Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Happy Birthday Jerry!

Thank you for all the real good times.
Love always,
Carolyn

Fly Away's picture
Still miss you after all these years...

and I feel sad. I was living in Vegas when Jerry died. I cried the most I ever cried in my whole life. Four days straight. My children were worried about me. They were 12, 11 and 5 at the time.

My husband and I had just taken them to their first Dead show in May of that year. We were sitting in the Phil Zone. We were surrounded by people from the Bay Area. They were the coolest people. They engaged our kids in conversation, asking them their favorite songs, how many shows they have been to, what was their favorite song. They were the nicest people. Dave Matthews opened for the Dead. During their show, Bob Weir's girlfriend (now his wife) came up to the Bay Area crew that were sitting around us and took them backstage. I only know it was Natasha because of her backstage pass hanging around her neck. My only regret in life is not jumping up and following those lucky bastards...and there were quite a few of them. My youngest child was 5 at the time and she still talks about that show. (She's 19 now). *Sigh* It makes a parent proud when you realize you've exposed your children to something good they will carry with them throughout their lives.

Love you, miss you, and thank you, Jerry! No one will ever take your place.

DoDa Man's picture
Standing on the Moon

Standing on the moon, where talk is cheap and vision true
Standing on the moon, but I would rather be with you
Somewhere in San Francisco on a back porch in July
Just looking up to heaven at this crescent in the sky
In the sky

Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Be with you
I'd rather be with you

DoDa Man ;^ )

Without love in the dream it'll never come true
=================================
Robert Hunter, Jerry Garcia
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Happy Birthday Jerry!

Thanks for all the great memories! Every show was a rare and precious jewel to me.

Happy Birthday Jerry!

Our Love Is Real - Not Fade Away.....

buddy plant's picture
Thank you Jerry Garcia

I can't even imagine my life without you in it... We love you more than words can tell...

Happy Birthday Jerry!

Thank you, for a real good time :)

Thanks Jerr. I'll never

Thanks Jerr. I'll never forget that look you gave me at The Chance (late show JGB) when i was leaning on the railing in front of you above the pit area w/ my cane & then you went into Catfish John. Your way of saying "my friend throw that cane away & dance". With that I did!!!

You will always be in my memories, heart & soul. Happy Birthday, we all still miss you, you were & still are The Jewel in the Crown!

Peace

AlpineMike's picture
Happy Brithday !!

Today I walked into a used bookshop and glanced through the music section as I always do and to my surprise I found Jerry's Amazing Grace Book (he illustrated it and it came with a cd of the song). This was my co-incidence for the day - as this is a favorite spititual song of mine and my wifes... Jerry continues to lift my spirit - the spirit does sing !

Amazing Grace
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now I’m found,
was blind but now I see.

‘Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear
and grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come.
‘Tis Grace hath brought me safe this far
and Grace will lead me home.

When we’ve been here ten thousand years,
bright shining as the sun,
we’ve no less days to sing God’s praise,
than when we first begun.

Happy Birthday Jerry !!!

rosa rugosa's picture
Happy Birthday Jerry!

So sorry that I never got to see you, but your legacy lives on! Thanks for all the wonderful music!

Crickets and cicadas sing, a rare and different tune, Terrapin Station.

Jerry

Happy Birthday Jerry
Thanks for all you gave in your life time!!!
I'm happy to have got on the bus & thanks for playing me

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9