Just like your favorite jam, things are going to get a bit funky on Dead.net over the next week or so. Community accounts will be temporarily closed October 16th-17th and may be under further maintenance through October 22nd. But rest assured, we will be back up and better than ever shortly thereafter. Stay tuned!
Sometimes you come across a quote, a line, a statement that just nails it, at some level. Cosmic, comic, whatever.
If you'd like to share it, post it here, duly credited!
It’s only after you give up trying to hold on to everything that you think will make you happy that you can truly be happy
Touch her in all
ways non physical...
Give her intellectual
orgasms in multiples
and allow temptation
to drip from her ears.
Go down on her thoughts
and taste her perception.
Learn her soul and she
will fill the void of
Never start with the hands.
nah, couldn't happen
"If you put a small value upon yourself,
rest assured that the world will not raise your price."
"If it has tires or testicles, you're gonna have trouble with it".
- Ms. Anonymous
The future comes quickly. Before you know it, you turn around and it's tomorrow.
I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass
grows through a crack in the concrete.
It's so fucking heroic.
- George Carlin
This is a list of axioms that Jefferson offered to a few friends late in his life. There is a lot of wisdom in them...
1. never put off to tomorrow what you can do to-day.
2. never trouble another with what you can do yourself
3. never spend your money before you have it
4. never buy a thing you do not want, because it is cheap, it will be dear to you.
5. take care of your cents: Dollars will take care of themselves!
6. pride costs us more than hunger, thirst and cold.
7. we never repent of having eat[en] too little.
8. nothing is troublesome that one does willingly.
9. how much pain have cost us the evils which have never happen d!
10. take things always by their smooth handle.
11. think as you please, & so let others, & you will have no disputes.
12. when angry, count 10. before you speak; if very angry, 100.
There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread,
but there are many more dying for a little love.
- Mother Teresa