• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You’re a fucking genius!

• jameslily96
    Always Need To Consider Sound Quality And Product Quality

we need to focus on best sound quality whenever checking audio and sound related product online now a days

• KenRat
    Default Avatar

if someone could provide me with a copy on cd of this show from 30 trips around the sun I would be eternally grateful. a gorgeous show that you just have to listen to to know its one of the best ever. please let me know and I will provide my details.

• whatsappnumb
    Default Avatar
    Its good to see this post and I really appreciate the author for better informative articles like this and more in the future.http://whatsappnumb.com
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    great blogfriendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    really impressed with the post.friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Jee main 2018 cutoff
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Good to hear that it sounds damn goodRomantic Shayari Good Night Sms
  • amarsriv22
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app in the world but I have found its alternative which is whatsapp plus it is more advance than whatsappswhatsapp plus download
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

What headphones did u get? I need a pair and don't know where to start looking...any help would be appreciated.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....you get it. '76 is the milk chocolate year of the Dead....smooth and tasty.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pro's from Amazon for about a $100.Resisting the urge to spend much,much more,I'm more than happy with these baby's. I've never had headphones that sound this good. :)
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Not being a buyer of the usb product, I'm only commenting on what I know about usb devices, computer technology, and how the device is described. Anyone who has the device, let me know if any of my assumptions are wrong. "Is it really metal, which would be a potential shock hazard?" It appears to be in a metal casing. Not all metal is conductive. Even if the metal the device was cased in was conductive, there would have to be contact between the metal and the circuitry to make the device a shock hazard. Contact between the metal and the circuitry would cause a short circuit, likely rendering the device unusable. Additionally, the amount of power supplied by a usb port is much lower than a bare socket connection. For the usb device to be a shock hazard, the metal casing would have to be conductive, there would have to be a connection between the circuitry and the casing, and the usb port would have to produce more juice than it usually operates under. Not saying this can't happen; anything is possible, but the likelihood is so small that all these things align, you can put the notion to rest that the usb device is a shock hazard. "Is there a USB cable or does this heavy metal memory stick plug into a USB slot, which on my audio PC are all on the rear of the machine?" Neither the product description or any of the information related by buyers indicates that there is a cable included. It appears to plug directly into the machine. Usb cables are inexpensive and easy to find. The usb device is advertised as USB 3.0 compatible. USB 3.0 has a much faster data transfer rate than USB 2.0, which has been the standard for almost 10 years now. In order to get the benefit of the faster transfer rate, all steps in the chain have to be USB 3.0, including the cable. USB 3.0 connections are colored blue. The plastic at the end of the device, under the metal housing that plugs into the usb port, will be blue and the usb port that receives the device will have blue plastic as well. This blue plastic will also be in any expansion cable you use if you want to get USB 3.0 speeds. If you use a regular USB 2.0 cable with a USB 3.0 device and USB 3.0 port, you will get USB 2.0 speed. Hopefully that helps.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....the segue between Good Lovin and Comes A Time is priceless. Well worth the $700 entry fee. Another nug stored away.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....someone says "Yeah!". I think it's Bobby. Something clicked, then it's off to one of the most flowing Not Fade's I've heard in recent memory. Check out Garcia's subtle riffing....stupendous. The China Cat theme Bobby breaks out at the 10:10 mark breaks out a smile on my face. Remember, China Cat had not been played yet since the hiatus. GDTRFB teases come next, then Bill gets a chance to bring the band back around at 11:40. He gathers a rhythm....12:18 brings the boyz back to the forefront. Majesty. At 13:10, the band is searching. Phil breaks the curtain with a mean riff, then they are calling out around the world again. Loving this NFA....can you tell? C'mon guys. Spin it or stream it. Just love it. I hope some of you respond in kind in what I noticed....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

okay,add this awesome Groove show to the list. so far, essential relistening top 5 30 Trips years are 1967 1968 1969 1970 best evr Dancing 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1979 1983
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 7 months

Sorry, I want to love the bolt and all the incredible music on it but the amount of work I'm going to have to put in to get these songs play in the correct order across all these shows makes me want to tear what's left of my hair out.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 4 months

I've had great experience with a free app called Bulk Rename Utility. You can rename files in folders and sub-folders using every imaginable condition you can think of. I'd give it a try.
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

I hear Dave Brubeck as well coming out of Good Lovin! Nice catch. 1976 keeps creeping up my "top o' the box" list. That 10 minute Sugaree is growing on me as well. peace and love peace and love P.S. try mp3tag to fix up your mp3 files
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Go Capitalism, go. I need you Capitalism, you are the only thing between me and being out on my ass. And besides, how else will I swing it (seat of pants, per my style) and PAY what are truly the big shining emblems of ripoff prices in modern American life.... health care, higher ed, and taxes. I can still eat, live, and enjoy most of the pleasures of modern life. But the doc, the prof and the taxman, I dunno... rapacious and rent-seeking. Help me Cap, help me pay them off.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Where's the scroll? It is a very nice product. The music quality is amazing. I have the same problems / complaints as others with the folders and file naming conventions, the fades. But we paid the same price as the box. We waited three months. And there's no digital copy of the scroll?? Why should the USB buyers get ANYTHING less for the same price?? I really think this should be made available to all USB buyers.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

The bolt weighs 177 gram, and the removable USB stick weighs 28 gram. This plugs directly into the USB on my laptop. Definitely USB 3.0.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

I'm still waiting on delivery of mine. Maybe by tonight. Can anybody say EXACTLY what is contained in the package? USB, of course. Is the physical book included, now? What about the much vaunted "Holiday Cheer" that was promised to us back in November?
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Purple box contains Gold Lightning Bolt, in a custom foam mould, USB Spec. Sheet.Mine came with a Backstage Pass from Shoreline May 23, 1993, and a ticket from Oakland Feb. 12, 1986. I believe the 'Holiday Cheer' will be coming separately.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

@Outpost So no book? I received an email on 11/16/2015 stating that "Dr. Rhino will be including a hard copy of the book with all USB orders as a small token of gratitude for your patience."
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

The "Holiday Cheer" is a pack of Xmas greeting cards in Grateful Dead style. There is a digital copy of the book on the USB. What is this "scroll" people are talking about? edit: I don't recall getting eamil about there being a physical copy of the book shipped out to those of us who ordered USB. That would be kind of nice actually.
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Outpost, PM sent. Also, I've been listening to the Selland Arena 7/19/74 show on Archive.org and it's a real nice show, great sound, unique playing. It portends well for Dave's Picks in 2016.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

IMHO, they should've included the HD files for everyone in boxset, whether on a fancy bolt (looks nice from picturs) or a one use download code. I don't have a need for the HD files now, but I'm sure down the road I will... I hit a stagnation wall with the 1985 trip - thought is was alright. Looked at some of the reviews from the date's page at dead.net and see it appears to be worthy of a fresh listen with open ears. Would love to get One Man's take on it when he revisits the 30 Trips version - he was at the show and spoke highly of the sbd or aud that was in circulation at the time. I use MP3Tag to relabel all my Dead music... Happy Friday!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

No physical book, and I didn't get any kind of email indicating there would be, just the 'holiday cheer'which I assume is more tickets.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

Here is the email from 11/16/2015Response Via Email(Melinda) - 11/16/2015 10:51 AM Hello, Thank you for contacting Dead.net customer service. I am sincerely sorry for the delays in shipping of your USB set. Unfortunately, as you may have heard, we have run into several road blocks in shipping out the physical box sets, so that has pushed back the shipping of the USB sets significantly. However, once we finish sending out the physical box sets, we will begin shipping the USB sets, at which point you should receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking. Additionally, we have received word that Dr. Rhino will be including a hard copy of the book included in the physical box sets with all USB orders as a small token of gratitude for your patience. Again, I apologize for the delay, but hopefully we'll be able to get the USB set out to you without the hiccups we've experienced with the physical box sets. If you have any further feedback regarding the shipment of your particular item, I encourage you to reach out to our supplier, Dr. Rhino, at drrhino@rhino.com for the most accurate and up-to-date information! If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know. Sincerely, Melinda
user picture

Member for

9 years

The ups guy drives around my neighborhood in a cart around Christmas. I knew it was coming today, but could wait no longer. I hopped in my van and headed him off at the pass. This is a thing beauty! Good old #449/1000 Solid, and when the USB slides out the entire 13 point Lightning Bolt remains, as the USB is removed from the lower half of the bolt. Great design Ticket: May 27, 1993 Cal Expo. Backstage pass: March 24, 1993 Chapel Hill North Carolina (Attended) "Some got six months, some got one solid"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

Anxious for this baby to arrive. Would appreciate any info for downloading into iTunes. Any and all advice / issues would be appreciated.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I do actually recall seeing that email previously, but maybe someone posted it ..... anyhow, my shipping confirmation arrived AFTER my USB !
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'm using XLD to convert FLAC > Apple Lossless, and then directly into iTunes. Album art is in the files, and then I'm just editing the tracks to show as Sets rather than discs.Very Hi Res files avg. 3000kbps. Sound great though ..... Viola Lee from 7/3/66 playing now ! Edit: converting file copies by the way, in case you're wondering !
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

.... did the usb stick come in the big box? How was the interior of the box designed to hold it. Did boltheads not get a physical book? Can anyone post a picture? I'm just curious. sidebar - If you have to bolt, will you just copy all the files to a hard drive and put the bolt on the shelf? Will you edit idtag/labels on the hard drive and then copy those to a cheap after market stick for listening? Can bolt be written over? That would suck.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Boltheads prove to me that for them it's all about the music. But, I need some reassurance. Personally, I couldn't imagine dropping this kind of coin for something unless it had more there there. With substance, bigger, tangible. Something that commands your attention, says 'I'm in the house' and 'I really mean business'. The wow factor. Something I can pass on down the line as an heirloom as well. I think the box fits that bill. Don't get me wrong, the bolt looks cool, but aren't the goods strictly a metal case, some plastic and digital files? That's something pretty small, slightly understated for the same price. I can't figure it, unless it's a market testing strategy. I personally couldn't fathom going for it. That's why I didn't think twice and went for the mondo box. I suppose for some it was all they had available because the box sold out. Other people probably didn't think twice and immediately went for the mondo bolt. There are going to be people 100% satisfied, completely and utterly stoked and I am glad for them. That's how I want it to be. I want EVERYONE to be happy. I think we all do. I am just trying to wrap my head around the digital only concept. I suppose a lot of cars have USB readers now. I suppose that's the way things are heading? Digital only? Dead.net is getting with the future then. Boltheads, are you happy with the product and value? Can you see I'm confused? Can anyone recommend a good Franklin's Tower? :-)
user picture

Member for

9 years

I can't speak for all who chose " The Bolt" but for myself the choice was an easy one.# 1 The files on Bolt will potentially sound better on a sound system able to reproduce the higher fidelity. This is the future of recorded music. More notes taking up less phiysical space. I can imagine this heirloom being passed down to the children of my children's kids.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

I agree with galvinized. I thought it would be much more convenient for playing on the go and in the car as well. That said, I thought then and still think now that that the bolt "box" should have included everything in the analog "box" except for the CDs themselves. Disappointing that the book was/is not being provided except as a digital pdf. While the tunes are the most important of course and I'd rather have the Hi Res files, on the bang for buck grid, I think the physical box wins.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

Transcoded to WAV, on a Mac, streaming to my DAC via iTunes. Started with '81. Audio is superior, communicates the music powerfully. Crystal clear, intense musical presentation. A masterpiece. The audio played back via the built in app is not as good as a transcoded WAV copy of the FLAC file. Perhaps the built in app is using the .mp3 files. Dennis Wilmot - the physical object is a simple and beautiful gold lightening bolt case with a USB part that you remove, stored in a small presentation case. Bummer we didn't get the printed book, but as Galvinized pointed out, this is the future. If you use the bolt directly (or clone it) there is a flash app (for mac, something else for PC) that accesses everything. Efficient, simple. I will certainly save the item, but copy everything over to an HDD for playback, and perhaps print out the book for reading. Others have noted, the files aren't tagged for a batch conversion for iTunes (or similar) music player. GDM omitted the disc # tag on the FLAC files. They are divided into separate disc folders on the USB, and therefore necessary to import disc (folder) by disc (folder) and tag. Same criticism applies to the .mp3 files. A minor inconvenience, in my opinion. Everyone has their own way of organizing and tagging files. File naming is helpful, each song includes the date and venue. Easy to batch remove and convenient to have so as to avoid losing track when making custom tags.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

.... same as galvanised and gerd65. I went for this for the Hi-Res music. I've stated previously that I have every official release on CD and loads of live CD-R's, but nowadays, when I get them, I upload them to Apple Lossless, and play through my system, which can handle these files. That way I can also listen in my car, on my bike, without having to take the physical media. I have my music files backed up twice (RAID + separate SDD).Don't get me wrong, I love my box sets, and have even bought Japanese Mini-LP Replicas of the 1st album > Skullfuck for the artwork. Pride of place in my home office is my framed Live Dead album cover. As for the USB, I'm not sure if it's overwritable (I'm not going to try), but have copied the files, to convert, which is no different to ripping the CD's. Not sure if it helped, but after waiting 3 months for the USB, it took only 2 days to get to me in the UK. Previously, box sets and Dave's Picks etc. have taken around 2 weeks to get here. The packaging is small, but cool. Edit: Pretty much same setup as ziffle, but playing back using Apple Lossless rather than WAV (might try that to compare). DAC to B&W Speakers/headphones.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

9.29.77 - Sugaree ; Let It Grow ; Franklin's Tower ! 4.10.78 - Dancing In The Street -> Drums -> Franklin's Tower -> Black Peter 4.1.84 - Help -> Slip -> Franklin's 6.27.84 - Merriweather ! and last, but not least are two from 1989 9.29.89 and 12.8.89 - both primo !!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'm going to jump into the one from '78 with both feet. I'm starting with Rhythm Devils because I love those percussion jams from 1978.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Boblopes, your memory is better than my own. You are correct, this is the only officially released show I attended. I remember stormy weather, Bob Weir having a sneezing fit, and my surprising ability to single-handedly bring the band back for an encore by whistling louder than anyone has ever whistled. I was working my way through 30 Trips chronologically, but thanks to you I detoured and listened to the first set of this today. Once I got over the dry, in-the-board audio mix and lack of Phil, I was surprised at how edgy Garcia's guitar playing became as he warmed to the task. I am certainly biased, but I found his playing completely thrilling on the last solo in Minglewood, but also Loser, and Let it Grow especially. I'll plug in the second set later. So far, I'm really glad this show is in the box. One big complaint -- Healy should have been fired by this point in time. His constant toying with the delay effect on the vocals is beyond annoying. If the band ever heard this tape they were probably pissed off. There is no excuse for that kind of intrusion by the guy who is supposed to be helping to make you sound professional. Jerk!
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I was not at that show, a friend offered me a tickets and I blew it off.. and it turned out to be killer. I should have gone . '85 had some great moments. Comes a Time is always special to me.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 10 months

I expect that at some point, sooner rather than later, we will see these shows being available for download. This won't happen until all the USB's are sold out, so I hope that happens soon. I guess that this whole delay in shipping has hurt their sales projections as TPTB would have thought that by Christmas they would be selling downloads ....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 3 months

Seems I still have three more days to wait. Good thing I ordered this the first week it was offered.........oh and of course no holiday cheer. Epic fail. At'll teach me. Now definitely grouchy. Arriving the first day of Winter. Guess I should be grateful that it's at least coming-venting.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

>>...toying with the delay effect on the vocals is beyond annoying.<< I just happen to be listening to this show as I read your post and I wholeheartedly concur. It's intrusive and unneccessary
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 4 months

Just got the USB.Music was very easy to upload but the digital book came as 2 seperate folders. One folder has the left hand pages as one would have in a standard book and the 2nd folder has the right hand pages.Does anyone know how to combine the two folders into one. Any help would be mu appreciated. Thank you
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

You should have a PDF titled USB_bk_spreads_08-31, which is the book.Also, if you go to the folder 'main' there is the book and the music, in a more interactive form.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

I've made it up to the 74 show. Every show so far has been beyond my expectations. I've listened to every show (66-74) at least 4 times. The 74 show is amazing.Glad the USB's are finally making to the customers but I am glad I went with the box. I think I would have "lost it" big time if I would have ordered the USB. These folks deserve a discount after this type of delay.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 4 months

Thank you. I am all set with the book but when I move the "main" folder to my desktop and open it up it does not allow me to access the book or music.Does the thumb drive need to be inserted for it to be interactive?
user picture

Member for

9 years

Try moving the PDF folder alone.The Bolt comes with 2 presentation segments. I for PC 1 for Mac. These are auto play presentations of the music(MP3), and the book. When the MP3s are played the Cover art is shown.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Add another enthusiastic Cobo '76 fan to the mix! Thanks for the thumbs-up recommendations from fellow posters. Don't own the box or bolt, but have been pickin' off desired shows from kind Deadhead vendors. Road Trips Vol. 4 No. 5 (6/9/76) from post-hiatus days has long been a personal favorite of mine, and this ranks right up there with it! Blessed holidays to all!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

So glad you finally got your product. As a happy owner of the Godzilla box for quite a while now, I check in here from time to time to see if you guys got your jollies yet. Of course the long delay was a spaced out fuckup but hey you're ordering from the Grateful Dead not Adele. But now I see posts about brain-scrambling file conversion issues! May I - as an old geezer with ol' fashion ways - simply now ask: aren't you wishing you got the box?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

Box arrived today. No hard copy of the book as was promised. FLAC files sorted by disc. MP3 not. As a result, going to take a couple maybe three hours to sort shows into iTunes to play in order.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....stumbled across 8.3.82 Starlight Theater earlier today. Nice surprise show....second set Shakedown-> Samson To Lay Me Down Let It Grow-> Jam-> Drumz-> Space-> He's Gone-> The Other One-> Stella Blue-> Sugar Mags Casey Jones ....oh yeah.... ....disappointed to hear the USB '73 show is mixed up too. Seems lazy on Rhino's part....
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Just had to finish off the '85 show today, and I'll say it sounds way better than I remember it. Sonic ridiculousness aside (thanks Healy) the playing is so exuberant and the setlist so unusual, that I can't help but love it. In my little circle at the time, we were not expecting "Smokestack Lightning", "Cryptical Envelopment" nor "Comes a Time" although well-connected heads knew these were possible, since they had all been played earlier that year. "Smokestack" signaled the first plundering of Pigpen's grave (other than "Good Lovin'", but that was such a different arrangement it might as well have been a new song) and I was sure it would not be the last. For me, highlights of the second set are the end of "Drums" into the beginning of "Space" (tune in for interesting on-stage chatter amidst the glorious chaos) and all of the Garcia tunes. (I'm not a fan of Weir's over-emoting at this stage of the band. His rap in "Good Lovin'" makes me cringe.) Even the "US Blues" is full of the best sort of Garcia energy, and it propels the whole band to a win. Now that I have broken my vow to listen chronologically, I will skip back to 1976, because y'all are on a roll with that one. And yes, that is me whistling like crazy before and after the encore. I can still do that, if anyone needs really loud whistling.
product sku