Grateful Dead

Summer Fests 2010--Furthur and Beyond

By request--a place to talk about our plans to hit the road and pitch the tent in the quest for great tunes.

Furthur's playing a lot of fests this year, and so are lots of other bands and artists we know and love. Talk about it all here, as Furthur Fest is just around the corner!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Further in SF at GG Park?

Recently read some scuttlebutt bout Further playing Outside Lands, any truth to the rumor?

marye's picture
guys

we've had a couple of healthy downpours in Oakland today and it looks like another one coming in. I think the weather forecasts are still for sun at the fest site this weekend, but in view of the fact that the ski resorts are offering Memorial Day ski packages and this is, um, unusual hereabouts, I would recommend coming prepared in case the whole thing really does turn into Woodstock, mud and all.

Canyon Critter's picture
Just got off the phone with Stella Blue

She's flying in with Mr. Stella, and Stella Jr. and said she's gonna try and make it to the bonfire too ;-)

I can't wait to see you all!

Canyon Critter's picture
Bonfire Meeting!

Meet at the Bonfire!

Great idea GCers! I know I'll be meeting up with alot here before hand, but there is little cell phone access if any. I'll try and check dead.net if I get the chance to hang out at one of the hotellers places and get wifi.

But for now, look for this Mushroom shirt and my name is Scotty (Canyon Critter), I'll be wearing that evening from Twirlingirl's making, Southern Twirl Tie Dyes.

SouthernTwirl Mushroom

Gypsy Cowgirl's picture
Roll Call-what about meeting @ the bonfire Fri.nite?

1. Canyon Critter and Friends
2. Cassidy11
3. Bdog
4. Alaskahead, daughter & her friend
5. Playdead
6.Gr8tfulBrad
7. khataroo
8.Alias
9. Rip
10. Spaceystacey & Heady Hubby
11. eltortugatranquilo
12. deadheadland
13. GC
14. Stella Blue
http://www.furthurfestival.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59

marye's picture
sounds like

miracles might be in short supply for that one. Sure sounds fun though.

Canyon Critter's picture
Bit of Info on Futhurmore~Monday

I contacted through email on how to get tickets and there is an automated response telling us there are 3 ways to get tickets 1. online 2. mail order (over) 3. go to sebastopol and get em.

But I asked the question:
Question...Can you get tickets @ the door there? or do you have to drive all the way to sebastapol? or get them online?

and got this response:
If there's any left at the door u can get them there.
But there is s strict limit to the number of people that can fit in the concert bowl on the island.
Tix are online and will b avail at furthur this weekend at the furthur bus.
Thx

So the Pranksters and the Furthur Bus will be there selling tickets, but it's a small place they are playing so who knows when they'll sell out.

Here's the website
http://mightyswellproductions.com/

Canyon Critter's picture
List So Far and Furthurmore

started by Canyon Critter
I think we should make a list of who's going to this festival ROLL CALL....and maybe we can all meet up when we're there.

1. Canyon Critter and Freinds
2. Cassidy11
3. Bdog
5. Playdead
6.Gr8tfulBrad
7. khataroo
8.Alias
9. Rip
10. Spaceystacey & Heady Hubby
11. eltortugatranquilo
12. deadheadland

Welcome eltortugatranquilo! have fun on the greyhoud, I was mention this on the other thread but Billy Kreutmann and the 7 Walkers are having an after show too on Monday in Tuolomne.
Here's the info...

Furthurmore

Also, check the ride board on the forums if you need a ride, I'm flying in so I won't have a car, but I'm sure we can find you one over there.

It's $79 (A bit outragous for 1 night IMHO) but should be well worth it.

spaceystacey's picture
started by Canyon Critter I

I think we should make a list of who's going to this festival ROLL CALL....and maybe we can all meet up when we're there.

2. Cassidy11
3. Bdog
5. Playdead
6.Gr8tfulBrad
7.Spaceystacey & Heady Hubby

spaceystacey's picture
Further

2. Cassidy11
3. Bdog
5. Playdead
6.Gr8tfulBrad
7.swheeler& Heady Hubby

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Summer Fests 2010--Furthur and Beyond