Grateful Dead

1296 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
marye's picture
well

what they were saying on the news was that short term Germany was going to make up the shortfall by getting power from neighbors with nukes.

Gr8fulTed's picture
Electricity cost

Wonder what electric bills will look like when Germany shuts down the reactors? Blackouts may be a reality when wind farms and solar panels don't keep up with demand. Guess that leaves coal, crude oil (cough, cough) and natural gas. How neighborly will Russia be?
"Not so fast, my friend ", as Lee Corso likes to say on Gameday

lamagonzo (not verified)
No nukes in Germany

That is great. We are shutting the last nuke down in Vermont but they took so damn long they had to scramble to find cheap alternative sources. Guess which one of the sources will be continued? About 30% of cheap nuclear power from the Seabrook nuclear power plant.

Unbelievable NIMBYs and opportunists. The governor of VT says today "All I know is that it's there and we need it. I'm not involved in the carbon footprint debate (& waste).

Shame on the governor and the rest of em' who voted for it. Japan proves their is nothing safe by design. Certainly not a nuke within sight of Hampron Beach, NH.

We should give him a used fuel rod for his birthday (a cask rather than a keg).

marye's picture
and probably

good umbrellas to the folks at Shoreline. They keep predicting big storms. Speaking of trouble ahead, trouble behind...

gratefaldean's picture
I just want to try

The hallucinogenic cell phones that I THOUGHT I was reading about when I saw the word "carcinogenic."

With seemingly the entire world constantly listening to, staring at, or tapping on those little electronic gizmos, if you step back and take a look at it happening all around you (real obvious in crowds), it feels to me -- if not hallucinogenic -- at least a tad on the surreal side. Drop an early 20th-century person into our midst, I'd guess that this one bit of tech and the type of activity that it generates would be one of the most difficult for that person time traveling from 1911 to parse.

Or maybe I just need a Stanley cuppa beer...sure has been a week worthy of it. Happy Friday, folks!

johnman's picture
Maybe we can drown

our nuclear powered cellphones in a Stanley Cup fulla beer......shake it!!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind: Still More Current Events