Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
THANK YOU JERRY. 20 YEARS

THANK YOU JERRY. 20 YEARS AGO I GOT ON THE BUS @ JFK IN PHILLY AND WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IS HAS BEEN.
JUST RECENTLY I HAVE TURNED A CO WORKER ON TO THE SOUND.. EYES OF THE WORLD DID HIM IN. HE THOUGHT I WAS LISTENING TO JAZZ.
HE IS A BLACK 45 YEAR OLD MAN WHO HAD ALWAYS THAT THE GRATEFUL DEAD WAS A HARD ROCK BAND like OZZY OSBOURNE.
I SAID IF HE EVER WANTED TO GET ON, THIS WOULD BE THE WEEK TO DO IT. HE TOLD ME THIS ISNT ROCK N ROLL... I USED BILLY G'S ASSESEMENT OF
"THEY ARNT THE BEST OF WhaT THEY DO, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO DO WHAT THEY DO...
EVERY YEAR MY WIFE AND I HAVE A JERRY JAM CLOSEST TO AUG. 9. ITS A TIME TO GET EVERYONE BACK AGAIN AND JAM OUT. I HAVE
SEEN THE OTHER ONES. THE DEAD, RAT DOG, AND PHIL. REALLY ITS ONLY CONCERTS I GO TO. FRIENDS HAVE TRIED TO GET ME on to PHISH
ETCS. BUT TO ME ITS REINVENTING THE WHEEL. I NEED JERRY.
THIS WEEKEND WILL BE ANOTHER CHANCE TO DO WHAT BOBBY ASKED AT JERRYS MEMORIAL. TO TAKE
TIME AND TO REFLECT BACK UP TO SKY A LITTLE JOY. BECAUSE HE HAS FILLED THIS WHOLE WORLD WITH SO MUCH OF IT....I SUGGEST WE ALL DO THE SAME...
KEEP ON TRUCKIN......

See you in the Future

snakesandladders's picture
Patti's esay

Loved reading Patti's essay and her reflections on Jerry, Syd, etc. ....thank you very much :)

snakesandladders's picture
Belated

HAPPY B-DAY JERRY :):).......left you a birthday note on the GD thread too :)

docks of the city's picture
Jerry Garcia Birthday Week

I am so grateful to have had the Grateful Dead's music in my life for all these years. Imagine there is a lot of dancin' in the streets of heaven this week. Peace and good vibes to the Garcia and Dead family. So loved by so many.

The 9 days of Jerry

On the first day of Jerry my true love gave to me a slightly used Live/Dead CD
On the second day of Jerry my true love gave to me two ticket stubs and a slightly use Live/Dead CD
On the third day of Jerry my true love gave to me three DeadBase copies, two ticket stubs, and a slightly used Live/Dead CD
On fourth day of Jerry...four frayed out T-shirts...
5th...five tie-dyed socks...
6th...six ancient Relics...
7th...seven Golden Roads...
8th...8 backstage passes...
9th...picks from Jerry...

JERRY! Dark Star!!!

walstib3's picture
Happy Birthday Jerry!

Since Jerry's passing, I've posted on my blog my little tribute to him.

Please check it out if you have a chance....

http://activerain.com/blogsview/1176783/happy-birthday-jerry-garcia-august-1-1942-august-9-1995

Oh, and if you're moved enough to leave a comment, please keep it clean...My mom reads it too!!!

Gr8ful Dean's picture
Heart of Gold Man

I only got to meet Jerry once and oddly not at a show. We met at the Epcot Center before the Orlando show that night. I can still remember my first show in 83 when Jerry played Tennessee Jed and I became a Head. Happy Birthday Jerry! Miss you always, Dean

Stu Allen

...of JGB with Melvin Seals and The Schwag (GD Tribute) performed a Morning Dew this weekend at Schwagstock 41 in Salem, MO that Jerry was def in the house for...it gave me chills and tears down my smiling face

"In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul."

8/5/89

My first show at Cal Expo! Right in the middle of Jerry Week!! I will always be a Dead head

Missing Jerry, Carry on

Bobby's intro to Steve Parish's book really puts the death of Jerry in perspective because he was so casual and friendly...hasn't lost a friend, as it were, but gained perspective...I'm with Bobby on this one. Jerry is gone, but he's here, too, in all of us...I only made two shows (The Highgate shows), but the community and energy that Phil keeps on talking about touches me beyond tears...and so it is with Jerry, he's a laughing man, and we are laughing friends...Happy Birthday, Jerry!

Andrew J. Levesque
Caribou, Me

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9