• 1,335 replies
    marye
    Got ideas for how things should be run differently in the Vineyard? Improvements? Suggestions? Brainstorms? Truckloads of fertilizer? Post here.,On the floor at MSG... one perfect song after another...and we were beyond elated with disbelief and gratitude. This was truely a fantasy set list and, in my opinion, the best of my 8 show run.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Guss West
    You all have my word that the vines I am sent will be carefully tended until they are ready to be passed along. Love and Gratitude to those who invest in endlessly seeding. The Music Never Stops!
  • RaymondMBrown
    Haven't been around here for a while... but things are different huh?? JackstrawfromColorado.... let me know what shows you need.... I have them all pretty much covered. Sorry to see there has been some toxins in the Vineyard.... doesn't take much to kill 'em off.... Hope everyone is otherwise well. -Raymond.
  • zepthompson
    I think I have your email pretty sure you have mine next time you are up this way..... take care amigo!
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Thanks for backing me up and thank you too Jake. People are funneling vines to carolina boy I see and all I can say is "whatever". I tried being the vine cop but it was a grueling, thankless job and I spent way too much time and resources re-seeding vines and doing the follow ups with folks. No one could do what markinthedark did, and I suspect much like me he got way too burned out. I love a lot of you out there but the people with total disregard I cannot deal with anymore. I am signed up for the two 83 vines and I hope someone who has my email address could email me when they are coming my way I would be very grateful. Then I am officially out of here. The 72 europe bullshit and now the new site are making me crazy too so again, take care everyone I love you I loved trading with y'all but it is really time for me to say fare thee well. If you have my email drop me a letter and I'd love to trade that way with you but I am done here. Mark
  • Jake R
    Default Avatar
    I just bumped all of Fall 72 and the entire 73 vines. Lot of stuff is lost over the pond unfortnately and lost in the server change-over.
  • Oroboros
    As one of the original group that started vining here
    'back in the day' I can agree that I have watched while several individuals took and took and ended up being 'vine killers'. They showed up, got on the list to receive the vine and then never sent them onto those next on the list. While I have not been as active, of late I will agree with my brothers comments that it is difficult to keep the vineyard producing when some just take and take. I wish I had an answer. For a while we were attentive and kept track and then ericat and then Markinthedark helped us attend to keeping the vineyard going. But if we don't identify those that are toxic to the cause don't be surprised when so many vines die. I don't think that Jake R and JackstrawfromCo would be expressing these concerns if carolina boy didn't have a history. Has he reseeded the vines that disappeared when sent to him ? A show of good faith? I can't be the 'vine cop' and I have watched as that role has unfortunately burnt out several of my brothers in the Vineyard. And they are gone. FYI- I have reseeded many CDs to get vines back on track here, both with the vines I started and ones that were seeded by others. Saying that isn't to expect praise but to offer that I have invested in the Vineyard, and have been given back far more than I have put into this wonderful space. The Wheel does go round.. I will say to those on the vineyard that our history is right here to view. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
  • Jake R
    Default Avatar
    Mark, I completely agree with u. Idk if he thinks enough time has passed and we forgot but I certainly have not. I wholeheartedly encourage a banishment of him from any vines he is on. I too do not speak ill of anyone; this has always been a great community. But if any vines he is on gets sent to him and not passed along I too will be done with this place.
  • JackstrawfromC…
    you guys I know I don't come around here much anymore but the vineyard will always be a place I will cherish, for the music and the people who formed this community. I am probably coming across like a big ol jerk here but I don't care because this guy here .. carolina boy ... single handily took the vineyard down. a bunch of us went to a lot of work to reseed all the vines he STOLE from here. I'm getting emotional right now because I must sound like an asshole but I don't care ... i just hope someone from the old days who remembers backs me up... please do not trade with him ... I mean actually do whatever you want but I know what he did to the vineyard and I am letting you all know
  • stepineden72
    Default Avatar
    To Jake for reseeding all the missing '67, '68 and '69 vines.You be the MAN Jake! Yeah,just like a kid turned loose in a freakin' candy store I am. Thanks again.
  • Jake R
    Default Avatar
    the first left out the links.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months
Forums
Got ideas for how things should be run differently in the Vineyard? Improvements? Suggestions? Brainstorms? Truckloads of fertilizer? Post here.,On the floor at MSG... one perfect song after another...and we were beyond elated with disbelief and gratitude. This was truely a fantasy set list and, in my opinion, the best of my 8 show run.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

thinking of you both.....please drop by to say hi when the time is right.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I have been away for a while. I finally sent the 69 Vine on to Derek. So many issues with this site and also having personal issues makes it hard to maintain my enthusiasm. I also will not spend money on releases when I have no clue what shows will be included. Its insulting. However, I will be forever grateful to Mary and this site and all the viners. I now have tons of music that i will always cherish. Also, the site rejuvenated my interest in the Dead, as I got off the bus in 1985 and got back on 20 years later. Looking forward to seeing Furthur at MSG Thursday, and in Atlantic City Sat. night. Thanks again to all.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

It appears that Nathan (Long Dead) has taken a break from vining. I have been unsuccessful in any attempts to contact him. Not that there is anything wrong with taking a break since I myself will be on one. However, I did send him my Nov 1970 Vine which I will have to re-seed after only one person which sucks but it's life. If there are any vines anyone is on that are stuck with him, could we please make a list or post it in the proper thread? Also I request his name be placed at the bottom of any list he is on or removed entirely until we hear from him. The most important thing in the vineyard is to keep the music moving so I do not mean this as a personal attack. These are the vines I know of that are stuck with him: November 1970 Vine http://www.dead.net/forum/november-1970-vine December 1986 Vine http://www.dead.net/forum/december-1986-vine If I need to reseed the 1986 Vine, please pm me. Also, it appears Riley (sportzfreak260) is holding up some vines too (some from June it appears). Has anyone heard from him? Take care and happy vining to all -Jake
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

I was wondering if any one else in the vineyard does geocaching? My wife and I have found a small "travel bug" in a local cache and would like to send it some where further than another local cache. PM me if you play and are interested. Robert
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Is on its way to John Parker. I couldn't find the thread anywhere...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Glad to see Keith was able to post the reseeds for the vines I sent his way. With so much going on, I really wanted to get these out before the holidays so thank you Keith for helping me (and the vineyard). A lot of the long-term viners here have these but for the newer members in the vineyard community, jump on board. You will not be disappointed. Since I am taking time off from the vineyard, I'd like to wish everyone an early Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. Best wishes to all and your families, -Jake
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 8 months

Happy Holidays Dead-Heads!I have a bunch of old seeds that I would like to try to get moving again, but when I do a search for the vine and then post a message, It dosen't appear under the stickies. I guess the message is there, but it remains burried on a high page number and no one sees it. I imagine this might be part of the reason for dead vines (no pun intended). Any recomendations? Peace, Chris
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 8 months

Why is the Meta topic so hard to get to.I used to just go to the Vineyard, and the sticky was right there. Now, I either have to do a search for it, or go to tapers, etc. Is the site stilled having problems for anyone else? Peace, Chris
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Many problems :(
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

I had another hard drive bite the dust while I was out on holiday. I have an old drive I can replace it with but I am missing a part. Does anyone out there have an old external drive that doesn't work any more they would be willing to part with? I don't need the hard drive itself just the chip that the usb and power plug into. Any brand will work too, in fact the only brand that won't work is a western digital my book essential. PM me if you might have one, thanks Robert
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

I'm probably not posting this in the right place, but........having trouble converting shn files on my new macbook. Any suggestions??
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 8 months

Hey gang,Does anyone know of an easy to use program that can tag cover art to MP3 files? (for ex: some nice artwork was created for the "30 Days of the Dead" MP3's. How do I tag the artwork to the files?) Thanks! Peace, Chris
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

Try itunes. At the top of itunes click "File" then "Add file to library..." or "Add folder to library..." if you want to add them all at once. After the song has imported to itunes, find it , left click on it to highlight it click "File" at the top again then click "Get info". Here you can put all the tags in including artwork. After you are done if you want to give the Mp3 to someone else right click on it hit "copy" then hit "paste" on your desktop and your new Mp3 will appear with tags and artwork embedded.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 2 months

Thanks for welcoming me aboard the vine. Im misplaced in Costa Rica andneed the fellowship here.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

...i am moving in a couple of weeks so please pm me for my new address before sending me any vines.
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

to these shows a lot lately. I doubt there is enough intrest in a vine, but if anyone wants copies PM me. Adele Live In Session On MBE - KCRW FM 2011 Live IN WXPN World Cafe 2011-02-04 8 april 2011 paradiso amsterdam. Regina Spektor Live In Session On MBE - KCRW FM 2009 2010-07-03 Heineken Open'er Festival 2010 Corona Capital Festival 2010-10-16 Live at Sydney Opera House, Sydney 2010-04-27 29 June 2006 BBC Broadcasting House, London. Bonnaroo Music Festival June 13, 2010 She & Him Bimbo's 365 Club November 3, 2008 Santa Cruz, CA May 28, 2010 2010.07.06 Terminal 5 New York, NY Lykke Li - Live In Session On MBE - KCRW FM 2011
user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

Some friends of mine are making a documentary of the Ozark Music Festival . It was a three day festival in my home town (Sedalia, MO) that took place July 19-21 1974. If you can find any recordings from these artists from this time time let me know. Bachman–Turner Overdrive Blue Öyster Cult The Eagles America Marshall Tucker Band The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Boz Scaggs Ted Nugent David Bromberg Leo Kottke Cactus The Earl Scruggs Revue Lynyrd Skynyrd Electric Flag Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band Joe Walsh and Barnstorm The Souther Hillman Furay Band The Ozark Mountain Daredevils Charlie Daniels Band Triphammer Bill Quateman Fresh Start Babe Ruth Locomotiv GT Aerosmith Shawn Phillips REO Speedwagon Spirit You can PM me here or email me at: Higher-Than-The-Sun@hotmail.com
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Just saw this posted on deadlists (From July 10, 2012): Back in 2009, Charlie Miller circulated a lone Midnight Hour "from an unknown show": He wrote: "This Midnight Hour was on the end of Rob Eaton's 2/14/70 Dat, which he got from Dick Latvala. It was labeled as the encore. Obviously, it's not from 2/14/70. You can tell by the mix that it is from 1968." Actually, this Midnight Hour is the encore from the Family Dog, 9/6/69. David Lemieux has included this a couple times on the dead.net Taper's Section. Only the first 45 minutes of the show have circulated. The Vault just has the last two songs, Casey Jones & Midnight Hour. Jefferson Airplane played after the Dead - in fact, on the Taper's Section clip you can hear Garcia saying after MH, "Jefferson Airplane, coming up next."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Just saw this posted on deadlists (From July 10, 2012): Back in 2009, Charlie Miller circulated a lone Midnight Hour "from an unknown show": http://archive.org/details/gd1968-00-00.sbd.miller.97671.flac16 He wrote: "This Midnight Hour was on the end of Rob Eaton's 2/14/70 Dat, which he got from Dick Latvala. It was labeled as the encore. Obviously, it's not from 2/14/70. You can tell by the mix that it is from 1968." Actually, this Midnight Hour is the encore from the Family Dog, 9/6/69. David Lemieux has included this a couple times on the dead.net Taper's Section. http://www.dead.net/features/tapers-section/august-29-september-4-2011 Only the first 45 minutes of the show have circulated. The Vault just has the last two songs, Casey Jones & Midnight Hour. Jefferson Airplane played after the Dead - in fact, on the Taper's Section clip you can hear Garcia saying after MH, "Jefferson Airplane, coming up next."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 1 month

To Jake for reseeding all the missing '67, '68 and '69 vines.You be the MAN Jake! Yeah,just like a kid turned loose in a freakin' candy store I am. Thanks again.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

you guys I know I don't come around here much anymore but the vineyard will always be a place I will cherish, for the music and the people who formed this community. I am probably coming across like a big ol jerk here but I don't care because this guy here .. carolina boy ... single handily took the vineyard down. a bunch of us went to a lot of work to reseed all the vines he STOLE from here. I'm getting emotional right now because I must sound like an asshole but I don't care ... i just hope someone from the old days who remembers backs me up... please do not trade with him ... I mean actually do whatever you want but I know what he did to the vineyard and I am letting you all know
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Mark, I completely agree with u. Idk if he thinks enough time has passed and we forgot but I certainly have not. I wholeheartedly encourage a banishment of him from any vines he is on. I too do not speak ill of anyone; this has always been a great community. But if any vines he is on gets sent to him and not passed along I too will be done with this place.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

'back in the day' I can agree that I have watched while several individuals took and took and ended up being 'vine killers'. They showed up, got on the list to receive the vine and then never sent them onto those next on the list. While I have not been as active, of late I will agree with my brothers comments that it is difficult to keep the vineyard producing when some just take and take. I wish I had an answer. For a while we were attentive and kept track and then ericat and then Markinthedark helped us attend to keeping the vineyard going. But if we don't identify those that are toxic to the cause don't be surprised when so many vines die. I don't think that Jake R and JackstrawfromCo would be expressing these concerns if carolina boy didn't have a history. Has he reseeded the vines that disappeared when sent to him ? A show of good faith? I can't be the 'vine cop' and I have watched as that role has unfortunately burnt out several of my brothers in the Vineyard. And they are gone. FYI- I have reseeded many CDs to get vines back on track here, both with the vines I started and ones that were seeded by others. Saying that isn't to expect praise but to offer that I have invested in the Vineyard, and have been given back far more than I have put into this wonderful space. The Wheel does go round.. I will say to those on the vineyard that our history is right here to view. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

I just bumped all of Fall 72 and the entire 73 vines. Lot of stuff is lost over the pond unfortnately and lost in the server change-over.
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Thanks for backing me up and thank you too Jake. People are funneling vines to carolina boy I see and all I can say is "whatever". I tried being the vine cop but it was a grueling, thankless job and I spent way too much time and resources re-seeding vines and doing the follow ups with folks. No one could do what markinthedark did, and I suspect much like me he got way too burned out. I love a lot of you out there but the people with total disregard I cannot deal with anymore. I am signed up for the two 83 vines and I hope someone who has my email address could email me when they are coming my way I would be very grateful. Then I am officially out of here. The 72 europe bullshit and now the new site are making me crazy too so again, take care everyone I love you I loved trading with y'all but it is really time for me to say fare thee well. If you have my email drop me a letter and I'd love to trade that way with you but I am done here. Mark
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

I think I have your email pretty sure you have mine next time you are up this way..... take care amigo!
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Haven't been around here for a while... but things are different huh?? JackstrawfromColorado.... let me know what shows you need.... I have them all pretty much covered. Sorry to see there has been some toxins in the Vineyard.... doesn't take much to kill 'em off.... Hope everyone is otherwise well. -Raymond.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

You all have my word that the vines I am sent will be carefully tended until they are ready to be passed along. Love and Gratitude to those who invest in endlessly seeding. The Music Never Stops!