1. You Own Your Own Words. In practical terms this means you own the
copyright on your original postings, and also that you are responsible
for their content. It also means that except for brief quotes for
discussion purposes you should not post the work of others without
their explicit permission.
2. The moderators and system operators reserve the right to remove
postings as necessary for any reason, from general housekeeping to
3. Be respectful and civil with your fellow participants. Over 40-odd
years of Deadheaddom, experience, mileage and perspective vary a whole
lot, and we want this to be a hospitable place.
4. Respect your fellow participants' time and attention. Think before
you post, and post in the relevant topic.
5. As the old adage says, never say anything online that you wouldn't
want to see on the front page of the New York Times. Rule #1
notwithstanding, as a practical matter there is no guarantee that
anything you post here will not wind up on 600 blogs, Homeland
Security's database, Digg, or your prospective employer's Google
search. Post accordingly. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.