- February 4, 2020 - 6:34amCotter_SmartJoined:February 4, 2020AP Research 2020 survey
Hey guys, I'm a senior at McLean High School completing a year long research project about if the Grateful Dead's following could be recreated in todays social climate. I'm conducting the bulk of my data through surveys so any responses would be tremendously helpful! Thank you all!!
- May 27, 2008 - 1:05amc_cJoined:June 4, 2007Sydney PollackSydney Pollack passed away on May 26. a hell of a nice guy, really down to earth. I met him once at a party I crashed on the upper east side round about the time just before or just after Tootsie came out. We talked for a long while, mostly about gangster stuff and the yakuza, and when I held up an extra ticket for the next night's show at MSG, and said "dude, you ever been to a Grateful Dead concert?" and this, I will never forget, he looked at me for like a full minute, and he said: "The Grateful Dead? those people never bathe" RIP, Syd, may the 4 winds blow you safely home. peace.
- May 23, 2008 - 11:50amGratefulGigiJoined:July 20, 2007And now for something completely different...The Mütter Museum at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.We went there today for my girls anatomy class trip and what a trip it was, Wow this place is freaky, full of collections of medical monstrosities. You can check it out on line if you can't get there!! Really freaked me out!
- May 20, 2008 - 11:03amdeadheadkidJoined:October 21, 2007http://nataliedee.com/012405/
- May 19, 2008 - 7:15amdeadheadkidJoined:October 21, 2007Awesome weekendHad an AMAZING weekend. Went to a battle of the bands in willamantic supporting wildlife conservation and the conservation of the river. four amazing bands (well, at least three, one had a terrrrrible vocalist) great BBQ, dead heads galore. One band was a tribute band though they also wrote their own stuff. Also bought tons of books in providence. check out the band that won the battle, a band called "The Line" also, there was this amazing girl there named Desiree who is on youtube and the like. check her out as she is very young but an amazing player.Peace, The Kid
- May 18, 2008 - 2:56pmc_cJoined:June 4, 2007badgerbadger, have fun with that Täze Elipbiýi over there in Whereverthefuckitisstan! safe travels. Turkmen Proverbs Words of Wisdom for Life by Gazanfar Pashayev http://azer.com/aiweb/categories/magazine/ai111_folder/111_articles/111… 3 from that page: Blood is dripping from his pen. (His actions hurt others.) Don't swear in the name of my grandfather who was a slave, And I won't swear in the name of your grandfather who was a wealthy landowner. (A person's ancestry is sacred, no matter what reputation they had.) A donkey with a load is still a donkey. (The true character of human beings who are evil is still evident even if presented as respectable. The proverb is used in a negative way about people of bad character.)
- May 18, 2008 - 6:48amcosmicbadgerJoined:June 13, 2007my oh mythings have been getting hot round the site! Spring fever? Cabin fever? Cat fever? Fever rolled up to one hundred and five? Must be because you have been without my calming influence for a bit!!??!! greetings friends from Ashgabat Turkmenistan! I am on TV tomorrow so tune in to the government station to watch the special performing badger show! Its after the repeat of the 3 hour documentary about cotton harvesting machines and before the sychronised stadium flag waving telethon. take care everyone!
- May 16, 2008 - 8:54pmc_cJoined:June 4, 2007more on old schoolmore on old school I think the another big thing about being old school, or the old school heads on tours and the touch heads, was the general policy of 'self-policing' the community. as an example, nobody gave a shit if people were dringking themselves silly in the parking lots, BUT once someone threw a bottle and broke it, the older heads would chide the dude who did that. then, the 'old school' heads would go clean up the mess. being old school has nothing to do with age, mind you. sure, I was fucking around on the board one day and posting lots of crap, I did kind of fuck up because I did think I was in the chat room thread and not the news thread; bt that is not the point, once someone, in this case, marye said, dude, chill out with this, I stopped. I apologised, and that was that. end of story. end of issue. Door # 3??? clearly that would be marye up-loading a digi copy of her old cassette tapes of her interview with jerry which I really hope to 'hear' someday. peace
- May 16, 2008 - 6:52pmgrdaed73Joined:June 5, 2007monty,monty,montywhats behind door number 3. marye, hold out for 1 more that is still unwritten;)