Grateful Dead

Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?

Here and there in the forums people are expressing their enthusiasm for particular candidates in the upcoming U.S. elections, while others are saying Enough Already, We Don't Want To Hear About It.

So, this is the right place to discuss your favorites (or non-favorites) and other matters relevant to the campaign. If you're not into it, skip this topic!

And as for all you non-U.S. residents, if you want a similar topic for what's going on in your part of the world, speak up and I'll start it. Thanks!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
pkpotter's picture
Thanks for the breath of

Thanks for the breath of fresh air TigerLilly, tired of the negative,on with the positive.

TigerLilly's picture
What for heaven's sake

are you on about Pajak? Have NO idea of what you are trying to say, cept that it seems to me to be something negative. "THe One and his henchmen" "ridiculous exersize of a gradual and blatant attempt at the dismantling of America"???? Too obtuse to know what this is supposed to mean perhaps.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you will still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Samuel Clemens

The Other Bunch's picture
hehehe

The combined history (what little we know of it) and emerging antics of The Øne and his henchmen are making the Clinton's look like a bunch of pikers! Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

It's unfortunate that the remaining members allowed themselves to get tainted in this ridiculous exercise of a gradual and blatant attempt at the dismantling of America.

"There is a case for telling the truth; there is a case for avoiding the scandal; but there is no possible defense for the man who tells the scandal, but does not tell the truth." - GK Chesterton, 7/18/1908

Drewster58's picture
RE: Can I Be A Deadhead and Still Think Big Government is Bad?

YES! Of course, my child, we are still one.

Inclusive Hippy Earthmother

Drewster58's picture
RE: Can I Be A Deadhead and Still Think Big Government is Bad?

NO!

Big Hippy Liberal

Drewster58's picture
Can I Be A Deadhead and Still Think Big Government is Bad?

Can I Be A Deadhead and Still Think Big Government is Bad?

I was thinking back to the not-so halcyon days of my youth. I don't remember my older hippy friends being pro-government. It was more a movement of mutual support, helping each other in small communes and getting back to a less-is-more mentality (if we ever really 'had' that).

Now that I'm a hard working special education teacher, can I still be a Deadhead and not necessarily believe in and trust the Democratic party or the Obama presidency until I see actual decisions made, and acknowlegement of the responsibility for the good and bad results? I just don't see the answer to what ails us in politics, Democrat or Republican.

You guys inclusive of people like me, too?

Drewster58
"The Xeric Xenophile"

GADEADHEAD's picture
Jim Martin 2008!

As most of you know, Jim Martin is in a smear fest runoff election down here in Georgia. If Obama voters truly want change, we need to vote for Jim Martin for US Senate to give Barack the tools he needs to get things done. The GOP is pouring everthing they have into the state because they are scared to death that we will turn Georgia blue again. In fact McCain himself was in town last Thursday campaigning with Chambliss. I am attending the Bill Clinton/ Jim Martin event at Clark Atlanta University tomorrow. I am worried that after 6 years of Saxby Chambliss voting with W 90% of the time, voting against children's health care, wasting time making English the State's official language, etc, etc, we are going to have a tough time getting out the vote for a runoff. Any possitive vibes are apprectiated.

http://www.martinforsenate.com/

Peace -

David

Gypsy Cowgirl's picture
I agree Johnman

........like Gr8fulTed's comment though....it's all a bunch of #$#%$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
xoxxoo Gypsy Cowgirl

TigerLilly's picture
QUACK

"Thinking is fine if done in moderation" ccjoe

You're quacking me up with that guy!
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you will still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Samuel Clemens

cabinet postions

I think it would be awesome if Governor Jesse Ventura was given the postion of Secretary of Defense!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?