Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Jerry

Jersey City 1973..The wind blowing the flags...What a night....Happy Birthday Jerry

Chuck

marye's picture
thanks always to Jerry

and happy Jerry Day to all.

One of my favorites, from Robert Hunter:

8.09.06 . . .Eleven years?
Jerry was the complete package, wrapped with a ribbon and marked "Return to Sender." Our long time sorrow reminds me of the 50's cartoon where Dennis the Menace is sitting on top of a heap of unwrapped Christmas presents and boxes about twice as tall as he is saying: "Is that all? "

Gr8fulTed's picture
Listen to the river sing sweet songs...

...to rock our souls.... Gr8ful in KC

jerrrrry

happy birthday!!!

iknowurider's picture
Well said Steve !

Happy Birthday Jerry, miss you more than words can tell... .

PEACE

NYsteve's picture
HB Jerry!

God, I miss that man! I remember Watsonville, CA 9/83 goin' up close to take pics and Jerry looking right at me...ya know when you have "eye to eye" contact with someone?...I had chills! 2 years later at Chula Vista 9/85 meeting him backstage...chills again. No other man/woman has influenced music...our music, as he has and I will miss him forever! Workin' with Hard Truckers now on guitar cables for possible future stuff and the "bond" continues after all these years. At the taxi Tour, Angel Orensanz...someone yelled out "We Miss Jerry" and Phil replied "You think WE DON'T?" My heart goes out to the band and family as they knew him best....especially his daughters....he would have been 67 today....got tears in my eyes...big tough ex-Marine, huh? "There are things you can replace...and others, you CANNOT!" Peace Jerry! We LOVE YOU!

..even a blind man knows when the sun is shinin'...you can feel it!..

now then jerry

happy birthday mr garcia

grdaed73's picture
hey garcia

happy birthday!

Mom & Great Company (Jerry)

Jerry, my Mom joined you recently......She always loved anything from American Beauty & Workings Man Dead, if she happens to show up to the party, please keep this in your thoughts.

She's a bit reserved.... born in 1922

By The Way: Happy Birthday!!!

Grateful Doug

marye's picture
and, in case you missed it before

do not miss Patti Smith's incredible essay in which she coins the term "Jerry Week." It is one for the ages.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9