Grateful Dead

Stache Rides 1978 Vine

started by dstache

Here is a two show offering from 1978. Popular opinion is harsh on 1978. While I agree that there are some bad shows in 1978, and even more average ones, I think that all in all, and especially in comparison with any year after, it is pretty good. There are a bunch of very good to great shows (1/10, 1/11, 1/22, 1/31, 2/3, 2/5, 4/16 ...). Well, here are two more, 4/11 and 12/28.

Both are high energy shows and A SBDs. I rate 4/11 as a VERY GOOD show, tied with 4/22 and second only to 4/16 as the best of the 7 April '78 shows that I have. 4/11 Highlights include (a) a mid-first-set Tennessee Jed (generally one of my LEAST favorite Garcia songs), (b) a set-ending Deal, (c) Jerry HIMSELF announcing the set break, (d) a hot Fire out of a solid Scarlet, and (e) a great Iko (again, not a favorite song of mine) out of drums.

12/28 is a GREAT show. Highlights include (a) a first-set-opening Sugaree, (b) another hot Jed, (c) a MONSTER set-closing Supplication, (d) Eyes of the World and (e) a great Truckin' out of drums (another song that isn't at the top of my list).

These are WAV CDs, six in total.

Look for a 1977 version of 'Stache Rides soon :)

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
dstache's picture
update

Hal probably has it. He has an illness in the family so just give him some more time.

??

has it gone amissin now?

caroline

iknowurider's picture
That I DO!!

On the way to HalR tomorrow! Sorry folks, tournament time here.

PEACE
rider

dstache's picture
WTF?!!?!?!

Missing, already? Contact Rider and see if she got it.

Deadicated's picture
Stache Rides 1978 Vine

I believe this one's gone amissin' (I should talk!)

" ... uh, and this one rose straight to the top of the charts in Turlock, California ... "

list update

1.JackstrawfromColorado
2. iknowurider
3. Hal R
4. Nirdsong1969nj
5. MarkintheDark
6. That Nice Hippy Guy
7. brewster boy
8. Deadicated - thanks, dstache
9. caroline
10. Unclejon
11. Exploratory Data Analysis
12. sak paradise

JackstrawfromColorado's picture
Sorry for the delay folks

It took like 10 days to get here .. we've been a little snowed under lately. But it is in the mail today to iknowurider.

I must agree with dstache, these shows are schhhmoookin! I absolutely love the 4/11 show. Thanks again dstache!

"When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"

JackstrawfromColorado's picture
I have this vine

Will turn it around in no time. Heads up Iknowurider this will be heading your way soon.

"When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"

Exploratory Data Analysis Dead's picture
Thanks

1.JackstrawfromColorado
2. iknowurider
3. Hal R
4. Nirdsong1969nj
5. MarkintheDark
6. That Nice Hippy Guy
7. brewster boy
8. Deadicated - thanks, dstache
9. caroline
10. Unclejon
11. Exploratory Data Analysis

dstache's picture
update

Out tomorrow to JackStrawfromColorado. Enjoy!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Stache Rides 1978 Vine