• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Evan Derek
    Default Avatar
    It is indeed a pleasure to see such great content on the web. I have created mine please checkout the latest collection of Happy Diwali Photos here.
  • rajyalamati
    Default Avatar
    Thank you very much for sharing the best post with needed stuff here.snapchat emoji meanings
  • aalpesh
    Default Avatar
    Excellent article. I really love itGanesh Chaturthi Wishes Ganesh images and picture
  • VIJAYAMALIYA
    Default Avatar
    Thank you very much for sharing the best post with needed stuff here..whatsapp plus best movie download sites
  • james7789
    Default Avatar
    123Movies
  • gowtham y
    Default Avatar
    HP Deskjet 2131 Drivers
  • philledawg
    That'd be 4 CD @Felt Forum '71 4-CD Set!
  • salmansb4300
    Default Avatar
    great article and thanks for sharing..best links ever green.. whatsapp apk download wifikill android youtube go download beta shareit app for android
  • salmansb4300
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp statusDownload Whatsapp
  • salmansb4300
    Default Avatar
    gbwhatsapp apkdual whatsapp whatsapp plus download gbwhatsapp
user picture

Member for

17 years

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

I've experienced that with CD-R's. The new player doesn't have problems when the old player does. I think that newer players are better at getting the data through a defect. There is an import setting in iTunes that does something like read the data around a defect repeatedly to figure it out. I always have that box checked when importing CDs.
user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

I've had that before with older players as well, but as you said, sounds like there is still something specific to the disc that it cannot read while newer ones can..better error tracking, or whatever. Given that and the fact that the rest of the box played fine on it, I'd still proceed with contacting Mary or Rhino for a replacement. Doesn't mean you can't also get a new player...just to be *sure. :D I got to do some listening today, finished the 1988 Trip this morning, and this afternoon have had a replay of the 1976 show. Unfortunately took a nap for a decent chunk of the first set, so need to relisten there. But really enjoying the Playin' and on sequence for this second time through.
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

Yeah the USB sounds great now but I had to plug it in different places over 13 times before it got recognized. I'm afraid to unplug it maybe won't work again.
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

Our family just got together for Christmas present exchange - I made out big. I got a subscription to 2016 Dave's Picks and the 30 Trips Around the Sun 80 CD Box. Does anyone have any favorite CD's from the big box? Also - what do I do on the off chance that one of the CD's is bad?
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

Numb. All the nightmares came today And it looks as though they're here to stay p,k
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

....and godspeed Mr. Bowie....cut my teeth on your videos during the 80's MTV revolution. Is there Life On Mars? I guess you know now. It's a sad Sunday evening....little China Girl....
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I never got to see David Bowie in concert, but when tickets went on sale for the Grateful Dead at Tinley Park, my buddy and I drove to Chicago to purchase them for what ended up being Brent's last shows. After scoring our tickets we drove to the still brand new World Amphitheatre in Tinley Park to check out the venue. The parking lot was wide open so we entered, parked, then walked up to the open entrance. They just so happen to be setting up for a David Bowie show that morning. They had a giant magic "Mirror On The Wall" shaped video screen above the stage for what looked like a fancy production. We never attended the Bowie show, but with Dead tickets in hand, drove back to Michigan after a full day of road "tripping" to attend a Steve Miller concert that evening. 1990 was a fun yet interesting year with big ups and major downs. RIP David Bowie
user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

So weird, we were just coming home from dinner Saturday night and played most of Hunky Dory, laughing because we both still knew all the words. We saw Bowie during the Glass Spider tour, it was good but we also were a little disappointed. We got tickets to 3 shows in NYC and Philly. Had high hopes, but all 3 shows were exactly the same. He didn't perform music, he put on a "show". Right down to the number of bows he took. But if he NEVER did more than Ziggy Stardust and Hunky Dory, he did enough! "Time takes a cigarette and puts it in your mouth....." RIP David.
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

I regularly watch the Ziggy Stardust DVD. Mick Ronson is way underated as a guitar player.I saw Bowie in '87 and '91/92. Peter Frampton played guitar on the '87 tour so that was an added bonus. SpaceBro I also drove to Chicago to buy Tinley Park tix and then saw Steve Miller that night. Val-Du-Lakes!!! Does that place stil exist?
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Always a fan, not a huge fan but a fan. Yesterday I decided to go to the $2 picture show. I had not seen THE MARTIAN. It has "Starman" by David Bowie as part of the score. Found out later that he had passed. Life is always full of little coincidences.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

I'm trying to make cd's from the 30 Trip flac files. What is the best process to do so?I decoded disc 1, 1973, from the usb file to a new folder on my pc. When I attempted to create a cd, with Nero, a message popped up saying the files are protected! Que pasa amigos?! I too am stunned about Bowie's death from cancer.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

This venue sat dormant for many years after the '90s. Several years ago they brought a season of concerts back, but has since been dormant again. Too bad, it was a great venue. Saw many great shows there. That Steve Miller show was a fun time. Way too long and vivid of a story to share at this time as I'll be typing for an hour. It was an adventure. One of my favorite shows at Val-Du-Lakes was the '94 HORDE festival with The Allman Brothers and Blues Traveler. Same weekend as Pink Floyd at the Pontiac Silverdome where they played Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety for the first time since the '70s, plus the Hubble telescope caught images of a comet hitting Jupiter. That weekend was possibly one of the most psychedelic experiences of my life. Those were the days...good times, and another story to share down the road.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 11 months

I do not think there will be a long version... Priors: 1. I started listening in '71, got hooked by 2/13/70 DS on cassette in '72, saw first concert in '74, got discouraged by '91. My tape listening has heavily favored '68 to '78. 2. I love exploratory jams, love the baroque compositions, love it when Garcia pushes the energy up ('71 summer!), and love it when Garcia gets 'angular' whether in note selection, note shaping or general mood. 3. What we all love about the "dead' sound is more due to Lesh than anyone else: Garcia's famous quote about "when Lesh is on the whole band is on" (paraphrased) really means--"unless Lesh is on the band is not on". Boxzilla Opinions (based on one chronological run-through): 1. This is a gorgeous well-selected box to represent the band throughout its history. Thank you to all involved from players, sound, management, to WLegate to DLa and DLe and JNorman, and all the recordists through the years. Thanks to Rhino! Thanks to all--wonderful! 2. We easily slip into describing eras of Dead by the keyboardists, and each keyboardist essentially does coincide with changes to the band's overall sound. I expect the truth is the keyboardists fit into Garcia and Lesh's desired sound, so to lay the blame on the keyboardists for an era that does not strike you is not fair. This box shows Godcheaux, Midland, and Welnick were all superb players. Welnick's work surprised me--his piano was especially good. I have often felt Brent was carrying/leading the band's energy. I say, leave the keyboardists alone--they were all accomplished and added significantly to the music. 3. Quick hits: '86 weakest, '79-'83 weak stretch (Lesh not recorded well? Lesh not playing well?) '84 and '85 were comebacks to me, with a fabulous Let It Grow on '84 for Garcia, and Lesh really came alive. Surprise--how much I liked '87-'95. '87-'89 even Garcia is into it, for the rest he is less adventurous but is keeping up in a more narrow range (the 'free jazz' DS's excepted--loved '89 DS), and the rest of the band is really playing. I expected '69 to blow me away, but thought the momentum kept being interrupted. Need to listen again. '82 found me wincing at times for Garcia--many songs late or flubbing entry into solos, uncertain where to go, paragraphs turned into a bar or two. '90 -92 somewhat mushy with too many players. Scarlet/Fire's through the years often an exception on the positive side. 4. Really positive about '67, '68, '70, '71, '87, '93, '94. My listening to '72 to '76 was interrupted a lot, so know I need to go back to those. 5. After I finished '95 yesterday, I thought back to listening to hissy cassettes in the '70s, when we all had the daydream the band would release everything with at least 'decent' sound--my fellow tape traders even said we could all go to SF and do our own taping if they would just let us. We are truly in a wonderous time for Dead listening. Please enjoy and cherish it.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Has anyone got a noise burst at around 7:40 of Schoolgirl?.....on the CD version. Just wondering if it's on the master....don't hear it on the Charlie Miller source.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I never really got into Bowie except a couple of the rock songs with Mick Ronson playing guitar. My taste ran more toward harder rock and then suddenly all that was supplanted by the GD, so there was no room for Ziggy. In the past year I've gravitated toward some of his early work, and recently sat with the current MOJO mag propped up at a restaurant table as if Bowie was joining us for dinner. Then, we played some of his first album yesterday in the car for no apparent reason. Now he's gone. The big rock stars are dropping fast. I shudder to imagine who we will lose this year. I know people have to die, so I need to get a grip. My heroes are generally about 10-15 years older than I am. It's fantastic that they leave behind bodies of work that have no expiration date.
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

I saw both of those Floyd shows at the Silverdome. Yes, second night, second set was a complete DSOTM. The whole show was the same as what is on the Pulse DVD. I was on the floor both nights, had a great time..... I also saw at the Silverdome: Bowie 87, The Who 89 (about a week or so after GD at Alpine Valley), Rolling Stones 89 (The Stones were good but The Who was waaaaay better!!! They always have been!). I wanted GD to play the Silverdome. Don't know why they didn't, maybe rent was too high? Easier in/out and parking than Soldier Field and a roof in case it rains/snows (could have played it in fall or spring too).
user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

The Ziggy Stardust DVD has lots of Mick Ronson, 'Width of a Circle' is a treat.Just checked Amazon, there's some price gouging going on for the DVD. Wait for the price to drop, then pick it up, it's worth it. I wish there were more Ziggy live recordings available.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

I was lucky enough to see him once.The Sound & Vision tour,don't remember the year.Adrian Belew was on guitar with him which was a great surprise.. bummer Edit:1990-05-09 Dean Smith Center-Chapel Hill,N.C. Good 'ole Wikipedia still a bummer though
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 11 months

With 16 bit FLAC, there are free downloadable decoders (I use FLAC Frontend) to decode to WAV. However, the FLAC files in Boxilla are 24 bit, I believe. Therefore, an extra step must be used to convert the 24 bit to 16 bit FLAC, prior to decoding to WAV. I believe there are free programs to do this as well, but you would have to do some searching. Edit/update: I found this: http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/24bit-16bit-flac.html I would look for some reviews of the program before installing, but something like this is what you are looking for.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

Dave's got a new video up on the subscription page.:)
user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Saw Bowie twice - once at Sullivan Stadium for the Serious Moonlight tour in 1983. It rained all day and seemed to have stopped just as he walked out on stage (unlike Dead at RFK in 1990 where it seemed like it rained only when the Dead played, but I digress). I remember WBCN, Boston Radio Station, had devoted the entire day to playing Bowie A to Z, filled up a bunch of Maxells before I had to head to meet up with my friends to go to the show. My last tape reached the H's and ended on one of my all time favorite Bowie tunes (Heroes). I saw him again with Nine Inch Nails where he was the headliner but everybody was there for NIN. Liked both bands and liked the show, but only recognized a couple of songs which I seem to recall were from his dark period (Eno Fripp period in Berlin). Cool transition from NIN to Bowie. I would say that the Serious Moonlight tour was a better show.
user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

I can imagine the one show I saw was on the serious Moonlight tour. It was end of May, 1983, at the Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernadino, CA, for one of the four days of The Us Festival. The day Bowie performed included sets by Berlin, Quarterflash, Missing Persons, Joe Walsh, The Pretenders, Stevie Nicks and U2. I'd like to expand on more details, but it was over 32 years ago and I wasn't but four years out of high school. We are both great fans, in this household, and are taking this similar to how I handled John Lennon being shot in NYC. Had just downloaded Blackstar the night before.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

just so you know. those are NOT coincidences.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Okay... forgive me for asking this, but it's eating me alive. I was out of the GD for a few years, and missed several of the last Dick's Picks and all of the Road Trips Series when they were initially released. I'm now piecing my collection of what I missed together, slowly but surely, and I've made quite a dent. Can someone tell me.... Why in bloody hell is the RT Vol, #3 so outrageously priced on the secondary market when compared to other Road Trips releases?? I'm assuming it still had the same number of units produced, so there wouldn't be a scarcity issue. And I do realize it's a show from the Fillmore East in 1970, so I've already assumed that it's sonic gold. But why such an extreme difference in price?? I'm hoping that there's a logical explanation for this of which I'm completely unaware.
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

It's the crown jewel of the Road Trip series.
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I was just responding when I read the fine response by mhammond. I would add, because it's really flipping good and the one that deep down inside you want the most. It has my absolute favorite acoustic GD I have in my collection (other than studio). No rotten tomato's from the Reckoning lovers out there.. but this one really speaks to me. Voice from On High and Cold Jordan sound sooooo gooood. I'm fairly sure this is the version of Cold Jordan that appears on Festival Express.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

It was the first 3 CD Road Trip and had a 4th bonus disk. It still isn't both shows complete though, it is missing the Candyman from the late show. Before that the Road Trips were 2 CD releases and the bonus disk made 3.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

For all those interested in Bowie.....check out Beck on youtube performing sound and vision in the round. Just a hair-raising version that let's you know what music is capable of.
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

...though just a shorthanded release title, nonetheless reverberates with the same chronological gravitas as "Five Eight" or "Twelve Twenty-Nine"; and even among Heads, who begin musical discussions with a high degree of common understanding, it's difficult to effectively quantify just how remarkable an historical document this is. For me, it's the alchemical combination of (1) acoustic and electric comprising (2) conventional setlist components - played in uniformly extraordinary fashion - mixing fluidly with the truly exotic that (3) are performed in a unique crucible where emerging interest in folk and country melded with the tailings of acidic exploration, giving rise to shows that could organically - and plausibly (!) - accommodate wildly diverse fauna from the stark, lilting beauty of Long, Black Limousine and Silver Thread to a roaring, 60-minute, F5, electric tornado of DS>St.S>NFA>Lovelight. Anyway, have a listen with evening tea, if you've not already... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxmCyo4jldzXzS_x-CpbY_s-ZSmjiRtbB KY: Are you looking for the 3cd set or are you determined to obtain the bonus disc? (which I would if I could, but never will at current rates, or anything like them) /peace, K
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

....the second disc is platinum Dead. I don't have the bonus, but I'm not complaining. Awesome sounding '70 Dead is hard to come by, and I feel blessed to have it....don't hate me, but I paid $40 for it four years ago....hit the lottery early.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Ultimately, I'm looking for the entirety, bonus disc included. However, I'd settle for just the 3-disc package. I have to say... I love reading your posts for the sheer enjoyment I find in your use of the English language. I'm confident that you're not really FROM eastern Kentucky. And if you are, you should really consider a future position as an English teacher!
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

......I see we're both transplants to the only state dumb enough to elect Rand's special brand of stillborn intellect, though I'm a bit farther east in origin from PA (Boston) and, now, a veritable light year culturally from Louisville (the eastern mountain coalfields). I used to live in the Highlands near (what used to be) the remarkably bohemian scene along Bardstown Road...sadly, money has blighted the area in pursuit of an authentic bourgeois experience (think: cut open the ball to discover it's bounce). A fellow attorney as well; I believe I actually met C.W.H.Jr. when I was young and tagging at my father's side during some civic event back in the early 90s. Anyway, glad you found us!/peace, K
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

Save us from the political attacks. Kate.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

My two hundredths of one dollar say that I come here to avoid all politics if possible. Kate is so forgivable that I forgive her. I won't even mention that I am glad to hear she is swinging for the "right" (not the Right) team. Oh, what a time to observe this disaster from afar. Now, back to 30 Trips 1971. It's treating me well although the 1970 show is at the absolute top of my faves from the big box, as I listen chronologically. At this rate it's gonna take me a year, and that's fine. Commuter listening has been taken up with the 18 CD 65-66 Dylan box and a latent dive into all things Velvet Underground. (I recommend the complete 1969 Matrix club recordings, recently released.)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

After listening to all of the shows several times now, '70 has emerged as my early fave. Disc 2 is pure jamming bliss! This is what music is all about Rock on
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

or "the one that got away" as I like to call it. I was a little too late to the Dave Lemieux party (had no idea all this stuff was being released until a couple years ago) to get my hands on RT 3.3 at any kind of reasonable price. I remember this one well though, the "Now now kids, don't fight" right before Silver Threads and Golden Needles, evokes a distant memory of a well-worn cassette from 30 years ago. If only I had won powerball, RT 3.3 would be mine.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

@dantian I'm not sure if you already have the music and just want the physical release, but I would be happy to get you the music if you're interested.
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

And 1967 still takes the cake for me, with 1968 and 1973 as wonderful but distant seconds. I just finished the AMAZING third disc from 1973! It's all good, but 1971 and 1972 didn't do much for me, but then again, we already had a lot of GREAT 1972 already, and early 1971 usually doesn't do much for me. On to Dijon! UPDATE: Halfway through disc one of 1974, and I'm slack-jawed at the sound and performance. Yee-haw!!
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Easy Doc, easy does it, eeeaassy does it - I'll take care of this. Uh, Brew - did you say early '71 doesn't do it for you? I mean, we all love Keith, I get that - so of course early '71 seems a little off - but don't you love yourself some early '71 Pigpen on the organ (check out the Wharf Rat on 30 Trips '71); or you must love yourself some February Port Chester or April Fillmore East (last Alligator / best Jam, no? - not the best UJB ever? ok maybe 2nd best?). You know, I get where you're coming from - one time I wasn't into early '71 and came to found the right speaker wire somehow got unplugged - did you check all your physical connections? Or maybe the EQ is off a little bit - one time that happened to me, where I had the mid-range turned way down after listening to some '74, then whoa, I put on Three From The Vault and couldn't hear any of the vocals. Check some of that stuff out and give it another spin, see how things are then. I mean the set list on 30 Trips '71 is crazy mofo good - we're talking Playing, Truckin', Casey, Sugar Mag, Uncle John's, etc, etc.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

I was talking about the release, I do have the music already. I appreciate the offer though.
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

I'm hoping that Forensic Doc doesn't read my post! :) I'll keep trying, but mid-1969 through 10/19/71 isn't my sweet spot . . .
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

Have you guys tried Discogs? I've scored some rare Dead there for a comparatively reasonable price (at least compared to e-bay/amazon) for some RT and rarer Dead. You'll have to put it on a wishlist and wait, most likely. And beware as some sellers aren't familiar with the bonus disc/non bonus disc in the titles, but if you ask you'll get a response. But for my money, RT 3.3 is the best 1970 release out there. Way better than DP8 or DP4, even. Yes, missing the Candyman from the 2nd show, but still, really strong. Amazing sounding. Only other RT that comes close is Denver + the 2011 subscription disc (also a 3+1 situation).
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

as one who has actually physically been in the Jordan river in this lifetime. I can tell you, though it might sometimes be a bit chilly, I can honestly say that it is neither deep nor wide...little more than what we here in the USA might call a "creek" in some places, in fact. That cold spring in the Golan Heights, on the other hand, was so damned cold it stole my breath away and almost gave me a freakin' heart attack...in the arms of a statuesque blond (my girlfriend's older sister!) who almost drowned me with her spontaneous hugs in the frigid waters. Ahhh...memories. Great song, though, "Cold Jordan."
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Great story, Dantian. ..but the mighty Jordan was likely mightier a couple hundred (or a thousand) years ago before developments and cities got big over there. I'm sure the time of the year matters too. The mighty Colorado doesn't even make it to the Gulf of California in Mexico anymore.. Most of it flows to Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Phoenix now. VGuy alone is rumored to have several dozen swimming pools and a Bengal tiger. Anyway.. great song and great to see Road Trips 3.3 get some love. Great release and furthers my desire to organize a coups d'état and take back the vault. If there is any decent 1970 left in the vault it needs to be heard. Brother wjon should be just about finished with the tunnel he is building in Burbank. We still need some fast, nimble heavy machinery to pull this off. I am meeting the Sean Penn next week, he should be able to help. ________________________________ Edit: From Wikipedia "In modern times, the (Jordan) waters are 70% to 90% used for human purposes and the flow is greatly reduced. In 1964, Israel began operating a pumping station that diverts water from the Sea of Galilee to the National Water Carrier. Also in 1964, Jordan constructed a channel that diverted water from the Yarmouk River, another main tributary of the Jordan River to the East Ghor Canal. Syria has also built reservoirs that catch the Yarmouk's waters. Environmentalists blame Israel, Jordan and Syria for extensive damage to the Jordan River ecosystem. The flow rate of the Jordan River once was 1.3 billion cubic metres per year; as of 2010, just 20 to 30 million cubic metres per year flow into the Dead Sea." Desert dwellers love water. Environmentalists blame Israel, Jordan and Syria. I blame Bolo.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

....no swimming pools or tigers in my backyard, but I do have a couple of goldfish!! Namely Mickey & Bill. Does that count? ....on a more depressing note, my lovely Nevadan legislation recently slapped the solar industry here with a 40% tax hike, basically shutting them down. Looks like NVEnergy gets to keep that monopoly. Thousands of jobs lost between two huge solar companies here. Also effects home owners that went solar on their roofs to save money and the environment. And get this. The hike is retroactive. Ahhhh....the American Dream. Hard to get that these days it seems....
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I must have confused you with my other Vegas friend. ..but what you say? That news of energy legislation shenanigans makes my brain hurt.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

The water is being procured for our new Deadhead settlement, Dito Mancante, which is a lovely island oasis located near the heel of Italy's boot. I purchased the island with the leftover proceeds from the never-realized "Terrapin Station" complex that we all paid for. Since water will soon be worth more than crude oil, I have hired General Lyuben Gocev and his Bulgarian mafia to protect our shipments from the Jordan. He will also serve as Director of Lawn Games at our new home.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

Just my opinion:Background info: i saw all my shows in the eighties and nineties, but my favorite years for listenig are 69 to 78 . 67,68,69 and 70 from the box are mind blowing!!! 71, I found to be very average.....sick caution jam yes, but the preceding gdtrfb and nfa away were not that good especially when compared to others from that year. 72,73,74 and 75 , all very good shows 76 didnt do it for me. 77,78,79 and 80 all very nice shows. 81,82,83,84 and85 are all good shows but the sound quality takes away from the enjoyment, especially 81 as the sound limps out of my speakers, crawls across the floor and then hides under the couch before it gets tome. I dont want anymore 80s shows if this is how its going to sound. 86 boo. 87 love that second set. 88 ok. I was there, Dave picked the wrong night. 89 didnt do mUch for me. 90 liked it 91 probably in the minority, but this and nassauwith Branford dont exite me. The rest were fair, with 94 at the top of those. Thanks to Dave and Rhinofor all the release. PLEASE RELEASE THE ARK 69 as a nice tidy little box set!
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I'm in. When can I get started on the vineyard?
product sku