Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
johnman's picture
Badger

are you reading Gengis Khan: Life, death, and resurrection?....published in 2005?

johnman's picture
What??!?

I never said anything of the sort....you keep posting, you badger, you...where would you get that idea??

cosmicbadger's picture
Back to the 12th century

Some kind of time warp here, but what the heck.

John Man informs me that one of Genghis Khan's greatest military victories was ...wait for it..

The Battle of Badger's Mouth!!

Mrs Badger would also consider this a great victory if the outcome would be that Badger's Mouth was shut once in a while.

and Gr8ful Ted..that ABB benefit show was fantastic wasn't it? I just got an aud of it.

OK back to the depressing news

lamagonzo (not verified)
"that's it lads save the Empire and give it large to the darkies

Welcome to our little corner RiggsJr.. Please feel free to come and give us your rants, despite the wife's admonishment.

We all don't agree but I'm on your page!

johnman's picture
What if it's spelled

knotty?....HA!!....Yek ek ek ek ek ek ek...(Popeye laugh)

TigerLilly's picture
naughty??

nah! not at all!
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

OUCH!!

Wife just slapped me on the head and said I was a very naughty boy and don't annoy these people again

Petrol £6.02 per gallon

Petrol £6.02 per gallon (never mind the sodding litres) or $9.27 in colonial coinage
Gas increased by 21% (as in heating not petrol, never understood the colonials idea that petrol is gas , but I digress)
Electricity increased by 16%
Food prices rising more than 5%
BP make $8 million dollars in a quarter
Centrica make £1.53 BILLION (they sell us the gas, no not the stuff for cars!!)
BSKYB profits £1 BILLION for making crap television!!!
Interest on my hard earned cash 0.48%..............................and we're all in this together, yeah sure!
The public are being screwed and not in a nice way, from every angle and the fat cats get fatter and fatter and no one seems to be able to do anything about it.
Footballers getting £200,000 a week, shit it's supposed to be entertainment, I can't afford to renew my season ticket for the first time in many years and these guys wages are going up! Something wrong somewhere.
But we're all in it together.
Health Boards making waiting lists longer in the hoe that you will die or go private before you need your operation, when the only people who can afford to go private are the very ones running the health service.
But we're all in this together.
50,000+ jobs lost in the Defence Department but we are still trying to police the whole world, "that's it lads save the Empire and give it large to the darkies!!"
Police forces being cut, coastguard stations closing, RAF bases closing, shops closing by the hundreds.
But we're all in this together.
Well sod it I'm off to bed and I'm never getting up again.................................well not until next week when the new Road Trips arrives, then life will be back to normal.

TigerLilly's picture
Am rabidly anti-Ronaldo

:) he makes me wanna spit! But am very emotional in general about my soccer likes and dislikes. It's more fun that way!
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

jonapi (not verified)
cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Good old Ranaldo!
One of the funniest things i saw was a member of the crowd shining a laser over his face and in his eyes before a free kick; he then proceeded to fluff the shot and damned near welled up with baby tears!!! Most amusing.
Amazing talent though. Never a fan but ya just can't argue with his skill.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events