work to do........
xoxo Gypsy Cowgirl

johnman's picture
i wonder

if brain-washing is the same as brain-dry cleaning? ' course, that may involve far too many (or not enough) chemicals..........and why is it that when people have opinions that vary from the opinions of others, they are assumed to be brain-washed?......could be the "dry cleaning" thing..or......uh........ok, ok....i'll stop

Mr. Pid's picture
Not sure

that I agree with Pajak's dire assessment but I certainly do respect his right to voice it. The velocity and ferocity of Obama's PR campaign to document non-association with Mr. Soon-To-Be Ex-Governor of Illinois is a bit disquieting, though.

Besides, is there anyone left alive who's surprised that political appointments from Chicago are for sale to the highest bidder? Hello?

Conversation is always more interesting than recitation, so speak your mind and not someone else's.

Gypsy Cowgirl's picture
"LET THERE BE....

SONGS TO FILL THE AIR"............sorry to see you're still squabbling....right on grdaed73! Can't please all the people all the time.....We're all entitled to freedom of the press, expression, thoughts.-at least that's what we've been brainwashed to believe.......xoxox Gypsy Cowgirl

grdaed73's picture
have

another hit dude! hell, eat the whole sheet !

johnman's picture
well.....

certainly can't say you don't have an opinion, now can we?..........(pssst...........I did'nt vote for him.......)

The Other Bunch's picture
Curiouser and Curiouser

I find it a bit hard to fathom that folks who dance to the lyrics "spinning a set the stars through which the tattered tales of axis roll about the waxen wind of never set to motion in the unbecoming round about the reason hardly matters nor the wise through which the stars were set in spin" find my simple little post too obtuse to interpret in light of emerging events on a thread about politricks. I apologize for being too obtuse.

Let me rephrase it - Øbama, The Øne chosen by (I'm guesstimating) more than 95% of the posters on this thread, is turning out to be a crooked dealer, surrounded by crooked dealers, whose crookedness was ignored and even denied by an obsequious press. They will now be given carte blanche to dismantle the foundations of this nation - economic foundations, spiritual foundations, and cultural foundations - the only nation on earth that could provide the economic, spiritual and cultural bubble required to spawn The Grateful Dead.

I am sorry that the remaining members of the Grateful Dead saw fit to get involved.

Is that clearer? Again, I apologize for being obtuse. Politics is a dirty business; not a nice, kind or positive business. If the reality of that is too hard too handle, than this web site may not have been the place to introduce a realm that engenders characters like Øbama and McCain. As the layers of the Øbama Ønion are peeled away, we may all be just a wee bit sorry The Boys played a fundraiser for The Øne.

"The fore runner radiates wild help up far now, gun ships pass so far
Pass me a vote, silly, and how we did it all over
Did it all over, did it all over the road"
-Revolutionary Hamstrung Blues

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?