• 303 replies
    marye
    started by richard Winterland October 1974 Hello friends, Today I offer up another vine I hope you all will enjoy. This is a five night stand at Winterland in 1974. It is my understanding that these shows provided the tracks for the live album “Steal Your Face.” With that in mind, let me say this - I already own 'Steal Your Face', both on vinyl and on CD. IMHO, it would show appropriate support for a band that is so generous with their copyrighted material for parties interested in these shows to buy/already own a copy of 'Steal Your Face' as well. Following are the dates and setlists. First person on list needs to PM me with an address. Vine on, Richard 1. 2. 3. 4. 10-16-74 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Wed) 1: Bertha, Jack Straw, Deal, Mexicali, Roses, BIODTL, Scarlet, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland, Row Jimmy, Playin 2: Phil & Ned> Space> Wharf Rat> Space> Eyes, Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin> GDTRFB> Uncle John, Johnny B. Goode E: U. S. Blues Bob Weir's 27th

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JackstrawfromC…
    I tried unsucessfully to get a hold of him recently.. "Lazy lightning you say you never strike the same place. I want a double dose in any case" ... "You got to hear my supplication. Got to hear me now. A little bolt of inspiration"
  • ripple1974
    37. deadhead52538. kwitt 39. ooloo 40. ripple1974 thanks!
  • RaymondMBrown
    To deadhead525 in the morning.... Raymond.
  • RaymondMBrown
    From boss2003.... Will try next in line....
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Is on hiatus. I think stuman mentioned sending him his own copy if we can otherwise skip him for now. "Here's my half a dollar if you dare .. double twist when you hit the air. Look at Julie down below .. the levee doing the dopaso"
  • RaymondMBrown
    This one was returned from Eastern Europe.... Came in yesterday.... can get it out by weekend.... Whats up with with dr.z? He gwetting vines?? I shall research and figure it out.... Thanks! Raymond 33. apla (apla76@mail.ru) 34. RaymondMBrown....IN....5/11..... OUT..... 35. dr z 36. boss2003 37. deadhead525 38. kwitt 39. ooloo
  • ooloo
    Default Avatar
    33. apla (apla76@mail.ru)34. RaymondMBrown 35. dr z 36. boss2003 37. deadhead525 38. kwitt 39. ooloo
  • apla
    I sent the discs to RaymondMBrown today. Thanks for great vine, grateful guys. Best regards, Andrei
  • RaymondMBrown
    I sent Alpa my address both in a PM and via email.... Thanks. Raymond
  • kwitt
    Default Avatar
    33. apla (apla76@mail.ru)34. RaymondMBrown 35. dr z 36. boss2003 37. deadhead525 38. kwitt
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months
Forums
started by richard Winterland October 1974 Hello friends, Today I offer up another vine I hope you all will enjoy. This is a five night stand at Winterland in 1974. It is my understanding that these shows provided the tracks for the live album “Steal Your Face.” With that in mind, let me say this - I already own 'Steal Your Face', both on vinyl and on CD. IMHO, it would show appropriate support for a band that is so generous with their copyrighted material for parties interested in these shows to buy/already own a copy of 'Steal Your Face' as well. Following are the dates and setlists. First person on list needs to PM me with an address. Vine on, Richard 1. 2. 3. 4. 10-16-74 Winterland Arena, San Francisco, Ca. (Wed) 1: Bertha, Jack Straw, Deal, Mexicali, Roses, BIODTL, Scarlet, Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Cumberland, Row Jimmy, Playin 2: Phil & Ned> Space> Wharf Rat> Space> Eyes, Big River, Ship Of Fools, Truckin> GDTRFB> Uncle John, Johnny B. Goode E: U. S. Blues Bob Weir's 27th
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I received this on Fri, was pretty busy over the weekend, so need another day or two to finish burning. Will be ready to go by Wed. Estim8ed is next as far as I know.
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

That was an amazing show. We were on the floor just a few feet in front of Jerry. I was in the movie for about two seconds, but they had tons of footage of my girlfriend!
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

The shows are in the mail and on their way south to Estim8ed
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Oh my goodness, on 10/18/74, Bobby forgets the "hurts my ears to listen, shannon" verse and just mumbles his way through it, hahaha. Hilarious. He even repeats the "four bucks and change" lyric that Jerry just sang!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Steal Your Face was the first Grateful Dead record I bought and hearing music from that run is always great. I have Sirius, which now has a Grateful Dead channel. Earlier today they played Tomorrow Is Forever from the 19th. I had never heard it performed by the Dead, but I really loved it and would love to get in on this vine.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Last we heard, this vine was on it's way to Estim8ed. I'm next on the list and anxiously awaiting it. I always thought it was a jones that SYF had a cut version of Black Throated Wind, one of my fav Bobby tunes. The version of BTWind on 10-19-74 is the last time they played it until 3-16-90 in Landover, where it surfaced w/ new lyrics. 16 YEARS!! I'll add your name to the vine, Socrateazer, and PM me your address so I can get it out to you after I get it. L8r His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

I haven't recieved the discs yet, I guess the holiday is delaying the mail.I will post when I recieve them!! D00Dah, I will pm you for your address, so I can keep the vine growing!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

I recieved yesterday and copied the discs. Sending out to D00Dah today!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Just got this one in from the East Coast, will take a coupla days to rip. Heads up, Socrateazer... His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

and ripping as I type. Good Stuff! Will have it out to Socrateazer ASAP. Thanks to everyone, this vine has seen most of the country and still sounds great. His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I can hardly wait to hear these shows. Steal Your Face was my introduction to the Grateful Dead and hearing them in their entirety is something I've wanted to do for many a moon. Thanks, Doodah!
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Winterland October 1974 1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 cant wait 4 this unbelievable run of shows...but i will gratefully stay safe and feel good! >><<<< :>
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Winterland October 1974 1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. Oroboros 15. OK, I just had to jump on this vine too!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

This one went out yesterday, heading east at top speed. Enjoy. His job is to shed light, not to master...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I received them yesterday, 17 disks! I will burn them over the next couple of days and send them immediately to 1430r245.These shows were truely amazing!!!!!!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I'm sending them on this afternoon to 143or245. Thanks Doodah, these disks are amazing!Socrateazer
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Posted: November 30, 2007 - 3:57pmWinterland 10/16-24/74 Winterland October 1974 1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. Oroboros 15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) Oroboros, if you get this, try to shoot me a message at the above email. I'm still not in teh habit of checking PMs regularly. I am trying to get better at that. Cheers. Great vine!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I sent the disks out a while ago and they were delivered to 143or245 on the 24th. I had a delay getting them out and they didn't get to the Post until the 19th. In any case the USPS tracking number is 0307 1790 0003 6724 3082 . 143or245 must be away for the holiday. In any case thanks Richard for starting this vine.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Im getting these shows from Socrateazer just a h eads up when I get them Ill send them out ASAP Peace Isaac
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

WINTERLAND 10/16 - 10/24/74Posted: November 30, 2007 - 3:57pm Winterland 10/16-24/74 Winterland October 1974 1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. Oroboros 15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 16.iknowurider 17. Oroboros, if you get this, try to shoot me a message at the above email. I'm still not in teh habit of checking PMs regularly. I am trying to get better at that. Cheers. Great vine! This vine looks super wonderful. WWS, Jack Straw, too many to name.... SWEET
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I sent you a pm with my address. Then I will send them onto iknowurider (please pm me with your address). Vine On!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Just want to check on the status of this vine, did you get them ripped and burned? I will pm you as well. We sure don't want to let this vine wither and die. Let us know.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Just trying to connect with you. Want to get that Winterland '74 vine moving and have JolleyRedGiant54, myself, RedGenadine, and iknowurider chomping at the bit. Sent you a pm and am trying to connect. Let me know what is up! Thanks and take care, tim
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Just letting u know that I just got this today and shall be sending it out here in the next couple of days Peace Isaac
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

Excellent, JollyRedGiant got the, I sent a full set, along with a couple of extras to 143or245 last month. I know they were delivered, because I had delivery confirmation, but I hadn't heard a thing so I sent them to JRG in order to keep this excellent growing. In any case I'm pleased to see that it has moved along,Bruce
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Your efforts at reseeding and watering the vine (in such righteous viner fashion) are duly noted and good karma is rolling your way. take care, Tim
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

I receieved news from 143or245 today. He had been in the hospitol for several weeks, since 12/19, but is now home. I am happy to hear he is well, and I hope that this music and the well wishes from this forum speed his recovery!Bruce
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Wow theses shows r sweet and Im sending them out today
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

WINTERLAND 10/16 - 10/24/74 Posted: November 30, 2007 - 3:57pm Winterland 10/16-24/74 Winterland October 1974 1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com) 2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. Oroboros 15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 16.iknowurider 17. Deadicated 18. "Where does the go?"
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

and experienced some technical difficulties and Richard kindly agreed to assist and I will be getting these to RedGrenadine asap (give me a couple, please and thank you for all for your patience).We are back on track, and vine on! Take care, tim
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

and will work this weekend to finish up and then off to RedGrenadine. Thanks much to Richard for the data AND the CDs for this techogeezer. We are off and running. Vine on!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com)2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. Oroboros 15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 16.iknowurider 17. Deadicated 18. reedchris
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Discs arrived today courtesy RedGrenadine - on their way to rider shortly. Heads up reedchris, you're gonna find these absolutely cool. Just PM rider your addy "Where does the time go?"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

1.brewster boy (notchloft@aol.com)2.Hal R 3.operator 4.yamadog 5.Hunter 6.chasmo [gonzo7755@yahoo.com] 7. Ltapilot 8. dstache (dstache@gmail.com) 9. Estim8ed (libertarianforlife@yahoo.com) 10. D00Dah (chriskraft@hotmail.com) 11. Socrateazer 12. 143or245 13. JolleyRedGiant54 14. Oroboros 15. RedGrenadine (zkinard@ycp.edu) 16.iknowurider 17. Deadicated 18. reedchris 19. chinacat503 (chinacat503@yahoo.com)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

Off to chinacat503 in a few days
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

What's the staus on this vine? It's been almost two months since reedchris sent it to chinacat503.
user picture

Member for

15 years 11 months

quite a while now- several vines are stalled, and he isn't responding to anyone's PM's.-Tommo
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

I hope he is ok .. should we re-start the vines that are stalled ,, some how ?? Reedchris could you maybe send copy to gdhead77 ? maybe we can get this vine started again ..? Take care everyone !! Peace ... Stu ...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

any updates on this one ? looks like it`s been stalled for quite a long time ..