Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

United States
Am I mistaken?

Is this Jerry"s birthday today? August 1st? And yeah, the Powers That Be weren't going to let the football season die. Too much money lost and too much angst created in places with nothing to do but watch football all winter.

JackstrawfromColorado's picture

Locations

CO
United States
It's time for Boston

Pro sports to go on a serious downward slide. Spread the wealth (literally) a bit..

"It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"

gratefaldean's picture

Locations

United States
The player formerly known as

Chad Johnson. Yeah, I can't spell his name either. If the Patriot mindset clicks with Haynesworth and him, the Pats do look good for the season. The organization has a way locking in that team-first thing, we'll see if works with these two guys. And they both can see what happened when Randy Moss started to revert to his old me-first ways...

lamagonzo (not verified)
Debt Ceiling

Ohhh boy, they settled. Purportedly the compromise is:
Raise the debt ceiling 2.7 trillion
No new taxes (Eat the rich!!!!)
A bi-partisan committee to cut 2.7 trillion, with a straight up or down vote required.
This seems to bypass a provision that IF they can't agree on cuts then 2.7 trillion comes 50% from Medicare, 50% from the military.

IT WAS, as I warned long ago, the Tea Party freshman in Congress who totally blew this discussion up. They went to Washington and didn't care if they were one termers and couldn't be bought by pork. I think Jim Boehner (Speaker) got told "Fuck You" in private meetings quite a bit by these folks in the last two weeks.

~ Burning down the house! ~
(I love it)

Gr8fulTed's picture

Leawood, KS 66224
United States
38° 51' 52.7544" N, 94° 38' 4.9344" W
Pats look good

New England picked up Albert Haynesworth? What kinds shape is Brady in? I see the Colts threw 90 million bucks at Peyton....

lamagonzo (not verified)
Patriot trades

If Ochosinko (I can't spell) stays on the straight and narrow I see another Pats superbowl next February. No team ever thought the strike wouldn't be settled.

Gr8fulTed's picture

Leawood, KS 66224
United States
38° 51' 52.7544" N, 94° 38' 4.9344" W
The crisis is over !!

That's right folks, we'll be watching pro football before you know it! The lock-out is over and teams are scrambling to sign free agents. Word has it Johnman may be a walk-on for the Seahawks, as QB Matt Hasselbeck has flown off elsewhere. Or did he retire?
Meanwhile in Washington, D.C. (Dysfunctional Congress), compromising minds have developed a proposal to cut spending, keep the wealthy from paying more taxes, and allowing President Obama to skate through the next election without micro-managing another debt ceiling situation.
Before we cut the cake and eat it, i believe it still has to be voted upon in both the Senate and the House: Tea-party folks may through a left-handed monkey wrench into the gears of progress?

jonapi (not verified)
where is it? disappeared when the tide receded, i hear...

Did you mean the Red Cross? that profit making, lamentable, greedy, distorted sinner of a "charity"?
We'll sell arms; good for a couple nickels, but wait, cloaking ourselves in another guise is way more profitable. There's some wonderful, compassionate, selfless, hardworking ladies and gentleman working for them, but avoid like the plague, people. Do not give any money to these crooks. Chuck it into the nearest black hole instead; same result but at least your conscience will be cleaner.

Haiti? Japan? to name but deux? yeah, thanks guys. thanks a lot.

lamagonzo (not verified)
Norwegian Bomber is a Templar Knight?

Fabulous, just fabulous. What started in the 12th century as a papal guard for Christian pilgrims has been adopted by this nut job to repel Islamic invaders to Europe who may make it to 7% of Europe's population by 2020.

The Knights Templar were disbanded in the 13th century, but the remnants purportedly became bankers.

More fabulous? There may be other nut jobs who wield the shield with the red cross in Europe.

~ I hold the carrion crow. Bow and bend to me. ~
(Mountains of the Moon

lamagonzo (not verified)
Good News!

Even through our collective karma everything is going to hell in a bucket,
You can choose to ignore it all and free your mind instead.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events