Grateful Dead

110 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
squanto4442000's picture
Happy B-Day Jerry!!!!

Never had the oppurtunity to meet the man or see him play but he has influenced me none the less. Happy Birthday Jerry!!!! Wish You Were Here!!!!

cosmicbodhi's picture
Patti Smith Article

Never saw it before thanks to the person who posted it. Sad, beautiful, true, real. To say I love and loved and continue to love the whole scene and trip is redundant toi what everyone else says that is here soI said jsut because. Hey Jer? You been jammin' with Marmakduke recently? RIP all of you. Om-en.

terrapination's picture
Happy Birthday Jerry

Terrapination Dear Jerry..Remember when the GD played Red Rocks for the first time on 7/7/78. I was in the 4th row with my buddies Mark and Steve. We showed up the night before the show and camped inside the venue. It was my first show and what a show it was. Miss you. Say hey to Pig Pen, Keith, Vince. Miss you all !!!!

Happy Birthday Jer!!!!

Brother I will keep this short but was I was born way late (1980) but still you have shined ur light on me. No more do i run around worry'n about all the crazy stuff that goes on in this world. I know have a girl in my life and a beautiful little boy named Landon (2yrs) both have been introduced to such a GRATEFUL person and such GRATE music and let it be known anytime Franklin's Tower is on best believe he's sing'n back up to you. I want to THANK YOU so much for what you have done, The music, the interviews, the smile, and specially the network of followers and community that has been built around You and those wonderful bunch of guys that you somehow held together. Jerry last but not least i want you to know that even though you had to leave us, that the "boys' have not lost a step, I got to see my first show on May 7, in Denver and it brings tears to my eyes just thinkin about it....I know you were there with us sing'n and smilin............Jerry from the bottom of my heart and from this grate circle of people WE want you to know that we LOVE YOU and most of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend, i'll see you someday but it gonna be a while.

your friend, Easton

Happy Birthday Jerry!

And thank you for all the gospel songs you played, we love ya!

cassidy_rose's picture
Captin Tripps

Happy Birthday Jerry

miss you

ripple1974's picture
Happy Birthday Jerry!

To a man who influenced American rock music and countless souls. Jerry was an icon, a musician, a father, and so much more. He left a mark bigger than any other could ever touch.

Happy Birthday Jerry from myself and so many others who you touched through your musical genius!

Dave

"Goes to show, you don't ever know
Watch each card you play and play it slow"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY ! ! ! ! !

4vrgrtfl SMOKE A BONE FOR JERRY ! ! ! !

JackstrawfromColorado's picture
I miss you so much Jerry

Happy Birthday... Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the light you shed..

"I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel. Can't win for tryin. Dust off those rusty strings just one more time. Gonna make em shine."

BALTIMOREDEAD333's picture
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY !!!

really do miss him. wish i saw him when i had the chance the last time he and the band were back this way. i kick myself in the ass , every time i think about it.i swore i wouldnt make that mistake anymore. so everytime the come my way , i go see them. GOD BLESS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
"Jerry Week" 2009 -- August 1-9