• 164 replies
    marye
    started by richard

This vine is from a great 3-night stand at the Uptown Theater in Chicago IL; February 26-28, 1981. The band was on fire and the playing was fierce. The source for all three shows is SBD/AUD matrix. These were mixed by C. Chappell and I think he did an outstanding job. For the curious minded among you, I am also including the straight soundboard from 2/26 so you can compare the difference between a Matrix and a soundboard.
    The package will include a data DVD with all shows in digital lossless format plus audio CD’s for the conversion impaired.

First person on the list, PM me with an addy.

Grateful Dead
    Uptown Theater; Chicago, IL
    2-26-81
    Set 1:
    d1t01 - Feel Like A Stranger
    d1t02 - Althea >
    d1t03 - Little Red Rooster
    d1t04 - Bird Song
    d1t05 - Me And My Uncle >
    d1t06 - Big River
    d1t07 - Peggy-O
    d1t08 - Passenger
    d1t09 - Tennessee Jed
    d1t10 - The M

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    43. zepthompson >> IN 6/23 44. JohnRParker5 OUT 7/21/11 45. iGrateful 46. Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Thanks Zep, got this one today. Will send to iGrateful soon if he/she send me an address. JP Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • zepthompson
    43. zepthompson >> IN 6/23 >> 7/1444. JohnRParker5 45. 46.
  • zepthompson
    not sure how active iG is right now 43. zepthompson >> IN 6/23 44. iGrateful 45. JohnRParker5 ??? 46.
  • JohnRParker5
    Default Avatar
    Sorry all, was out of touch for a bit but I'm back. Don't want to take anybody's spot in line, so I will PM iGrateful with my address. Really looking forward to this. I grew up in Chicago and back in the day the Uptown was a great place to see a show. peace/out JP Nothing left to do but smile smile smile...
  • JackstrawfromC…
    42. ADAWGWYO IN 6/17 OUT 6/2043. zepthompson 44. iGrateful 45. JohnRParker5 ??? 46. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • ADAWGWYO
    41. sportzfreak260 in 6/13 out 6/1542. ADAWGWYO IN 6/17 OUT 6/20 43. zepthompson 44. JohnRParker5 ??? 45. 46. Peace
  • iGrateful
    43. zepthompson44. JohnRParker5 ??? 45.iGrateful Nothin' left to do but :-) :-) :-)
  • ADAWGWYO
    Thanks Riley 41. sportzfreak260 in 6/13 out 6/15 42. ADAWGWYO IN 6/17 OUT (will be 6/20) 43. zepthompson 44. JohnRParker5 ??? 45. Will have these out to zep on Monday. Peace and thank you to Richard for the seed
  • sportzfreak260
    Default Avatar
    41. sportzfreak260 in 6/13 out 6/1542. ADAWGWYO 43. zepthompson 44. JohnRParker5 ???
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums

started by richard

This vine is from a great 3-night stand at the Uptown Theater in Chicago IL; February 26-28, 1981. The band was on fire and the playing was fierce. The source for all three shows is SBD/AUD matrix. These were mixed by C. Chappell and I think he did an outstanding job. For the curious minded among you, I am also including the straight soundboard from 2/26 so you can compare the difference between a Matrix and a soundboard.
The package will include a data DVD with all shows in digital lossless format plus audio CD’s for the conversion impaired.

First person on the list, PM me with an addy.

Grateful Dead
Uptown Theater; Chicago, IL
2-26-81
Set 1:
d1t01 - Feel Like A Stranger
d1t02 - Althea >
d1t03 - Little Red Rooster
d1t04 - Bird Song
d1t05 - Me And My Uncle >
d1t06 - Big River
d1t07 - Peggy-O
d1t08 - Passenger
d1t09 - Tennessee Jed
d1t10 - The M

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Looks like it was last seen with benny jakes,, Benny , you still with us ? Do we need a re-seed ? Time will tell , I guise .. Hope everyone has a Grate Day !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

somehow i got this vine with another show. ill send it off to kim by sat. have a great day and peace to the world.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

need a little help does this vine go to unclejon? thats what it looks like. i can send this off by sat. any help would be appreciated,peace.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

bennyjakes then unclejon, depends on who sent it to you, should of been estima8ed i tink
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 7 months

> 18. NJRipple> 19. stuman > 20. That Nice Hippy Guy > 21. pkpotter > 22. Birdsong1969NJ 23 rambelinbearisgrateful 24. Billy S
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Unclejohn is next , that is what i see from the list ,,,very cool that it showed up ... Hope everyone has a sweet day !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

now that i know it goes to unclejon,i need him to contact me so i can get his address please. my e-mail is: gonzo7755@yahoo.com. peace.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

blasting this vine off to unclejon today. have a great life everyone and dont forget to vote. peace to the world.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

let it grow!!!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

16. UncleJon 17. grdaed73 18. NJRipple 19. stuman 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. pkpotter 22. Birdsong1969NJ 23 rambelinbearisgrateful 24. Billy S
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

it's on it's waywatch that mailbox NJR
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Thanks for the shows, richard! 17. grdaed73 18. NJRipple 19. stuman 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. pkpotter 22. Birdsong1969NJ 23 rambelinbearisgrateful 24. Billy S 25. MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

I've got these - a little behind with a lack of free time but will turn these around as soon as possible.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

off to stuman today
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

They seem to arrive on saturdays ,.. did anyone have problems copy`ing the 28th. from the dvd ? I have it done and will be out in today`s mail ,, off to trevor .. 17. grdaed73 18. NJRipple 19. stuman 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. pkpotter 22. Birdsong1969NJ 23 rambelinbearisgrateful 24. Billy S 25. MarkintheDark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

to say thank you Richard ... hope everyone has a sweet week !!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I'll have it out within a few days. Thank you, Trevor "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

17. grdaed7318. NJRipple 19. stuman 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. pkpotter 22. Birdsong1969NJ 23 rambelinbearisgrateful 24. Billy S 25. MarkintheDark 26. boxen
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

to this right now... the 26th, grateshit! thx again richard!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

To pkpotter along with MSG 93. "You know the one thing we need is a left handed monkey wrench....."
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

From Trevor. out monday hopefully. have 2 vines in front of it, 7 going out monday.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Out to birdsong monday, make that 9 going out.
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

Great run at the Uptown. Thanks. Sorry it took me so long! "I had a hard run, runnin' from your window."
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

off to markinthedark
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hi, The Uptown Theater vine has arrived, probably won't be able to get it back out until after the weekend. Cheers, MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hi! The Uptown Theater '81 vine is on its way to boxen. Had an issue with one of the discs: 2/27 disc 1 has a teeny weeny little hole in the media which made three different CD burners lock up, and I don't mean skip or quit with an error, I mean lock up as in had to do a hard reboot to get out of it. Damndest thing, didn't even notice the hole until after the second freeze. I made a replacement disc using the DVD flac files and included it in the package, but watch out for that evil disc three! Thanks for the shows, richard! Enjoy! MarkintheDark ********************************************* I have a sigfile! --> www.kindveggieburritos.com *********************************************
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

...just like I sent one about the Omaha/Red Rocks vine, to see if he received that one. Hmmm. ********************************************* **************This space for rent***************** *********************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Thanks. I need some '81 stuff in my collection. All I have is some '81 October show in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Melk Weg). 17. grdaed73 18. NJRipple 19. stuman 20. That Nice Hippy Guy 21. pkpotter 22. Birdsong1969NJ 23 rambelinbearisgrateful 24. Billy S 25. MarkintheDark 26. boxen 37. Exploratory Data Analysis
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Never heard back from the last one. ************************************** *The white zone is for loading and unloading only* **************************************
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

25. MarkintheDark 26. boxen 27. Exploratory Data Analysis 28. JackstrawfromColorado 29. "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Been a little snowed under lately. I will get this out to Exploratory Data Analysis as soon as I get an address....
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

Got this 4/2/09. I can mail out Monday
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

First, Thanks MarkintheDark for the replacement disc (Disc #1 2/27). While trying to copy Audio Disc #1 2/26/81 Matrix , it would give me a message that my blank CD was not large enough or did not have enough space. I was using a 80 min 700 MB blank CD, and the source disc was also a 700 MB CD. Not sure why. There is a SBD version of this same show included so I just skipped this matrix and copied the SBD copy instead. Also, note that on Disc #1 2/28/81 audio tracks Mama Tried & Mexicalli are combined together in the same track--Mexicalli is NOT missing as I first thought. If you are using the DVD flac method, you may not have any of the above issues.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 2 months

27. Exploratory Data Analysis28. JackstrawfromColorado 29. LoneStarDarkStar 30.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Awesome, thanks! 27. Exploratory Data Analysis 28. JackstrawfromColorado 29. LoneStarDarkStar 30. Frogwings 31.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

27. Exploratory Data Analysis28. JackstrawfromColorado 29. LoneStarDarkStar 30. Frogwings 31. KINGCARGO.JB
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

mailed out 4/6 to JackstrawfromColorado
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I will get this turned around and out the door by early next week. This is lookin real good! "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

28.JackstrawfromColorado29.LoneStarDarkStar 30.Frogwings 31.KINGCAGO.JB 32.j.straw
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

This will be in the mail to LoneStarDarkStar tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who kept this vine alive! "When the smoke has cleared she said, that's what she said to me. You're gonna want a bed to lay your head and a little sympathy"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 2 months

...in the mail after work today. PM'ed Frogwings for his addy. Should be ready to go by tomorrow. thanks, richard!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

I hope to drop it in the mail after work tomorrow - coming your way