Grateful Dead

19 replies [Last post]
marye's picture

boputnam says:

I'd like to let folk know about www.jerryday.org - a great annual festival in Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre of MacLaren Park, in Jerry's teen neighborhood, the Excelsior District of San Francisco. The festival is true to the spirit, and this year features some wonderful Bay Area bands:

www.jellymusic.com
www.workingmansed.com
www.jgbband.com

5 August 2007, Sunday, noon to dusk, free.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
music-festivals's picture
Looking Forward To Next Year

Looking forward to next year!

woodstock

haightdon's picture
Jerry Day 2009 August 2nd. - Melvin Seals and JGB

Had a Fantastic Time!

2741023830057083606S600x600Q85.jpg

2606844510057083606S600x600Q85.jpg

2211714710057083606S600x600Q85.jpg

Dead Freaks Untie

Does anyone know when the next Dead Freaks Unite is?

boputnam's picture
I've pm'd marye about a

I've pm'd marye about a Jerry Day chat thingy - we'll see what she sez.

Andrea - you can get through to the promoter of Jerry Day on the website (contact). We'd LOVE to have that kind of support!! Thanks so much... (if that fails, pm me and I'll try and get you in-touch).

Also, KFOG is hosting their 2nd Annual Jerry Day Morning, Wednesday 30 August at 7.30am. Pat Nevins, Stu Allen and Sandy Rothman (? me thinks) are going to play a couple things acoustic. Thanks to Dave Morey and his crew for keeping deadheads in mind!

andreaamericangirl's picture
jerry day

thanx and praises goin out on the jerry day info!!! i can't wait 2 get the buzz buzz buzz goin around the park (golden gate) and the haight. oh and if u can please get some fliers made somewhere the san fran muni will carry me, i will come pick them up and overwhelm the haight & downtown w/ them- make distributing and posting Jerry Day fliers my full-time day job this whole next week- cuz this A.M. at about 7 on the N judah heading downtown i found a july muni pass so i can now go anywhere in this great city, anytime, w/out having 2 worry about the whole valid trasfer thing- oh and b.t.w. the pass is 4 july but muni allows the bearer 2 ride on it til the 3rd of the next month which covers me perfectly just until the Day. How does That hit u??? Could it be any clearer what my mission 4 the next 8 days is??? Can't deny the beautiful magic- perfectly synchronized love-flow. Blessings 2 u and u, Much Divine Love, see y'all there, peace, andrea

Sunshine-daydream1951's picture
Chatroom Jerry day

we need a chatroom Jerry Day

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Spanish Jam

boputnam's picture
Jerry Day 2008

YES INDEEDY!!

Jerry Day 2008 is happening for sure! Sorry to not have posted this earlier...

3rd August 2008 - Jerry Garcia Ampitheatre, McLaren Park, Excelsior District San Francisco.

www.jerryday.org (these are not active links - copy and paste into your browser)

Schedule and Line-up:

HIGH NOON
- Loco Bloco (http://www.locobloco.org/index.html). Fabulous Latino percussion and dance troupe from the Excelsior. Great stuff!

12.30pm
- Workingman's Ed (www.workingmansed.com). Bay Area based ensemble of true deadheadedness. Features Pat Nevin's (WE and Ragged Glory), Stu Allen (WE and JGB Band), Jeff Faust (bass), James Miller (keys) and Mark Corsolini (drums, JGB Band), with special guest Sammy Johnston (Box Set, Grapefruit Ed) on B3 and pedal steel.

2.45pm
- revisiting the JG Acoustic Band, featuring Stu Allen (guitar), Sandy Rothman (mandolin), Justin Purtill (bass, JGB Band) and Brian Godchaux (fiddle, Heart of Gold and Hot Licks).

3.30pm
- JGB Band, featuring Melvin Seals, Stu Allen, Justin Purtill, Mark Corsolini, and of course, Cheryl and Shirley!

6.00pm - end of permit. Park and Rec needs us shut-down by then, so this is a hard finish.

PLEASE COME EARLY AND ENJOY THIS FREE SHOW TO CELEBRATE JERRY'S LIFE AND MUSIC, HELD IN HIS "HOOD"...

"Pray for better weather..."

andreaamericangirl's picture
jerry day

it's 2008 now- will there be a jerry day aug.5 this year? i sure would love to celebrate his life- please say we're gonna do it again this year! -andrea

birdleson's picture
BS

That guitar guy was trying way too hard to sound like Jerry. Very affected.

Stephen Spangler's picture
Jerry Day Review

I went to Jerry Day yesterday in San Francisco, at McLaren Park, near Harrington Street where Jerry lived as a child. I was born in the same hospital, Children's Hospital, in 1949, that Jerry was born in in 1943. The bus driver told me he went to Mission High School. Stu is great, and Melvin on the keyboards, and the two girl singers, and the bassist and drummer. The best was,
"Brothers and Sisters". 2nd best was "Will The Circle Be Unbroken?".

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Jerry Day 2007, August 5, San Francisco