The background: This has been a Well tradition for some years now. The files were first compiled by former Well user Dave Blount, who turned his set of 366 files over to me when he left there. I post this list each morning, and it always generates a lot of talk. And sometimes we tell each other the same stories year after year...
Set highlights and adjectives always up for debate - some are my highlights, some are Dave's, some are gleaned from other Well posts.
Today is June 12. On this date in Deadhead history:
- In 1967, the Grateful Dead played the Cheetah in New York City.
- In 1970, the Grateful Dead played the Red Vest in Honolulu.
- In 1976, the Grateful Dead played a great show at the Boston Music Hall in Boston, MA. The Dancin>Around>Sugar Mag>US Blues>SSDD is excellent.
- In 1980, the Grateful Dead played the Portland Memorial Coliseum in Portland, OR.
- In 1984, the Grateful Dead played Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO.
- In 1987, the Grateful Dead played the County Fairgrounds in Ventura, CA.
- In 1991, the Grateful Dead played the Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, NC.
- In 1992, the Grateful Dead played the Knickerbocker Arena in Albany, NY.