• 178 replies
    marye
    started by Oroboros We have a vine on Phil & Friends, how about: Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs) (source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) Acoustic JGB: J. Garcia-guitar & vocals, J. Kahn-string bass, D. Kemper- drums, D. Nelson- guitar, S. Rothman-mandolin & dobro Disc 1: Set 1: Deep Elem Blues, Been All Around This World, Friend of the Devil, I'm Troubled*, Little Sadie**, Diamond Joe*, Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie, Trouble In Mind*, Ripple *=1st time played ** Only time played Electric JGB add G. Jones & J. LaBranch-Vocals, M. Seals-Organ Disc 2: Set 2: How Sweet It Is, Forever Young, Get Out of My Life Woman, Run for the Roses, It Stoned Me, My Sisters and Brothers, Deal Disc 3: Set 3 The Harder They Come, I Shall Be Released, Think, Evangeline, Gomorrah, Let It Rock, Lucky Old Sun, Tangled Up In Blue

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • PAPPYPGH
    This is going out Monday...I promise. This is the only one I got really screwed up on. ~ Pappy http://www.theCAUSEjams.com "Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - Robert Hunter
  • Oroboros
    This looks like the 'last list'. Who is still active for the
    reseed of the JGB Eel River 8/29/87 ? 34. PAPPYPGH 35. brother tom 36. greatfullygreatful 37. JackstrawfromColorado 38. fluffhead420 I will start by pming PAPPYPGH. And go from there. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • JackstrawfromC…
    I got a feeling this one is hopelessly lost
    "Escaping through the lily fields, I came across an empty space. It rainbow then exploded, left a bus stop in its place. The bus come by and I got on, thats when it all began. It was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never ever land"
  • emily-j
    i will have it out momentarily
  • Oroboros
    Sorry, I have been preoccupied, but this will be
    going out to Emily tomorrow morning. Enjoy. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • stephen in PA
    Haven't been on in a while...glad to see the reseed...sorry it didn't arrive to Emily.Love the vines...Vine on Leave it if you dare...
  • Oroboros
    send me your address! (thank you omniscient MITD) The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • MarkintheDark
    Default Avatar
    ...it disappeared when he mailed it to emily, I think. Some people don't check in on all the forums all the time, stephen, emily didn't realize it had been mailed to her until I asked back in February. ************************************** *The white zone is for loading and unloading only* **************************************
  • Oroboros
    I found it, unless it has changed recently. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
  • Oroboros
    Will work on a reseed. Sorry, I hadn't looked back in a while. Stephen could you pm me you address? I may have it but that would be faster. Thanks. The Truth is realized in an instant, the act is practiced step by step.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums
started by Oroboros We have a vine on Phil & Friends, how about: Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs) (source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) Acoustic JGB: J. Garcia-guitar & vocals, J. Kahn-string bass, D. Kemper- drums, D. Nelson- guitar, S. Rothman-mandolin & dobro Disc 1: Set 1: Deep Elem Blues, Been All Around This World, Friend of the Devil, I'm Troubled*, Little Sadie**, Diamond Joe*, Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie, Trouble In Mind*, Ripple *=1st time played ** Only time played Electric JGB add G. Jones & J. LaBranch-Vocals, M. Seals-Organ Disc 2: Set 2: How Sweet It Is, Forever Young, Get Out of My Life Woman, Run for the Roses, It Stoned Me, My Sisters and Brothers, Deal Disc 3: Set 3 The Harder They Come, I Shall Be Released, Think, Evangeline, Gomorrah, Let It Rock, Lucky Old Sun, Tangled Up In Blue
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

JGB 1987Got this one today from KJ7KJ on the west side of our mutual state today and will be off to Kim tomorrow Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs) (source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) 1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Hello I got the cds this morning and have them copied. Will get them to dstache next..... This is the first time i did this, and it was great getting the cds in the mail. Thanks to all. Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs) (source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) 1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) CDS ARE HERE NOW 9. dstache 10.operator 11.
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs)(source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) 1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) CDS ARE HERE NOW 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

cds sent to dstache today. Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs) (source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) 1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good!
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Received on Sat, busy burning Eurovine # 2 over the weekend, should be ready to go tomorrow.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

On its way to Operator!
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

iknowurider, this JGB sounds great (a nice Evangaline) and headin south in ur direction 2day.enjoy and thanx to u and all before and after u for keeping this vine alive! thanx to u oroboros for planing such a nice vine and sharing the music stay safe and feel good! >><<<< :>
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Don't read any further if you haven't received this vine and don't want to know what the bonus disc is!!!! Is this the vine that had a bonus disc labeled as 4/15/69? I think that the second half of the disc is indeed from that date (Dew, Hurts Me Too, China Cat > Rag) but the first half seems to me to be from 2/4/69 (Cryptical > Other >Alligator > Drums > Caution > Feedback). Same venue. Anyone else agree or disagree?
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I think so dstache, but I don't have all my paperwork and setlists here right now. There was another bonus disc, labeled 2/4/69. I need to compare them when I get home. Oroboros sent both of them out. As someone who grew up in the midwest it just amazes me that they played this venue twice in several months. How cool. If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. Wiliam Blake
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

thanks Hal! I'll pm Oroboros and see if I can get him to chime in.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Yes, I stuck in bonus discs on the Garcia '87 and I think in the Filmore East 9-20-70 show. They were both given to me by the same taper and were labeled as 2-5-69 & 4-15-69 at The Music Box, which was small venue (a couple hundred?) in downtown Omaha, Nebraska. I think that the Dead played there several times (and Robert Hunter played acoustic in the late '70s). The place was great, it was a small jazz/big band type venue with a bar. A high ceiling and wooden dance floor with a surrounding balcony, AND when you went through the bar you were in a bowling alley! When I went to The Music Box in the 80's to see Talking Heads, we walked in and saw David Byrne and Tina Weymouth bowling. It was hilarious. And I have always imagined Jerry and the boys rolling a couple (bowling balls, not,.. er, you know..) in that place. I didn't see those '69 shows (would have been 15 at that time) so I didn't know what I was missing at that time. But I did find out. So that is the story of those bonus Omaha discs. If I recall right, on one of them you can hear one of the band saying "where are we?" among other caustic comments about their breakneck touring through the midwest 'back in the daze".
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Deadbase does list 2-5-69 and 4-15-69 at The Music Box. Lucky for us, we are in the middle of everywhere and in those days I am sure the Dead were 'Truckin'' (not flying) and decided to bend (or rebend) some Omaha minds on their way back through town. What pranksters!
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Hey Now 143 245 Thanks so much! Got the discs today!! Will burn them shortly and send them off to Jolly Red Giant 54. These last 5 hours of work are going to crawl by PEACE
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Blasted off your way Jolley Red Giant 54 Really dig "It Hurts Me Too"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 French's Camp on Eel River Garberville, Ca. (3 discs)(source= soundboard> ? > WAV > CD) Keeping It Alive 1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) Anxious to get this!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

I have this in my hands and am looking to pass it on. Suppose maybe the vine stops here, if that's the case, Richard, I'll send it back to you. A great show and excellent bonus disc. Thanks, merry christmas!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Anybody else in need, I've been sitting on this for awhile now. Would love to pass it on. Cheers
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1. Richard2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

Jerry Garcia Band 8/29/87 1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

1. Richard2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris 17. Grateful Gooner cheers, chris! Patrick ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone..."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

1. Richard2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

1. Richard2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

1. Richard2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com) 20. Benny Jakes
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

1. Richard 2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com) 20. Benny Jakes 21. Toddsnc
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

1. Richard2.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com.] 3.DooDah Man (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 4.yamadog 5. brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 6. KJ7XJ 7. Hal R 8. kim (teenymonkey@hotmail.com) 9. dstache 10.operator 11. 143or245 (eiwpfrg@aol.com) stay safe and feel good! 12. iknowurider 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 15. srumble 16. reedchris 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com) 20. Benny Jakes 21. Toddsnc 22. Tommo ( tompen@earthlink.net ) I have this show on mp3, which I laboriously downloaded several years ago over dial-up, and it is fantastic- can't wait to replace my lossy copy ! By the way, my copy has "Spike Driver Blues" as Disc 1, Track 7, and is missing "Troubled in Mind" and "Ripple". Otherwise the same. -Tommo
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

this vine is stalled, please Row Timmy, PM me with your address and I will rip and burn a new copy of this vine to send out to get it started again. A month is quite a while to wait. Just let me know.
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

don't remember getting an address from Row Timmy...just shot him another pvt message today. no matter whom it is...will have it in the mail priority 2-3 day delivery tomorrow morning. forgive me...been insanely busy! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone..."
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

and pass this set along to chinacat503~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone..."
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

and let the person sign up again to get the vine. I also PMed Row Timmy after I posted and never heard from him, so I think that it is OK to go on to the next person. Row Timmy will jump back in when he is ready.
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

sent a pvt message 5 minutes agoto get an address...if they get to me in the next few hours, i will be able to get it out in the mail TODAY. peace. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone..."
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Sent her a message yesterday...still no answer.anyone happen to know her address? I can get this out today or should I skip her??? grazie. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone..."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Hi all. Apologies for stalling the vine. No excuses. Haven't been to the site in a while. I've sent my address to those who've asked - hope it's not too late. Again, apologies to all. Row Timmy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Shame on me. I'm shuffling, head down, to the end of the line. 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 20. Benny Jakes 21. toddsnc 22. Tommo 23. sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 24. UncleJon 25. Row Timmy
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

only saw JGB twice 9/15 and 9/16 1989 and loved it. Woild love to get this. 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 20. Benny Jakes 21. toddsnc 22. Tommo 23. sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 24. UncleJon 25. Row Timmy 26. Grateful Jeff If you get confused, listen to the music play!
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

it will be in the mail on Monday.rock on....Happy Passover to any of my fellow Jewish Deadheads on here. :) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone..."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

Someone just sent me this vine ,, i don`t recognize the return address and there is only a last name to go on ... and i don`t recall putting my name on this vine ,, .. and is this my copy ? Gratefulgooner did you send this to me ? well anyway ,, Thank you who ever you are ,,.. I`ll make copy`s so if anyone else wants it i`ll pass it along .. mysteries can be fun to figure out !! Thanx again !! peace to all !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

I have this one 17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 20. Benny Jakes 21. toddsnc 22. Tommo 23. sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 24. UncleJon 25. Row Timmy 26. Grateful Jeff 25. stuman anyone next ?
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Oroboros was kind enough to send this to me, and is just great! Everyone should take it! Is even making JGB converts out of a couple of my friends.********************************** Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you will still exist, but you have ceased to live. Samuel Clemens
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

I have this one17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 20. Benny Jakes 21. toddsnc 22. Tommo 23. sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 24. UncleJon 25. Row Timmy 26. Grateful Jeff 25. stuman 26. Dead in MA Thanks
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

I have this one17. Grateful Gooner 18. Row Timmy 19. chinacat503 20. Benny Jakes 21. toddsnc 22. Tommo 23. sakparadise (sal_paradise@live.com) 24. UncleJon 25. Row Timmy 26. Grateful Jeff 25. stuman 26. Dead in MA 27. ripple1974 Don't have any JGB shows so this will be a treat! Thanks for posting.
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Last I heard it was on it's way to Row Timmy who was #18. Stuman is #25, leaving 8 people (including me) skipped over. Chinacat and Sakparadise have been mia for quite a while now, leaving 6 people skipped. As far as I know, Beeny Jakes should be next in line.-Tommo
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

as # 18 and as #25. So maybe that's how so many people were skipped. Grateful Jeff is #26, and then Stuman posted as a second #25 after Grateful Jeff. I hope we can straighten tghis out somehow, because I've really been looking forward to this one ! I'm PM'ing Benny Jakes to see if he ever got it, because as far as I know, he should be next...-Tommo
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

this was one fun show. first of all it was in a beautiful setting!!! very hot day! crazy nugs!! lots of nakid folks!! plus it was a hog farm event! jerry was in a great mood. this was the first time since this group played at a thanksgiving party for the gd gang. i cant remember exactly when, but this dude next to me threw this bud onto the stage, yelling for jerry to pick it up. this was no reg bud.... this bud was the size of a corn cob!!! after much yelling for jer to pick it up. our hero steve parrish picked it up, and placed it on jerrys amp!! i still regret not taking a pic of that!! 1 acoustic set, then 2 electric sets!! it was a wonderful show!! we were a bit bummed because the next night jgb was playing the greek, and it was a good 6 7 hour drive. it was worth it since bonnie raitt jammed with jerry that night but thats another story.... enjoy!! peas bradleyg
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

Ok ,, I think row timmy sent this to me .. He pm`d me and said he`ll send me the May 77 , but he sent me this one by accident ( I think) .. And yes this is a very excelent show !! I absoloutley love this one !! Jerry sounds Grate ,, right on the notes man ,, Wow !! but this still leaves the question ,,,, who should I send this to next ? Oh and the (bonus disc) that come with this one is from the Music box , Omaha NE. and is only the first set and is very mixed-up .. I posted 25 because i had just received it ,originally my name was not on the list .. I`m happy to get it though !! But who should i send this to next ? people got skipped and there is people after me who want this ? oh what to do ??