Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Thank you for a real good time!

1983 on shrooms at the hult center in oregon at the hotel the elevator door opens and jerry walks in flanel shirt and brief case i wonder what was in that brief case me and my friend turn to jerry and say wow its jerry he looked at us like we were out of our minds and we were.I tap jerry on the back and say jerry we came all the way from ft.lauderdale florida to see these concerts and jerry says thats great hope you have a real good time.Did we ever! I asked jerry if he could pull out a rippin china cat rider and he said ill see what i can do and he did it.Just one of the million memories i have.That little tour was so much fun back in 1983 the hult center park west boisie idaho and red rocks.Boisie was amazing and should be on cd.Thank you jerry for so many good times.

Mike Edwards's picture
JG

Thank you Jerry.

BerlinJed's picture
Happy Birthday!

"Standing on the moon, I'm feeling so alone and blue I see the Gulf of Mexico as tiny as a tear The coast of California must be somewhere over here"

Not just in California, the whole world is missing you!

Happy birthday Jerry!

Jerry

I remember talking to Jerry prior to a show at Park West. We were checking in to the Stein Erikson and the band just happened to be doing the same. Myself and a couple friends went and said hi to Jerry. He was so nice! The last sentence from him was something like, "Hope it's a good one". It was a fantastic evening. I miss you Jerry, Your band of brothers put on a gret spring tour. I caught the Denver show. Thanks guys.

I have been blessed

Pittsburg '92...I'm sitting in the Phil zone...As Jerry watchs Bob's guitar his line of sight is directly towards me...you could tell by looking in Jerry's eyes that"the lights are on but nobody's home"...just total concentration.

Richfield...Loser...I "close my eyes to see"...when I open my eyes tears are runnibg down my cheeks.Many artists can make me smile or laugh,but ONLY Jerry could make me cry!

Many times I would turn around and look at the crowd as the boys would start up China Cat or Scarlet/Fire and I would see communal bliss on thousands of faces.I have never witnessed this anywhere else.

I never got to see Mozart,I never got to see Robert Johnson.But I thank God everyday that my lifetime intersected Jerry's lifetime,and Bob Dylan's lifetime,and I was blessed to witness their magic.

We miss you

Jerry, we miss you always, but especially this time of year, when your memory again becomes fresh in our hearts. You are surely in a better place now, a place free from all of the pain and suffering. So walk, Jerry, walk along that black muddy river, and know that you are truly missed by all of us.

When it seems like the night will last forever And there's nothing left to do but count the years When the strings of my heart start to sever And stones fall from my eyes instead of tears I will walk alone by the black muddy river And dream me a dream of my own I will walk alone by the black muddy river And sing me a song of my own...

Miss you Jerry!

My favorite thing is when the boys would come out, Jerry would tune up and then look over at Bobby and kinda smile like, "you ready?" and then off they would go. The feeling you'd get in your belly when you'd see him enjoying himself was amazing. I've been reading Dark Star and there's a lot of heavy stuff in there, but I swear every time I saw them he looked like he was having a good time. Maybe those magical couple of hours were where he was most comfortable in his skin. I'm sure it was, and am so glad I got to be there to see it so many times. Happy Jerry Week everyone!

Thanks Jerry - - -

I can't imagine a world in which the Grateful Dead/Jerry Garcia never existed. Loved it then, love it now, and always will.

Nolan's picture
Thanks for the bliss Jerry.

Thanks for the bliss Jerry. Without love in the dream it'll never come true

We remember Jerome John

He was a great musician . He was a very developed human being ( with flaws like anyone anywhere } as well as the rest of the band members this band has had . Very evolved human beings . Very powerful output and work they did and created - musicwise as well as other things too

I wish i could ve had a friendship w him . He looked like such a hardworking , energetic individual . At least we have the great memories of him w us ; and his Works .. ..

In music there are so many - thank God - musicians tha bhave created such powerful music , to lead us in the ' right ' path . Rush , King crimson , Phish , Widespread panic , Beethoven Mozart , Haydn , Scarlatti etc etc

Music is made for us to elevate spritually . To cleanse , to balance .. to revitalize us . To many its therapy

So , our firend Jerry did and was such and important key part of the 30 year journey the GD were . And that is continued - now - by its excellent and very visionary bandmates Phil , Bob , Mickey , Bill etc

Peace

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9