I'm making a little pilgrimage to the city for the 40 th anniversary of summer of love. We had our 6th grade graduation from a Sacramento school in the summer of ' 67 and we bussed in for the day,let off the bus and told to be back at 6:00 . WOW Anyway I would like to know if the house where group was photographed is still standing and what is the address? Thanx so much!!!
Hey man...this list is the schizzle! Aud in 'da house! I was totally there for both Albany shows...got turned onto Samuel Adams Triple Bock, in the lot....June 11th - killer Dire>BIODTL>Loose Lucy !! Great Foolish Heart set 2 opener...and the Quinn encore - woo hoo! My only issue was a tepid Bertha, my all time fave GD tune....June 12 - most excellent Sppedway>Jet first set closer to blow the roof off 'da suckah! 2nd set was smokin' all the way...Scarlet/Fire> Way to go Home>Truckin'>Smokestack>d/s>Lat Time.China Doll.Sugar Mag/SSDD...Attics encore -tuck us in -please leave our capital now, freaks! wooooo! Keep' the hits coming, Aud...
The background: This has been a Well tradition for some years now. The files were first compiled by former Well user Dave Blount, who turned his set of 366 files over to me when he left there. I post this list each morning, and it always generates a lot of talk. And sometimes we tell each other the same stories year after year...
Set highlights and adjectives always up for debate - some are my highlights, some are Dave's, some are gleaned from other Well posts.
Today is June 12. On this date in Deadhead history:
- In 1967, the Grateful Dead played the Cheetah in New York City.
- In 1970, the Grateful Dead played the Red Vest in Honolulu.
- In 1976, the Grateful Dead played a great show at the Boston Music Hall in Boston, MA. The Dancin>Around>Sugar Mag>US Blues>SSDD is excellent.
- In 1980, the Grateful Dead played the Portland Memorial Coliseum in Portland, OR.
- In 1984, the Grateful Dead played Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO.
- In 1987, the Grateful Dead played the County Fairgrounds in Ventura, CA.
- In 1991, the Grateful Dead played the Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, NC.
- In 1992, the Grateful Dead played the Knickerbocker Arena in Albany, NY.