• 4,725 replies
    marye
    By request, a gathering spot for Chicago-bound folks to connect and plan!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • jen_ni_fer

49 never married, optimistic, honest, and lighthearted female. No kids, std-free, pretty cute, I like to cook and eat. Never hard drugs, pescatarian, and animal lover. Toured 87 - 95 then, reggae fests, then bluegrass, then college. Currently interested in hiking wilderness areas or long trails, camping, biking, anything outdoors. No drainbows or drama. Also just looking for one great companion, I don’t believe in romance hooey. All good things in all good time.
    MinnesotaJenny@gmail.com

https://imgur.com/a/zy4jSqV

• mkav
    THIS is must see TV. Hope it's not a repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmBIgvOYfLw

if link doesn't work...google mary tyler moore scarlet begoniaa

• mkav
    For a real good site
  • ASL
    Certainly does sound intriguing...just a bit too pricey for me. Thanks, Marye, for the admin cleanup!
  • marye
    New bus is parked here: http://www.dead.net/forum/sunshine-daydreamers-keep-truckin
  • geomeister
    A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Please name the new thread, "Sunshine Daydreamers Keep on Truckin'" If you can include the last 3999 posts, that'd be swellll...just kidding, of course. But if you could include the last 17 (make that 20, see the above 3 hangers-on and ne'er do-wells) or so of the posts from #1, first above written going back to and including July 4th the Happy Anniversary one, that should give one and all some context, as that was the day 2 years ago, when we first met each other for real, where we broke bread and watermelons at the finest pizza pic-a-nic this side of the Rockies, and whence we collectively enjoyed a grand and magnificent band celebrating all good things. Thank Yew veddy much, Oh Kind One.
  • mkav
    any name is fine...just leave bread crumbs
  • tfonts
    We're very intrigued by the Playing in the Sand gig come February and will most likely pony-up. Spoke to a dude at CID today in Philly who's been at all the gigs there (D&C, DMB, etc...) and he said is simply knockout gorgeous and as intimate a live beach concert setting as you can imagine. Multiply that by three shows and "all-inclusive" amenities and the the money grab rolls-on... Anyone else contemplating?
  • _
    Default Avatar
    you can call me Al for all I care...just don't call me late for dinner. What geomeister says is just fine by me. Sorry Al.... say high to your horse.... :-)
  • _
    Default Avatar
    Adiós mis amigos..... We will get by, we will survive, just gotta give the old bus a new name.... Sarge, c'mon we gotta go..... Stay tuned....
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
By request, a gathering spot for Chicago-bound folks to connect and plan!
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

What an amazing, transcendent summer celebration. "Thank You!" to the entire band for getting out there once again and making the magic! And thanks to everyone who was there along the way (or streaming from afar) for sharing the vibe and spreading the kindness with all of us. Maybe another tour after the dust settles? . . . Hope so! Onward! . . . still miss Jerry.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

It was two years ago today that we all met up in Chicago for the FTW pic a nic, a lot has transpired since then. I would like to wish all th Daydreamers a Happy Independence Day and to once again thank Tony for brainstorming the idea. Without his hard work and vision it never would have been possible. I have made a number of good friends from that experience who have proven invaluable to me. We have toured together, vacationed together and grow together. Thanks to all who have contributed here, made me think, made me laugh and helped me change as a person. You know who you are. Life goes by oh so quickly, let's not waste a minute of it. Carpe Diem... https://youtu.be/_Mnw9uiYggU
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

"Here's to You, and You, and You"! Happy 2nd birthday. more inna bit, stay tuned. geoit's theterribletwosyaaaymeister
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Amazing how the time does fly, huh?? And actually, it's even longer than that given all the pre-FTW planning, logistics, ticket heartburn and spreadsheets we went through. Spreadsheets? OMG, what was I thinking...lol. I could never find the time now to do that over again - seems to be the planets and orbits aligned just right, forming that time vacancy to execute on a plan - and that we did SD'ers!! I have zero intel to confirm this, but I have a really good gut feeling that D&C are not done. I think the music will continue for at least one more tour - who knows, maybe more. Maybe they'll even play in this little state called FLORIDA one day...lol. My only regret, with three consecutive summers of the music, is not taking either of my kids to a show. Many of you have shared the experience with your kids - that is so, so awesome and without question, the #1 item on my bucket-list. Peace, love and HAPPY 4th to all!!
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

Happy Independence Day to all the lovely Daydreamers everywhere! Glad to have met you all at the Pic a Nic a whole two years ago...and what a fine day it was...the sun was shining and the breeze was blowin', smiling faces all around. I don't think any of us could have imagined that day what a tight band would come out of the remaining crew of Dead members after FTW. I am Grateful Indeed. Here's to many more years of friendship and fun times with fine tunes...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

Heard an interview with Bob from backstage after 7/1/17, he was quite pleased with the tour and proud of the bands maturity. With that said, he does not want this to become stale, Oteil has a gig he's getting ready to embark on, Chimenti is going on tour with Kimock, Bob is going back to the range and play Cowboy for a few months, Lil John is getting his inner rock idol dream fulfilled and Mickey has a new LP and band with a fall tour. I am sure this Mayer n Sons gig is not over, but we have to be patient and thankful for the musical gifts they have brought us. Regarding kids, back in the day I took both of my girls to Dead shows, got Scotty on board with Ratdog in 2010 and he and his girl have been in search of the grail ever since. Dead shows are very inclusive and family friendly always have been. Take your boys Tony if you can, the bond that this music brings to us can not be broken. Have a blessed fourth and may Gob be with us all ;-)
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

...you can't un-see it. It's called the light. and it focused on a small patch of green in the Windy City 2 years ago. Two years, seems like only one fifth of a decade, a tenth score; only yesterday. Sometimes that light is all shining on you, sometimes you can hardly see. Sometimes that light's a bolt, sometimes it's at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it's a house, sometimes an inquisition. Sometimes it's a bulb that goes off. Sometimes it's just not heavy. May that light which helped us all get together 2 years ago continue to shine on you, light your path and chase away the darkness. May it provide warmth when you are cold, and direction when you are lost. And may it clearly mark the intersection whence our paths cross once again. Cause i ain't never had so much fun couch touring, jumping on ba dus, enjoying donuts, no duts and snot duds, reminiscing, sharing stories, enjoying Oteil, marveling at Checkers, nodding knowingly at Bobby, dancin' at drums, gasping at Jeff, planning adventures, being surprised and feeling like i belonged to something priceless practically never like this since we first left home. Who are the grateful daydreamers and why do they keep following me/us? Thanks Daydreamers. Happy Birthday indeed! Love and hugs from the Hills of North Texas and Happy Birthday to all of us, you, your family and the horse, camel, terrapin, pup, cat and/or psychedelic squirrel you rode in on or with.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Well said, as usual, Geo. Got the post-tour blues these last couple of days. But still so very grateful for the bond we've formed - and for this music and band. Two years has gone by SO FAST!! What an amazing time it was - and the last two summers, too! Thanks, rrrrrGrrrrr for the shares... Onward for sure! I know our paths are destined to cross again.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Looks like the game is afoot... https://www.deadandcompany.com/ which, for those who are click on link disadvantaged, is Feb 15-18, 2018 four shows in scenic Riviera Maya, Mexico. Which begs the question, why cant you starve at da beach?...because of all the sand-which-is-there.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

I will pass, 5 days, 4 grand per person? Excluding airfare...from here, for 2 people that's 10 grand.... Best wishes to all with lax work schedules and deep pockets... Plus consider Montezumas revenge...deal breaker....
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

It seems a shame, but I am best to sit this one out.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

went to riv. maya years ago on vacation...beautiful place even without D&C, but gotta pass
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Al knows how the song goes, So, grab that lyrical bag of gold, and hightail it down to Mexico.... Cause it'll take a boatload of coin to pull off this one, friends. Note: No Uncles were hurt in the posting of this message.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I don't want to cause this thread to lose momentum, but it is now over 4K posts long, which is a bit unwieldy. I can start a new one, just give me a name for it... Thanks!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

Adiós mis amigos..... We will get by, we will survive, just gotta give the old bus a new name.... Sarge, c'mon we gotta go..... Stay tuned....
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Please name the new thread, "Sunshine Daydreamers Keep on Truckin'" If you can include the last 3999 posts, that'd be swellll...just kidding, of course. But if you could include the last 17 (make that 20, see the above 3 hangers-on and ne'er do-wells) or so of the posts from #1, first above written going back to and including July 4th the Happy Anniversary one, that should give one and all some context, as that was the day 2 years ago, when we first met each other for real, where we broke bread and watermelons at the finest pizza pic-a-nic this side of the Rockies, and whence we collectively enjoyed a grand and magnificent band celebrating all good things. Thank Yew veddy much, Oh Kind One.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

you can call me Al for all I care...just don't call me late for dinner. What geomeister says is just fine by me. Sorry Al.... say high to your horse.... :-)
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

We're very intrigued by the Playing in the Sand gig come February and will most likely pony-up. Spoke to a dude at CID today in Philly who's been at all the gigs there (D&C, DMB, etc...) and he said is simply knockout gorgeous and as intimate a live beach concert setting as you can imagine. Multiply that by three shows and "all-inclusive" amenities and the the money grab rolls-on... Anyone else contemplating?
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Certainly does sound intriguing...just a bit too pricey for me. Thanks, Marye, for the admin cleanup!
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

For a real good site
user picture

Member for

4 years 3 months

49 never married, optimistic, honest, and lighthearted female. No kids, std-free, pretty cute, I like to cook and eat. Never hard drugs, pescatarian, and animal lover. Toured 87 - 95 then, reggae fests, then bluegrass, then college. Currently interested in hiking wilderness areas or long trails, camping, biking, anything outdoors. No drainbows or drama. Also just looking for one great companion, I don’t believe in romance hooey. All good things in all good time.
MinnesotaJenny@gmail.com

https://imgur.com/a/zy4jSqV