Default Avatar
    DAVE’S PICKS 2023 SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS

• Four Limited Edition, Numbered Releases
    • Highly Collectible Bonus Disc
    • Free Domestic Shipping
    • Delivered Throughout The Year
    • Early Bird Pricing - $99.98
    • A savings of over $25.00 versus purchasing a la carte

EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS NOVEMBER 15 AT 9:00 PM PT.

Well, here we are embarking on our 12th year of the Dave's Picks series, a dozen years of bringing you complete unreleased shows on CD, mastered directly from the Grateful Dead's master tapes. And the most remarkable thing? Even 45+ volumes into the series, not to mention literally scores of other previous archival releases, we are still able to produce shows like Vol. 45, two complete concerts from Portland, OR, on 10/1/77 and 10/2/77. And wait until you see what we have in store for Vol. 46! And its accompanying Bonus Disc that will exclusively be sent to 2023 Dave's Picks subscribers! I was reminded of this analogy in regards to sports teams that win championships: you've got to have a deep bench of talented, quality parts to keep the run going at the elite level it requires. And the Grateful Dead's tape vault? The deepest bench there is! Cumulatively between the Dick's Picks, Road Trips, and Dave's Picks series Vol. 45 will be the 98th installment, not to mention the countless box sets, vault releases etc. And the fact that the two Portland '77 shows are coming out in 2023? THAT's a deep bench! We have three more releases planned in 2023 that are all going to knock your socks off the way we expect Vol. 45 will. A huge thank you for keeping this thing going; it's your interest and excitement that has allowed the Dave's Picks series to continue, and we really see no end in sight. With each Dave's Picks selling out more quickly than the last, subscribing in 2023 will make sure you get all four complete show (in the case of Vol. 45, TWO complete shows!) releases throughout the year, plus the Bonus Disc that will arrive with Vol. 46. Thanks again for sticking around. We're as passionate now as we were when the series started, perhaps even more so, and we plan to continue releasing Grateful Dead of quality you've come to expect for a very long time.

David Lemieux

Sweet summer love in the spring, fall and winter! We're back with another year of the Dave's Picks Series. If you've been with us for a while, you know that a subscription is your best bet for getting each of the four numbered, limited-edition releases featuring complete unreleased shows (totaling a minimum of 12 CDs), delivered to your door quarterly. You’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which remains one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free U.S. shipping. Subscriber bonus discs are not released outside of this offer. As always, early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

Dave's Picks 2023 will be capped at 25,000 copies of each release. Since you never know how quickly they'll go, why not subscribe, sit back, and relax knowing you'll get them all?

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Rob Wright
    Default Avatar

We are now one month since the release date.
    I haven't received my copy yet.
    Can someone help me?
    GDM, Rhino, Dave?
    My subscription was a gift and I think I have another for 2024 coming too.
    Thanks, Rob

• Oldhead89

Thank you for the info, Billy the Kidd.

• billy the kiddd

Your not to late to subscribe for 2024 Daves Picks, they haven't srarted selling subscriptions yet for 2024. They usually start selling subscriptions in October, in the middle of the month usually, middle to end.

• Oldhead89

Am I too late to subscribe?

• marye
    Send me a PM with the details and I'll see if we can straighten this out.
  • Zeke_the_Freak-3

I subscribed to this year’s annual subscription, as I have done the last couple years. I moved right at the end of April, just as the most recent set was going out. My discs were NOT forwarded and tracking showed it going back to a post office in California. I have reached out to WEA customer service MULTIPLE TIMES, and am always told that “due to high volume, we can’t respond to… blah blah blah” It’s now been a month and a half and I have STILL not been given any information about my discs OR information about how to change my address. I had completed a forward order with the Postal Service and they did NOT forward the package. Only returned it. Does anyone know how to deal with either situation?

• DeadDude503
    Default Avatar

Forgive my noobness but I’d dig getting a subscription to a vinyl club for Dave’s picks.

• marye
    I don't know, re the price, but let me check. As for the order, lemme know if there are more issues, which I hope there are not.
  • deadegad
    Default Avatar

After posting my comment regarding Dead.net glitches, now, my order went through. Whew! Marye, is it possible to get the original sale price??? I am on a "Low-Budget."

Now I got an automated call from Apple Bank making me push buttons and answer questions about this transaction. Please God let the payment go through.

• deadegad
    Default Avatar
    Marye Help: It's not just you! Can not order

For several months now, I have tried to order the annual subscription as I do every year since the beginning. Yet for two months plus months now dead.net will not accept my payment: High Volume, try again later. Every time! Now I have to pay the extra bucks$$. I can not find 'check-out as guest" option even though I log-out. Is there a working customer service number because no number is working for me. @#$%^!!!!!!! Good Grief Charlie Brown. Marye, can you get Dead.net to accept my order and have Dead.net's Lucy stop yanking the football out from under my foot??

I can not miss out on my annual subscription for it is a human rights violation - I'll haul Dead.net to The Hague. Thanks Marye and everyone here. I tried to PM you Marye but I am not sure if it went through because of other glitches.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

2 years 11 months

DAVE’S PICKS 2023 SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS

• Four Limited Edition, Numbered Releases
• Highly Collectible Bonus Disc
• Free Domestic Shipping
• Delivered Throughout The Year
• Early Bird Pricing - $99.98
• A savings of over $25.00 versus purchasing a la carte

EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS NOVEMBER 15 AT 9:00 PM PT.

Well, here we are embarking on our 12th year of the Dave's Picks series, a dozen years of bringing you complete unreleased shows on CD, mastered directly from the Grateful Dead's master tapes. And the most remarkable thing? Even 45+ volumes into the series, not to mention literally scores of other previous archival releases, we are still able to produce shows like Vol. 45, two complete concerts from Portland, OR, on 10/1/77 and 10/2/77. And wait until you see what we have in store for Vol. 46! And its accompanying Bonus Disc that will exclusively be sent to 2023 Dave's Picks subscribers! I was reminded of this analogy in regards to sports teams that win championships: you've got to have a deep bench of talented, quality parts to keep the run going at the elite level it requires. And the Grateful Dead's tape vault? The deepest bench there is! Cumulatively between the Dick's Picks, Road Trips, and Dave's Picks series Vol. 45 will be the 98th installment, not to mention the countless box sets, vault releases etc. And the fact that the two Portland '77 shows are coming out in 2023? THAT's a deep bench! We have three more releases planned in 2023 that are all going to knock your socks off the way we expect Vol. 45 will. A huge thank you for keeping this thing going; it's your interest and excitement that has allowed the Dave's Picks series to continue, and we really see no end in sight. With each Dave's Picks selling out more quickly than the last, subscribing in 2023 will make sure you get all four complete show (in the case of Vol. 45, TWO complete shows!) releases throughout the year, plus the Bonus Disc that will arrive with Vol. 46. Thanks again for sticking around. We're as passionate now as we were when the series started, perhaps even more so, and we plan to continue releasing Grateful Dead of quality you've come to expect for a very long time.

David Lemieux

Sweet summer love in the spring, fall and winter! We're back with another year of the Dave's Picks Series. If you've been with us for a while, you know that a subscription is your best bet for getting each of the four numbered, limited-edition releases featuring complete unreleased shows (totaling a minimum of 12 CDs), delivered to your door quarterly. You’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which remains one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free U.S. shipping. Subscriber bonus discs are not released outside of this offer. As always, early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

Dave's Picks 2023 will be capped at 25,000 copies of each release. Since you never know how quickly they'll go, why not subscribe, sit back, and relax knowing you'll get them all?

....was waiting for the glitches to unglitch.
Was going to go see Weir tonight, but twisted my knee pretty bad at work today. On ice now.
Still on for tomorrow though. Weir and Sub.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by roadhawg

Tried login the normal way - it wouldn't work.

Tried to click the Forget the e-mail button - but never recieved anything in my mail.

Tried to make a new account but no matter how I tried to proper WRitE a Pa88wo/d it couldn't accept any different versions.

But I managed to make an order for Dave's Picks 2023 after the system had refused to accept my credit card a couple of times.

Well, maybe Rhino are working on making dead net work as it used to do ...

Micke Östlund,
Växjö, Sweden

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Not complaining about the fall '77 coming up. I just have to say that the overall sound of the GD suffered when Keith switched to playing the Electric Grand in the fall of '77. The timbre of that instrument is too close to that of the electric guitars and generally doesn't add anything really to the overall sound. My theory is that the very one-dimensional nature of the piano was an added factor in the general decline in Keith's inventiveness from that point on.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Agree, the band sounded better with Keith on piano. He later incorporated the Fender Rhodes, which he used sparingly and with good taste. The band was re-defining themselves post-hiatus, which included Mickey's return,
fewer extended jams, Bobby's move away from Gibson guitars, Donna singing on everything, etc. Keith played a lot of post-hiatus piano in '76, but by '77 they wanted him playing something with more sustain (I take that to be and Jerry and Phil). And I'm sure the sheer weight of a Steinway Grand Piano was nothing to shake a stick at.

It started with the Polymoog and its synth organ sound. There's your sustain, but I don't think Keith wanted to go that far in that direction. His home was the acoustic grand piano. He adopted other keyboards in the early days as he saw fit, but was always a piano player first. He hung on to the piano for the first half of '77 (check out Peggy-O from the 6/7/77 Winterland Box Set); but the experimentation with the Polymoog was also in progress. I didn't like the Polymoog - it's prominent on Slipknot! from the 4/29/77 show at the Palladium, Brokedown Palace on 5/11, and all of those early Estimated Prophets, to name a few). I'm thankful it didn't work out and he moved to the Yamaha from the Polymoog.

I think the perfect mix would have been the acoustic piano and the electric, because he does use the Yamaha to good effect on some songs (I think it's great on some of the newer studio songs - Estimated Prophet on 2/3/78 is wonderful to my ears); but for the older stuff like Bertha, I thought the Yamaha was a bit much.

What I think gets lost in discussions about this desire for the band to "rock out" and adopt this new stage-sound, is that it forced Bobby to change his sound and style (he indicated in one interview that he needed to carve out a new sound just to be heard); and it fundamentally changed Keith's approach to the music. I hear him playing more chords and fewer notes. It's guesswork why, but I think this probably results from the acoustical differences between an electric and regular piano. I think the natural reverberation of an acoustic piano probably began to bleed into sound space on stage that was no longer open to him, partly due to the type of music they were playing (i.e. not as many open jams), but also the instruments that everyone else was playing (for example, the Travis Bean did not seem to cut through as loudly as the Wolf).

Overall I would bet dollars to donuts this was one of the contributing factors to Keith's unhappiness in the Dead's last couple of years. He began as a piano player with a lot of freedom to play what he wanted when he wanted, which in his case meant playing a lot of notes, and he became pigeonholed into a less preferable instrument from his perspective that forced him to play more blocky, chordal arrangements. From what I've read about the transition back to two drummers post hiatus, The Grateful Dead had to put a lot of work into their approach to older songs.

But what I really logged in to post was, don't forget to listen to Dave's Pick 33 on its anniversarytoday. Our mutual friend "Cousins of the...." loves this one, and not without good reason.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Marye is on the case as of minutes ago on the DaP44 thread.
She says PM her with your issues and she will try to resolve.
Cheers, and good luck

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by 1stshow70878

Ordered 2023 subscription on Oct. 25 as a guest. My payment went through without any problem.
But up to date I haven't received an order confirmation yet from GD-Store.
Is there anybody else having this issue?
Cheers
Gerd

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

Via con Dios. Took over the base lines in Ratdog after Rob left and did an excellent job, he will be missed, and a great guy too.
On a happier note, happy birthday Gracie.
Anyone check out Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets this tour? Just checked out the setlist at the Fox in Oakland, wow, all my favorites in one show. Echoes in its entirety. So good

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by PT Barnum

....to all of you that love cinema, check out RRR on Netflix. You can thank me later.

Missed Nick, but JRAD did Echoes in its entirety the 2nd night in Boston this summer

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by boblopes

got my license to bitch for next year with no issues

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thanks but I have no issues this time except I had to make a renewal of the supscription as a guest. I had no problem with a subscription mail either since I got that right away.

My problems these days starts when the Dave's Picks are being sent away. There's no way to see any info through the tracking number. This is a new problem though since DP 43, which I got a replacement copy for after ten weeks, a copy without a number. So far I have the same issue with DP 44 but maybe it hasn't shipped yet?

Micke Östlund,
Växjö, Sweden

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

And, yeah, so many possibilities for the 50th of 1973 and its studio and live recordings. I hope they don't fudge it by being lazy. Give us the freakin' heart of '73! (Sounds like a mob calling for human organs on a pike, but I really do mean the warm, fuzzy epicenter of the GD in that glorious year....)

Chronologically, I caught the ABB in May at MSG (I'm "sneaking" in a bong under my shirt -- can you imagine? -- and a young cop goes, "Hey, what have you got there?" And an older cop goes, "It's a bong, stupid, let him go..." NYC!!) and they wailed. But on June 9, after a pretty good GD set in full daylight (never did prefer daylight GD shows) the ABB (and another half of a four-way blotter) absolutely slayed us. The day had been 100 degrees and mentally crisping, so we retired to seats in the stands and the ABB took care of the rest. Of course, you all know we hitchhiked home on Sunday, June 10, because ... we were little kids supposed to be home and going to school on Monday!!! Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still a deep pain in an ill-defined part of my soul. But, as always, I digress.

As for GD, we (me and my multiple personalities) would like delivery of 6-10-73, 6-27-73 (add PitB from 6-28-73, I have pics from our position in front of the stage), 7-31-73 and 8-1-73. I'm sure my compatriots here can add a few choice dates. The PNW box will be five years old next year.

Bring it, baby.

....now where's my final Dave's from the last subscription dammit!!
I need '90 Autzen injected into my veins!
Edit. I finally read the blurb re this years sub comparing these to sports teams lol.
I'm doing my first fantasy football thingy with some co-workers this season. $50 buy in.
I get the attraction. But one needs to pick players with your head and not your heart. That's why I don't bet on sports anymore. Except the Superbowl. Love the prop bets.

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

And I didn't even get the double entendre until I wrote that down! Nothin' goin' on at all? Just Vguy somehow mainlining GD music ('90s no less) and NOT ONE shout out for the New Riders' 5-26-72 release?? Not one scream about next year's 50th, which has to be brewing right now?? Not one person getting prepared for tonight's film of 4-17-72??

You folks are a bunch of dead heads. Ooops, there I go again... Well, I'll be taking a shooter of Jameson and a vape pen to the movies in Denver tonight with four of my hometown cronies.

Thank you... for a real good time!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Mruf.. um what were you saying?
I was taking my afternoon nap.
Well I retold my Jorma story over on DaP44.
Candy hangover maybe?
Have fun at the meet-up.
Cheers

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Um, well said, 1st show. So I'm staking out the wasteland of 2023 subscriptions and everyone else is on DP 44.

Story of my life... Okay, I'll head over to DP 44 with a movie review later tonight or manana.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

Anyone else had the following situation? I ordered a Dave's Picks subscription on day one of announcement and had my credit card charged but on payment screen received a message "order could not be placed". No email confirmation or order number received despite payment taken.
Dead.net support not replying to my emails. Very poor service as I have been an annual subscriber from DaP1.

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Got mine day of release, tried over and over and over again but it would not process payment in Chrome. Went over to Microsoft Edge and it worked the first time.

Best deal in music and I love the boxes... this program is outstanding in every way I have no legitimate complaints.

\m/

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hi Dave,
Just got your email sent to subscribers thanking us for our continued participation.
I want to say thank YOU for all youve done and continue to do as we maintain our seats on the bus until the end. And after my end is up... im sure my son (now 16) will be taking my seat :-)
Thanks to you Dave and ALL THOSE BEHIND THE SCENES that bring us all of this incredible music and content!
Peace 2 all
iGrateful

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Who knows who will see this, but if whoever actually runs this website thinks they're "building community" and then wiithout warning removes the latest forum thread is only kidding themselves. We have a good core group of commenters and many times that of dedicated lurkers and, like it or not, we keep the conversation going.

But that only serves the commercial interests up to a point. Just killing off an ongoing discussion is simply rude and puts the lie to "the community" being touted. It's "community" for financial reasons only.

We were giving comfort to a man who had to bury his dog and the thread just gets cut, just like that. That's pretty low down.

Bad taste in my mouth, HF

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

44 is still there. I usually go the long way through Community, Product, Dead store products to find all the old threads. It's a pain and they are in no particular order, and they shuffle around in there some times even. The ones on the "store" side do mysteriously disappear though. Good luck.
Cheers

user picture

Member for

11 years

or was that a senior moment.... Yes HF, still there over on 44. Thread management tricky with multiples going... have found the "recent posts" feature a useful short cut, sometimes dimly recall locations of most recent dialogs. No question about the marketing being foundation of support, all about the Been-jammins, I do appreciate the freedom of expression, not naive about WMG.

user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

I open the dang site, go to Store, to Dave's Picks, to icon for 44 -- each and every time since it dropped. Today, icon gone. So I assumed, as has happened in the past, that the thread was discontinued.

My analysis:
a) I shoulda kept searching for an alternative path, as only my typical route was disrupted
b) Not so much senior moment as that my default emotion is anger(!)
c) Perhaps too quick to assail perceived fakery, when I oughta be more patient
d) An unrequitted tendency to pop off for "the people"
e) Most likely, all of the above ......

Just get me my meds and cane and old fruit jar and hookah, I-I-I'm s-s-s-sure I'll be okay.

HF

apologies, HF, more my making fun of myself, the warm fuzzy feeling being an extension of various senior moments. Sometimes amazed that I can recall as much with 70 in the rearview and decades of self indulgence. Where's that guitar on your coping list? Music soothes my savage beast daily. Dumping solid bodies for acoustics. Anyone for a 2006 Les Paul with EMG 81/85 pups, wine red figured maple top? Agreed, navigating this site is hit or miss... long proceeded exactly how you described. Lately I leave myself logged in, (no critical data at stake there), when I return, on the header far right there is a small icon of my avatar... hover on that, second item on menu is "recent posts" which opens a list by most recent entry, where it's easy to see 43,44, pick of the day et al. Much faster.

user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

Hi Dave, we assume you are aware but getting this years subscription was particularly daunting this time. Our dead.net credentials and the store seem to not be associated and had to checkout as guest to secure our script. We have, do and will always be subscribed but I can only imagine the amount of fretting that goes on to in the community due the store not being user friendly. Keep up the work, someone has to do it! Geoff and Diane

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

9/9/72
Bonus Disc excerpts from 9/3 & 19/72
I'm ALL THE WAY IN!!!!
Subscribed

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

Never any regrets subscribing to the annual DP for a year's worth of treats.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

In reply to by ratdogheads@gm…

For several months now, I have tried to order the annual subscription as I do every year since the beginning. Yet for two months plus months now dead.net will not accept my payment: High Volume, try again later. Every time! Now I have to pay the extra bucks$$. I can not find 'check-out as guest" option even though I log-out. Is there a working customer service number because no number is working for me. @#$%^!!!!!!! Good Grief Charlie Brown. Marye, can you get Dead.net to accept my order and have Dead.net's Lucy stop yanking the football out from under my foot??

I can not miss out on my annual subscription for it is a human rights violation - I'll haul Dead.net to The Hague. Thanks Marye and everyone here. I tried to PM you Marye but I am not sure if it went through because of other glitches.

After posting my comment regarding Dead.net glitches, now, my order went through. Whew! Marye, is it possible to get the original sale price??? I am on a "Low-Budget."

Now I got an automated call from Apple Bank making me push buttons and answer questions about this transaction. Please God let the payment go through.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I don't know, re the price, but let me check. As for the order, lemme know if there are more issues, which I hope there are not.
user picture

Member for

10 months 1 week

I subscribed to this year’s annual subscription, as I have done the last couple years. I moved right at the end of April, just as the most recent set was going out. My discs were NOT forwarded and tracking showed it going back to a post office in California. I have reached out to WEA customer service MULTIPLE TIMES, and am always told that “due to high volume, we can’t respond to… blah blah blah” It’s now been a month and a half and I have STILL not been given any information about my discs OR information about how to change my address. I had completed a forward order with the Postal Service and they did NOT forward the package. Only returned it. Does anyone know how to deal with either situation?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Send me a PM with the details and I'll see if we can straighten this out.
user picture

Member for

2 years 5 months

Your not to late to subscribe for 2024 Daves Picks, they haven't srarted selling subscriptions yet for 2024. They usually start selling subscriptions in October, in the middle of the month usually, middle to end.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 3 months

We are now one month since the release date.
I haven't received my copy yet.
Can someone help me?
GDM, Rhino, Dave?
My subscription was a gift and I think I have another for 2024 coming too.
Thanks, Rob

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/en/grateful-dead-1/daves-picks-2023-subscription/081227834562.html