Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
lamagonzo (not verified)
US VS WORLD DEBT

Us Fed Debt -- 14.4 trillion
Italian Fed Debt 1.6 trillion

The wealthy European Union members are going bonkers over Greece (write-off) Spain, Portugal & Italy.

Americans are going bonkers over 14.4 trillion of debt, not to mention the Chinese who own about 22% of that debt. We are not "too big to fail." Our credit rate will be lowered and China will become the new reserve currency, thus taking over the world without firing a shot or wasting a bit of resources.

Take a look at the table for US Fed & State Debt for 2016:

Fiscal Year 2016 in $ billion
Change

(2) FEDGov. Xfers
(3) State
(3) Local
(3) Total charts
[+] Pensions 1,007.8
[+] Health Care 1,233.0
[+] Education 128.7
[+] Defense 901.8
[+] Welfare 380.3
[+] Protection 60.6
[+] Transportation 117.6
[+] General Government 34.7
[+] Other Spending 41.0
[+] Interest 562.2
[+] Balance 0.0 -0.
[+] Total Spending 4,467.8
[+] Federal Deficit 648.7
[+] Gross Public Debt 20,825.0

So, if you took in Monthly
$20,285
Plus borrowed $648.70
With interest of $562.20 -- that would mean you earned $20,285 last month
And you spent $2149.59. After a while of that some sherriffs with guns come and throw you, your wife and kids and things in the street and take your house.

Not Me!!!

Fuck the Tea Party
Eat The Rich Before they eat us!

cosmicbadger's picture
rain rain

It's hammering down here today..not much fun watching the Tour in a deluge so I may give it a miss. The riders will appreciate the cool weather, but not the bad roads of the Tarn in the wind and wet, as well as some very tricky descents. Hope they stay safe.

TigerLilly's picture
and

Najac- the city on a ridge! OK memory lane done now :)
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

TigerLilly's picture
also remember

the bell tower and the fois gras! :)
Oscar Wilde

TigerLilly's picture
Cordes

I remember walking the lonely road to Cordes, bright and early on a Sunday morning, CB! :)
Oscar Wilde

jonapi (not verified)
whoa

Looked like the car was on the verge and swerved to avoid the tree; i guess one of those split-second reactions but unbelievable to forget the three cyclists next to him!! Why on earth are that many cars behind them anyways?!!

Did you see that documentary, cosmicbadger, called "Death On The Mountain: The Story Of Tom Simpson" last year? Pretty interesting.
My cousin just recently cycled up Mount Ventoux; quite a journey.

cosmicbadger's picture
le tour

it was a TV car..it was horrfic watching that cyclist get catapulted into barbed wire. But both victims got back on their bikes and finished the race.

They are coming our way on Wednesday, through Cordes sur Ciel (remember that TL?)

Gr8fulTed's picture
tough day on the road to St Flour

Vinokourov woke up in Paris this morning w a fractured thigh bone. The Alfa Romeo that swerved and slammed 2 riders off to their right may have been looking to avoid a big tree on the road's left shoulder: the driver got booted from Le Tour. It may have been a team car for Voeckler.

lamagonzo (not verified)
As a Buddhist I can say...

karma cuts like a razor blade, bad or good. And Mary, living in in the country that has the most incarcerated, perhaps letting 9999 guilty go free than have one innocent convicted is the better answer, but I do think that would change my view on gun control.

A bolt of lightning hit the tree, next to where Caylee Anthony's body was found, yesterday. I guess some higher powers checked in. Or it's all coincidence.

TigerLilly's picture
Tour de France news

A French tv car took out two competitors in the Tour de France yesterday. Knocked them out of the race (German news said one with head injuries, internet article research says he landed naked in barbed wire). How ridiculous!
Oscar Wilde

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events