The first annual DEAD COVERS PROJECT was quite a feat! We were overwhelmed with the outpouring of love you showed for the Grateful Dead through the thousands of video submissions we received. We applaud all the hard work and effort that you, the fans, put into the DEAD COVERS PROJECT, and we hope you'll continue to watch and support all the amazing participant videos on YouTube until we fire up the DEAD COVERS PROJECT again next year.
As promised, we'd like to shine our lovelight on a handful of artists who are carrying on the spirit of the Grateful Dead in their own special ways. We hope you'll get to know and love them just as much as we do.
Click on the images below to learn more about each artist.
Dead World Roundup
- Mickey "Sonifies" the Golden Gate Bridge for 75th Anniversary
- Once you've "sonified" the Big Bang, the sun, several planets and other assorted celestial phenomena, capturing the sonic essence of San Francisco's historic Golden Gate Bridge to celebrate the span's 75th birthday must seem like a fairly simple task. But you know Mickey Hart 9he's always looking for weird challenges...
- More ª
- Spring Fling! Catching Up with Recent Music from Phil, Bob, Mickey and Bill
- What a spring it's been for Dead Heads! Bob, Phil, Mickey and Bill have all been incredibly busy, making damn fine music coast-to-coast in a variety of settings and band configurations...
- More ª
- Into the Heart of Music: Recording the Mickey Hart Band's "Mysterium Tremendum"
- The Mickey Hart Band's just-released album, Mysterium Tremendum, is a musical marvel and a sonic masterpiece. Over the course of 12 songs stretching to about 74 minutes, the eight-piece band, together in this form less than a year, sounds like old pros who have been playing together for ages...
- More ª