Grateful Dead

4 replies [Last post]
marye's picture

Folks, we've received numerous communications from people who purchased the live CDs at the venue during the recent tour, only to get home and find one or more of the discs defective.

First of all, the CD sales were at the venue only, involved another company, and had nothing to do with Dead.net. However, in response to the inquiries, here's the official word:

Re: Defective/missing Dead show discs We are sorry that you have encountered a problem with your show discs from the Dead’s recent tour. To clarify, these discs are not being produced, fulfilled or replaced by Dead.net. However, if you need a replacement disc(s), please contact David at service@ratdoglive.com

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

If you have already sent us your information, we have passed it to David at Ratdog, but please feel free to communicate with him directly also.

Should you wish to purchase CD-quality recordings of the shows from Dead.net, they are available via download here. Thank you!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
lamagonzo (not verified)
The above post should read:

"....then those in charge of licensing the vending at shows clearly bear responsibility to those poeople who purchased defectives to get thier first rate discs."

This reminds me of the guy with the SYF art object being told he has to enter a licensing agreement if he wants to sell one piece of art, but if defective discs get vended at shows the band bears no responsibility.

Kinda sounds like the corporate ethics of the last Bush administration,,,,

lamagonzo (not verified)
Dodging Responsibility

I believe if you buy a disc at a vendor's table at a show (without a sign stating they aren't the vendor of the musicians making the music that night on the table), then you clearly bear responsibility to those people to get their first rate discs.

I call that common sense and taking responsibility. Somewhere the Dead made money letting those people sell the discs in the show. The Dead need to suck it up and recoup from ratdoglive.

marye's picture
thanks, although the Bentley pic

is actually Gypsy Cowgirl's, only she was having trouble with the upload.

Ungnome's picture
Defective discs

Ungnome

Thanks, Marye, for your post. I just sent off a note to the above email address after having significant problems with one of three discs from the L.A. Forum.

Also, love the shot of Bentley.

Ung

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Defective Live CDs From Dead 2009 Tour