Road Trips Decades
I have them all, including bonus discs, and I like to have more post 90, preferably in (original) RT format:
- RT2.4 features some GREAT playing
- apart from Jerry, and apart from some questionable sounds produced by Vince (and some strange mixing), everybody was playing very well, and even more than usual trying to support Jerry (albeit in a different way, like keeping him up, rather than enriching his intuitive playing)
- drums and space did not lose their edge
- other periods are already well represented
- some songs, ranging from Unbroken chain to I fought the law, have never officially been released in a live environment.
Really, there are probably a hundred good shows from GD up to 1974, up to 1979, or up to 1990 present in the vault, and by all means bring them on. But could we not dedicate ONE DaP to the best of the 1990's live? Like a live version of CD 5 of the SMR-box? If only for completists' sake.
To look at it from a wildly different perspective: next Monday March 4, we'll be burying my 94 year old grandmother. Her last few years were not her best. They are not necessarily the ones I like to remember her by, but I would not want to miss them either.
typos are fun
This is tempting, GD. After I get DaP6...