Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
cosmicbadger's picture
and one more thing

If you are looking for conspiracy theories why not ask how much DSK is paying her or various witnesses to sabotage her case?

Personally I do not believe in conspiracy theories..they are all just a plot by the government.;-)

cosmicbadger's picture
Victim or the crime?

It is an undisputed fact that something very sordid did go on in that hotel room that should not have happened. It may have been wrong to pass judgement on DSK so quickly, but that is no reason instantly to vilify orhis accuser, who has also had her life dissected by the press and highly paid lawyers.

Is this woman not to be believed because she has told lies in the past? Which of us would stand up that kind of scrutiny? Is she not to be believed because she changed her story, having been so suddenly thrust into the spotlight and subject to intense questioning? How do we know how we would react? Is she not to believed because she made some bad decisions in the hour after she said she was attacked? Which of us could think straight after such an ordeal? Is she not to be believed because she has a sexual history? Hmmm. The Bible also says some silly stuff about those without sin casting the first stones. It looks like DSK may get off the hook on this, but that is no reason to assume he is innocent in this matter. Destroying the character of rape victims is the classic way to get off, especially if you have an unlimited budget for investigating the accuser. . No wonder so many women do not report this crime. In the USA 1 in 6 women have been subject to rape or serious sexual assault 55% of cases are reported to Law enforcement authorities (in the UK the figure is shockingly less than 25%!) Between 2% and 8% of reported accusations are thought to be false The conviction rate of accused rapists is around 20% Go figure!

TigerLilly's picture
it ain't so

but I do enjoy a factual debate, almost as much as being omniscient (sp??) ********************************** I am not young enough to know everything. Oscar Wilde

gratefaldean's picture
Just when

You have me believing in your omniscience, now you're going to punk out on me? Say it ain't so!

TigerLilly's picture
never doubting me

is more far-fetched than my Strauss Kahn conspiracy theory! ;-) ********************************** I am not young enough to know everything. Oscar Wilde

gratefaldean's picture
If you get arrested

You must be guilty. Isn't that the way it works? That does scare the crap out of me, having had a couple of close calls in that department, having also been innocent of the charges. Worst, being dragged into a police station for armed robbery, having been identified by the victim when I walked through the door. He later realized that I was much too short to have been the perp (first time in my life that I was ever thankful for being below average height, and here y'all probably were thinking that I'm 6 ft something).

Given that false IDs can even happen to a skinny short white kid from the burbs like me, I'm usually skeptical about eyewitness testimony, especially in high-stress situations...which is to say, most violent crimes.

Still, Ms Lilly, your conspiracy theory DID seem a little movie-ish far-fetched at the time. Rest assured, I'll never, ever doubt you again ;)

TigerLilly's picture
johnman

then we'd think we live in heaven! ********************************** I am not young enough to know everything. Oscar Wilde

johnman's picture
Wouldn't it be funny.....

if everyone lived by some of the ideals that are found in the Bible...ya know, love thy neighbor, love your enemies, turn the other cheek...all that silly, ridiculous stuff....

TigerLilly's picture
AMEN

Piddles! Believe what you want about SK-but never forget that he has lost his carreer, been tried and slain in the media-BEFORE there has been any legal trial. I always was taught that is wrong! ********************************** I am not young enough to know everything. Oscar Wilde

Mr. Pid's picture
Perhaps

If people weren't so ready to buy into character assassination without first doing a little due diligence on the assassin's character the world might be a less hostile place.

Conversation is always more interesting than recitation, so speak your mind and not someone else's.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events