Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]
marye's picture

All week long, we invite everyone to join our celebration of Jerry Garcia's life and legacy by sharing your thoughts and memories with the community.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Jerry week

I liked it . Brought back some very nice memories ! And some very cool downloads too , also very nice .. Love you Jerry and we miss you !! Thank you for all the joy you have unknowingley brought into so many of lives !!

ka.swan (not verified)
about Jerry

don' really know how much I miss him,but I do know when he wants me to hear him,with his guitare .Maybe he found a cosmic guitare again ? I sure hear him all around these last two weeks,and hot stuff sounds too,oui,oui,oui,!!!

wow!!!

Stu Allen is on lead for The Schwag...his Jerry vocals are on point...listen to "Tangled Up in Blue" on that link...they're mp3 format but fantastic....crispy...there's a dank Half-Step too ;)

if u haven't caught a Schwagstock...GO!!!!!

"In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."

The Schwag

I went and caught The Schwag on Jerry's B-day...here is a SBD of the first set...or part of it...Jerry was in the house

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmnoooddmjk

"In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."

Happy B'day Jerry G.....

Love you more than words can tell.

Just want to also say that a part of Jerry will NEVER die. Thanks to all the archives out there.

Pieces of him are everywhere. Anyone who attended any of the 2009 tour know. The amazing part is that at least half of those who attended shows were too young to have seen JG live, but still get what the essence of the band and the community are about.

Miss ya Jer'!

I remember August 9, 1995 like it was yesterday. I was 15 yrs. old, a new budding Deadhead and the news came. My buddies and I sat on the county courthouse steps, smoked a few bones, and made a little shrine of candles and pics for Jerry. I do believe it was on a Wednesday, so the regular town traffic came through, looking at the silly hippies crying about a "dead guy" but we didn't care. Jerry's music wili live on FOREVER!! We miss ya Jerry!

I miss him when he's gone

that headlight on a northbound train.

bright light, dark star.

love is real, not fade away.

grateful72's picture
His job is to shed light, not to master!

So many things to say, really, I mean c'mon, .....the MUSIC....sheesh, you just cannot say anything that is worthy enough.....but I suppose the most important aspect of Jerry's life that I recognize is his willingness to share so much of himself, his life, his art, everything; with so many people; in such a powerful way, without EVER abusing that power....just flat out keeping it down to the ground and real as it gets. What a superhuman quality that is. Simply put...it inspires me. It allows me to wake up everyday, with love and appreciation for my wife, my children, my family, and my friends, since I know that that is the special quality in a person that lives on, beyond the superficial. So thanks Jerry, love is real, not fade away.

Unbroken Chain

Jerry Week..... from the 1st to the 9th. Isn't it just like Jerry to have 9 days in his week!

Oh how I miss you!

Sometimes you can get shown the light and in the strangest of places you can look at it right....

RIP

The music never died. ...

one love
one life
one time

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9