Grateful Dead

Dead 2009 Tour Vine

started by Sunshine_daydream1951.

all shows from 2009 tour including KFOG acoustic broadcast. Too many shows to list

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
I hav`nt seen her around

let`s hope it did`nt get mailed yet . hate to see it vanish at #6 !!

hmm

I heard alleygator has been MIA so maybe it wont go to italy, we will find out

Longrifle's picture
Got it

Seems to have been delayed at the border, which only happens occasionally, but it's here now, and off to Italy when I get the address. I tried to get this one circulating in Europe on the Eurovine Branch but have been informed by Marye and a few Europeans that it's not closed but is lacking activity. I tried, guy's, so I hope nobody's too upset it's on it's way to Italy.

1. Unclejon
2. AlpineMike
3. stuman
4. pabogoniagirl1
5. Longrifle
6. alleygator
7. Estim8ed
8. ripple1974
9. saba1418
10 Lordmonkey
11. noonie
12 RaymondMBrown
13. GR8FLPT
14. Jess87
15. fleaflicker

Longrifle's picture
Vine going to Italy

I'm not happy about it. I won't see this vine for many weeks, probably 4 - 6. I asked alleygator to look into the Euro vines helping them to circulate in Europe but she responded by saying... quote below... I take her response to mean...

Since she's unaware of the euro branch she doesn't need to bother with looking into it. That it may look like she's on lots of vines, other's are too, so she see's no problem bogging us down. I guess the mention of $ means since she pays more it's ok to slow us and cost us (for how many? 10 she has so far and 10 new I've noticed) Also, since nobody else mentioned the euro branch, she feels nobody else cares we're sending all these over there, and therefore, she still need not bother looking into the euro branch. Why do we have the euro branch if the 'some' europeans don't want to bother with it because, presumably, it's not advertized very well, or too much bother to look into, or maybe there's a thought it may take longer to get there. I've sent a few over to europe and it cost me $10, but it was a big audio vine, but I asked if anyone minded and made sure I was at the end of the list so I wasn't bogging things down. I don't hear that kind of consideration in her response to me. I hear "f you" between the lines.

So I asked Marye about it and here's her response, which I respect and understand, but would still like to see it work the way Marye mentioned as it's the solution to an old problem. Quotes read in order from bottom up.

I don't mean to cause issues or problems but I see this as an old problem that some europeans are not respecting our solution to. I respect how it's supposed to work, as Marye said, and see that it actually is good for europeans as it populates their vine list with only 1 request, making access to vines better and faster for them all. Maybe, alleygator could do her peers a favor and follow the rules and ask the originator to send a copy over there benefiting all europeans.

I'm curious what how other feel. Am I being unfair asking that the europeans look into how to populate there vine lists? pm me if you don't want your response public, but I wanted everybody to know the full "quoted" story and read the gentle way I've tried to help correct, what I see as an old problem already fixed, but is obviously resurfacing.

Marye's response...

****"Well, this is a Dead forum, so it's not like we're obsessed by rules, and specifically I do not tell viners what to do.

The elegant way to handle this would be for the originator of the vine to send another copy to the Euro who can then post it in Eurovines. But I'm not going to order them to do it.

> Hi Marye,
>
> I hope I'm right that you're our moderator and can help. I've noticed europeans in the vines, which is fine, but I thought there was a place for them where we in Can and US didn't have to send stuff overseas all the time. Specifically, 'Alleygator' is excited and on lots of vines so all those vines she wants will be in Italy for a month. I don't mind but I thought this issue was already dealt with by having copies sent specifically to circulate in Europe. thx, peace,
>
> Longrifle"*****

****"didn't know of the presence of a european branch, if you give me a clue i'll be happy to write them, but ,please, keep in mind that i'm not everywhere, the fact is that if you sign to a vine you'll appear as the last to reply,so you'll be in the main page, if u take a look after my vines, you'll notice that _f.ex.- Jackstrawof... is signed to a lot of vines just because ,like me,he scrolled all the vines once in a lifetime,instead of doin' it day by day,so....remember that i'll send the vine back to the next viner that,surely, will be in usa or can, but,while usa viner pays a $2,51 postage,from italy, i'll pay morethan $ 5,50, and ,when i searched the different forums i didn't get any adverts for euro'heads to stay away, infact i already got 9 or 8 cds vines from other bros in the usa and none told me such things before,so i wasn't awared of those rules.
Sorry if you have to wait,i'll try to be faster than light when the cds arrive,
More peace

> Alleygator,
>
> I've noticed you are excited about the vines and are everywhere. We have a european branch that I think you should look into because it's not fair to us in the US and Canada to have to pay bigger postage fees and wait a lot longer. Some people may not even send them over there. I see your name on a lot of vines so you are poised to cost us a lot and delay a lot of vines. If you want those vines and don't want to mess us up look into the european branch and make arrangements for separate vines to circulate there. Thx, peace,
>
> Longrifle" *****

got it

will copy asp,Alleygator is in Italy anybody have problem with it going over there.
Peace
Tina

OOpsss

Well I hav`nt help up a vine in a while , but here we go .. I mailed this one , using the little automated machine at the PO. and aparently the postage sticker had fallen off . so the USPS sent it back to me and I hav`nt had a chance to get back to the PO in the past two day`s .
However I do have time this morning to do so , and I will get back up there . I hope those bastdards don`t try to make me pay twice , ain`t my fault that their sticker fell off the package
but will do what is necesary to get this back out ..
sorry abt. that ...

will be out in the AM

No word from fleaflicker, so I`ll move him to the bottom of the list and this will go to pabogoniagirl1 on monday morning ..

1. Unclejon
2. AlpineMike
3. stuman
4. pabogoniagirl1
5. alleygator
6 Longrifle
7. Estim8ed
8. ripple1974
9. saba1418
10 Lordmonkey
11. noonie
12 RaymondMBrown
13. GR8FLPT
14. Jess87
15. fleaflicker

Hope everyone has a nice week !! Peace and sunshine !!
Stu ..

repaired disc arrived

And I hav`nt gotton an address for fleaflicker .. I`ll pm pabogoniagirl1 for address comfirmation.. Thanx Mike !!

Holding

I need to hold this until I get a repaired disc 5 from Alpinemike, wich he is sending to me tomorrow . and i`m still waiting for fleaflickers address so ..
Thank you Bob, and Thank you Mike !!

sorry

I think I just didnt copy all of them thanks for the correction

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Dead 2009 Tour Vine