Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
marye's picture
we have had

a fair amount of that nonsense here in Oakland alas. So sorry to see this happening to the folks in London. I remember helpful folks giving me directions when I got lost in that neighborhood 40 years ago.

TigerLilly's picture
My FB Man on the Scene

Angus just posted this "Seems like parts of London are going in to lockdown. Had a couple of friends contact me now saying they've been advised to close shop and go home :("

How very sad and scary!
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

TigerLilly's picture
riggsjr

On that one I agree 1,000%! I think that looting and vandalizing undermine the purpose of a demonstration, which is what it seems like happened in this case.
Oscar Wilde

looting

On a serious note what has the looting and burning of shops got to do with the original incident. Must be getting old but don't see how this type of behaviour helps anyone and only affects the very community that you live in.

TigerLilly's picture
saw that

about London Burning riggsjr. was on our news last night! :(
Oscar Wilde

jonapi (not verified)
deep fried curly-wurly; now that's ART!

Ha ha!
Like that classic Frankie joke about a guy who asks for a lager and lime in a pub in Bathgate.
The barman replies: "We dont do coctails...".

The Clash!

I thought it was 2011 but apparently "London's Burning " is making a comeback!!!!

I heard that too......

Although unfortunately they couldn't understand the concept of deep fried mars bars! However the rations of Irn Bru made it safely through but is being held by the Soda Barons who are demanding a "tax " to let it be distributed to the populace.
A spokesman for the intended recipients was quoted as saying "Haw whit's the problem Big Man?"

jonapi (not verified)
i miss Chic Murray; a childhood favourite.

How many times did i tell you NOT to enlarge that catflap? Am i talking to myself here?
Christ, riggsjr, i'm reaching my boiling point; okay okay, the heroin will have to suffice.

By the way, is it true that the people in Ethiopia recently held a concert to raise money for the citizens of Glasgow?......

I accept graciously

jonapi
I accept your invite to be "Chief Jobbie Weecha" of the Clan Dead. Although I do not feel worthy of the honour after my recent misdemeanours I will attempt to carry out my duties with the utmost humility and grace. Now where did I put those 'doggie bags'?
p.s. Sorry the Haggis escaped at the weekend and we are presently searching the local moors looking for a replacement.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events