Grateful Dead

1426 replies [Last post]

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
love that early 70's sound

darkstar>slipnot>stella blue 7/25/74
downloaded "tapers section file" amazing variety!!!

GRTUD's picture
By Request - MORE Blue!!!

"Tangled Up In Blue" from the early set (Bob Dylan); "After Midnight" (Eric Clapton) > "Eleanor Rigby" (Beatles) > "After Midnight" - JGB; Lisner Auditorium, Feb. 12, 1980

"See" you all around (and around)...

Deadicated's picture
Bob Marley

Well, the US prevailed kinda, no?
I'm, courtesy UncleJohn, listening to 6/12/80 - so very, very fine!!! Muchisimas gracias.
Pitch-perfect - large audience - always'll love Bob.

Experiencing a sun-shower at the moment w/ "No Woman, No cry" Irie!!!

" Where does the time go? "

GRTUD's picture
Oh And...

...the Lips performance of "War Pigs" (above) was a "sound check" fyi. They're doing "Dark Side of the Moon" tonight - I Wish I Was There...

GRTUD's picture
Something Black & Something Blue...

"War Pigs" (Black Sabbath) - Flaming Lips @ Bonnaroo 2007;
"Blue on Black" - Kenny Wayne Shepard

I'll check out Fela - thanks Deadicated!

Deadicated's picture
Fela Ransome-Kuti & the Africa '70

1. Open & Close
2. Swegbe And Pako
3. Gbagada Gbagada Gbogodo Gbogodo

A decent showing by the Nigerian team and their outstanding goalkeeper warrants some Fela from 1971 - this should keep things simmering until the England vs. U.S. "encounter".

Try a Fela, you'll like it.

" Where does the time go? "

GRTUD's picture
Something Old; Something New...

"Badge" - Cream live from Royal Albert Hall 2005;
"Hard Times" - Ryan Bingham live from Austin City Limits 2008

I like Ryan Bingham's song writing; reminds me of Weir/Barlow a little bit.

grateful_vince's picture
Happy birthday Chester Burnett

Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' in the Moonlight (1959) & Howlin' Wolf Sings the Blues (1962).

I thought it was appropriate since it was his 100th birthday 2 days ago and on top of that I just got back from the Chicago Blues Festival and the great soul singer Zora Young came out and did a few old Howlin' songs with none other than the motherfucking HUBERT SUMLIN on guitar. The man played on so many classic blues songs. He practically created the style that Butterfield and Clapton and Richards and Page all tried to duplicate essentially. Also, and kind souls here who are blues fans - anybody know anything bout "The London Howlin Wolf Sessions"? Where he recorded all his classics with Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Bill Wyman, etc. Is it any good? Just wondering if it's a must have or not that great.

lamagonzo (not verified)
Boston Garden 9/26/91

The Dark Star complete in this Boston run. A very solid show with Bruce, even if he did get too aggressive on Brokedown.

This show has great significance. Bill Grahm dies 30 days after this one. The Brokedown>We Bid You Goodnight was poignant. In a lot of ways this show summed up an era. It was all downhill from this show.

RIP Uncle BoBo

Some day life will be sweet like a rapsody

When I Paint My Masterpiece Knickerbocker Arena March 1990

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
What Are You Listening To RIGHT NOW? -- Part 10