Grateful Dead

Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?

Here and there in the forums people are expressing their enthusiasm for particular candidates in the upcoming U.S. elections, while others are saying Enough Already, We Don't Want To Hear About It.

So, this is the right place to discuss your favorites (or non-favorites) and other matters relevant to the campaign. If you're not into it, skip this topic!

And as for all you non-U.S. residents, if you want a similar topic for what's going on in your part of the world, speak up and I'll start it. Thanks!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Hey Nebraska split our electoral college vote

for the first time since 1964.
We are one of the two states (Maine is the other) that will split their electoral college votes.
Nebraskas's split is based on who wins in each of NE's 3 congressional districts.
But our votes did count on the electoral college distribution, even though McCain took the state.

The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.

PAPPYPGH's picture
DOCKS!!!

THANK YOU.

~ Pappy
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter

docks of the city's picture
Do I get a cookie?

I happen to love all that social stuff. I go to the church of the public library. I love social programs (Public Health has been there for me), public parks and beaches. I love these public roads I drive around on and public buildings - museums, aquariums, the public squares. Kids need public places to grow. It's one world now. And it has been since airtravel and tv blew open those doors. I think a lot of people all over the world think we need a new take on things. Let's get eachother's basic needs met. We aren't dancin' in the street for nothing. We're dancin in the street 'cause it's good.

Gr8fulTed's picture
Come to Kansas

We're under $1.90, approaching $1.80 Gr8fulmom.... think it will stay low for Christmas?

Hey all

I just got gas in NJ for $2.03 a gal. WooHoo it's coming down, it was $4.00 this summer.
I like to see it under $1, now that would be sweet :)

'hear ya pappy,but still amazed at what politicans get away with

Hey, if a billion, is a thousand million, and a trillion, is a thousand billion, then a gazillion must be the price of a gaz-o-line.

Greg SC

PAPPYPGH's picture
Ugh

Greg - I tried to point out the reasons why I thought the market was the way it is. I didn't blame W for everything. Most educated people don't either.

BTW - a gazillion is a kabillion millions.

~ Pappy
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter

Pappy

Pappy, Just wanted to give you a taste of the silliness we've heard from Obama during this past year. You'd think that George Bush ran the House, Senate, and Oval Office the way he was blamed for everything. But hey, I guess the buck stops with the guy on top. So since we heard how George Bush caused the stock market to crash, then we can assume that the market balked at the Obama win. Hey, fair is fair.

Greg SC

c_c
c_c's picture
so...

so, like when EF Hutton told me to buy low and sell high, I thought it was, you know, like an invitation to spark a doob.

grdaed73's picture
hahahaha

hahahahha...now thats funny, CCj

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Campaign 2008 - Who Do You Like?