Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
The music never died. ...

one love
one life
one time

Grateful Canuck's picture
Jerry - All Around The World........

Jerry's love knew no boundries, all around the world people got on the bus when they heard the creative genius we know as Jerry. I celebrate Jerry's life with you all, for we are one.........

Gr8fulTed's picture
August 9th - R.I.P.

Soothing the memory with a nice long Dark Star, ala 12/6/73... Spent 8/9/95 with my family and good friends Pete & Melissa up in beautiful Ely, MN, frying walleye fillets and playing Grateful Dead.

snakesandladders's picture
DiG!!

R . I . P . man:(:(
"ONCE A DEADHEAD ALWAYS A DEADHEAD!

Jerry

Unfortunately, I will never be able to say that I saw Jerry live. I was born in 1988 and was only 7 when he moved on, but I still to this day remember my dad crying. Even at my young age I could sense what Jerry had meant to him.
When I went through stages of adolescent depression, it was Jerry's silky voice singing Uncle John's Band that uplifted and removed me, for only a matter of minutes, from the darkness that I felt.
From that moment on I felt a connection with the band and their music, always finding in them comfort and peace, especially in the voice and guitar of Jerry. His love, music and curiosity of the world around him have helped me to shed my anxiety and become a much more sane and level-headed person.
I caught the Forum and Shoreline shows this spring, and that magical weekend will forever be in my memory due to the overwhelming joy and love that I felt. I was surrounded by Jerry and I know that I was closest to him there.
It still amazes me to think that a man so far removed from me could be mean so much to me. But that was Jerry, larger than life.
I will meet you someday, Jerry.

No our love will not fade away.

Big Big Jer

Man I have to say that the first time I seen the boy's I was hooked but when Jerry left us I was sad?.But I alway's new I would se him again one day.I miss ya buddy hope things are kind.always thinking of ya love ya .

iJah420's picture
Go Figure

My First daughter was born 8-10-1995........Brooke Anderson MacManus

9lbs 10oz my last show was in Tampa Brooke was there in the belly of Mom......

Worst day, best day of my life..... Keep the Faith little children go on @ a steady pace...

going to Hoxeyville to c Melvin can not wait... will b a grateful scene...Jerry WILL b there.

iJah420's picture
Missing Him Big. But A Grateful Day.

God Bless You Jerome John Garcia..... We Love You!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Jerry.

Let the Good Times ROLE!!! We miss You.. I miss You.... But I SMILE SMILE SMILE every day because of the happiness your music brings me day in day out.....THANK YOU Jerry!!!

Thank You.

Cheers!!

Chad, Brooke & Ana

pomo1's picture
RIP JERRY

The world is a much better place for so many people because you were in it.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
Albert Einstein

Chuck A stone's picture
A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through

My goodness it has been 14 years, and lord knows the trails and trubulations we have seen.

Thinking back.

I remember todd calling and saying jerry's dead. I hadn't felt pain like that since John Lennon was Murdered.

Minutes later, my father called. We had not talked in over 4 years, due to outside rumors and inuendos. He wanted to make sure I was ok. He said he didn't always agree with my lifestyle, but understood my pain. 8 months later I held his hand as we had the doctor remove life support. He smiled and went to join Jerry. Jerry's passing brought my dad and I together for a moment in time.

My exwife after Jerry's passing, Let my son join me on the road for shows. (He saw GD with Jerry 2 times.)

My son and I went to Furthur's, Other ones, and so many festivals. I remember the night he became aware. It was good friday , Ratdog was at the House of Blues here at Orlando. He was sorta watching dad, when some young sisters came up said they were late and inquired about the setlist. He answered for me and then hung out with his new friends the rest of the show.(Music never stops opener). Heck at the first Bonnarro he ditched me. He was 13

10 years and 9 month after Jerry's passing, Brandon was killed in a terrible twist of fate. He called on friday night to tell me he love me and was killed on Sunday. On Sunday night I turned to Jack Daniel's on monday I return to life and put on some dead.

It finally hit he, no matter how hard we may want it we can't bring back or change what has happened in the past. We cannot dwell on it either.

Instead of a funeral, we had a celebration of my son's life. Not only did fellow deadheads support us, The pagans and outlaws represnted. A Chior from the local Baptist church sang in celebration. Brothers and sister>Deal (his song)>Brokedown Palace> we bid you goodnight. All races, backgrounds were present. Anger was put aside for a short time. Heck it turned into a party.

A few of us will get together tomorrow, and celebrate the times we were together because of Jerry. We are going to celebrate the fact that after all these years we are still tight. We are going to celebrate our lost friends and family members because they made us what we are.

Most importantly we are going to celebrate all the kind people in the world and hope we can our differences aside.

Cheers to all of you

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9