Days Of Dead

Looks Like Rain, Box Of Rain, He's Gone
Hint:
A trio of 1970-1972 songs, two of which were included In the repertoire since their debuts, and one disappeared for a dozen years
day17_0y530mc1oxtrxtv_looks_like_rain.mp3
Albany, NY, Knickerbocker Arena
"Looks Like Rain" and "He's Gone" both debuted in the Spring of 1972, and "Box Of Rain" opened American Beauty. "Box Of Rain" appeared live 1972-1973, but then left the repertoire until 1986
Winner

Hint
MP3 Filename
day17_0y530mc1oxtrxtv_looks_like_rain.mp3
Song Title
Looks Like Rain, Box Of Rain, He's Gone

13 years 5 months

cause he's a little hoarse...(ba dum dum).
thanks folks, that's all !

11 years 9 months

plenty of time to finish this one. it could be this or that but not the other, and its not the one i was at, which could be either.
pretty sweet chunk of tunes

1 year 9 months

Anyone know what time zone the 30 Days starts in ?

11 years 9 months

In reply to by musiclover7782

Yo Musiclovah, the game is based off of Pacific Standard Time. Dead Co. is firmly rooted in Cali so there's always a west coast slant. :)

7 years 7 months

really enjoyed all the whining and, growling during the 'Never Gonna Bring Him Back" (really nice harmonizing)section. pretty easy one for me just picked the year and it was the second show I clicked on.

9 years 11 months

Easy Wind, blowing cross the bayou today...

You know, Dave, as you add more songs on a given day, you make it exponentially easier to find -- unless it is a common combination like Help>Slip>Frank. This one took me literally less than a minute. Just sayin'...

3 years 6 months

and listened to one of my favorite songs...Thanks Dave, what a perfect trifecta to start a beautiful day...the ending of He's Gone is very soulful.

14 years 3 months

You could narrow this down to just 2 shows by going here: gratefulstats.com/SongsInSequence.html

9 years 3 months

Songs from this show. Dave has found a silver mine.

9 years 11 months

In reply to by moribundjt

now where did I put that powder charge?

7 years 9 months

.. heard good reports from this venue and town. A nice softball with the 3 songs. Have fun

7 years 9 months

what a gorgeous ending to he's gone.

11 years 9 months

Hey everybody! I've been keeping a very low profile so far this year as I've been dealing with a few situations. LeeBob reached out to me via email and I assured him I was here. And so now I'm finally ready to jump into the comment fray. Thanks to my old homies LeeBob and m-SKJellyFetti for the birthday greetings. And a shout out to JayDogg76 on his nuptials last week. Are you able to stay involved on your honeymoon? 30 Days begins every year on my birthday and every year I swear I don't have the energy to participate and every year I get sucked right in. It is nice to see so many new faces in the mix. There are a handful of us who have done this for all twelve years. It's an obsession but it's pleasing. I always do well, and without bragging or trying to jinx myself, but I' m doing very well this year. I was challenged this week when I went on the road for three days armed only with an old iPad, my phone and Deadbase 6. But I prevailed with three correct guesses. I have won twice over the years: for the Saint/Sailor in 2014, and the Cumberland/Direwolf in 2018. But to be honest I'm just in it for the stress relief. Great to see everyone. Let the games continue. Thanks, Dave!

Hello - it's good to see you back here playin' in the crazy box! Indeed, I've managed to play throughout my wedding weekend - partially because we're not going anywhere to really celebrate until early December. I do appreciate that a couple of these have been easy/less time consuming than normal. In fact, the only one that stumped me so far was the 600+ performances of "Playin' in the Band". :O

So glad you're with us! I don't know ya, but you're part of the family and I've grown accustomed to your face here over the years. I hadn't seen your name and was hoping all was well. Glad to hear that it is! Onward!

13 years 7 months

what's a great trio of songs that wouldn't be quite the slam dunk as today?
The Other One
Wharf Rat
Thowing Stones
I saw that combo a bunch.

Todays Box of Rain in dopey slow.

6 years 9 months

Hey everyone! My first 30 DoD was yesterday with Stagger Lee. Feels good. This is my sixth year of hunting, so I'm glad to snag a quick victory!

4 years

In reply to by sammyadams47

Congrats sammyadams47! That’s a well earned one too, that mix yesterday made it tough.

11 years 8 months

Not my favorite year in Dead history, but this trio is very nice
We’ve gotten used to having the 30 Days around
After November, it will be Such a long long time to be gone
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
Thanks again Dave for picking the tunes!
You know you have all our dream job.
But it was all just a dream we dreamed long ago
A huge Thanks to the band for allowing the recording of their shows and sharing them for generations to come!!

3 years 9 months

Anyone notice that the name choices for yesterday's venue have been whittled down to just one - "Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Arena"?

Pretty sure the menu had at least three variations of the name in past years ...

Diego - Yep! Stood out like a sore thumb. But it sure made yesterday's easier! In fact, the multiple names always made the 30 DoD venue choice a challenge. We've received many songs from Dave with venue as "Oakland Coliseum Arena" which was its actual name for years. And even a couple shows in the "...Stadium." I'll be curious to see what shows up from this venue next.

9 months

Really slow version of Box of Rain. They always seemed to have good shows here though.

7 years 9 months

Growl, Growl, GROWL!!!! Sometimes you just need a good Grrrrowl!
Love the selection today. Thanks Dave!

7 years 11 months

Hey now, I think I actually got one right!
Cheers

12 years 5 months

when I heard the beautiful harmonies on He's Gone, the whole show really. And they still had it going on strong 5 months later when I caught them live. It's a November full of surprises. Thanks Dave and co.

8 years 9 months

Narrowed to 2, and knew which was right, but had a brain fart and entered the other. Oh well, can't win them all!!

7 years 9 months

Could someone identify who's who in the soulful section of He's Gone? I recognize Jerry (of course), but who's the low voice and who's singing falsetto?

"I recognize Jerry (of course), but who's the low voice and who's singing falsetto?"

Jerry w the growl
Phil with the bass
Bobby falsetto

Can't tell you the rest till tommorrow!

15 years 2 months

I'm not a L.L. Rain fan...but this one has a nice intro.

9 years

Was looking through a friends stack of ticket stubs yesterday from 1990-1995.

First ticket on the stack was 3.17.92

Fired up SiriusXM for the 9 o clock show and it’s spinning 3.27.91

30 Days of Dead Rueben and Cherise what a treat

2 years 5 months

I know it may be sacrilege, but Phil singing solo is like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. Sorry!

11 years 9 months

In reply to by tr64tr4

Oof. While I don't agree, I promise you that Dave and the friendly gang here will never MAKE you listen to Phil - you can always choose not to hit the play button! And if you're still chasing the prize, honestly you can sync most of these up by just listening to the clues and sounds before (and after) the track proper.

8 months 3 weeks

Can't believe I was at this show and still missed the answer. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

Contest Day - backend
39 comments
sort by
Recent
Reset
Items displayed
  • Default Avatar
    GDTRFGood
    8 months 3 weeks ago
    Still didn't get it right

• Default Avatar