• 11 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    7" Singles Collection 2019 Subscription

We're back with the highly-collectible 7” vinyl series and a subscription to that series, to boot. We're eight deep into the chronological releases of each of the Grateful Dead's singles. 2019 will see the next batch remastered on 7-inch colored vinyl featuring newly commissioned artwork, each limited to 10,000 copies and available exclusively at dead.net. Didn't subscribe last year but want to collect the whole set? Singles 1-8 are available a la carte in the Dead.net store.

The first release, arriving March 1, will be 1973's “Eyes Of The World” b/w "Weather Report Pt. 1.” This limited-edition reissue features newly remastered audio, transferred from the original analog master tape of the mono single mix, mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser with original artwork by Matt McCormick.

Other volumes to be released in 2019 include:

“U.S. Blues’”/“Loose Lucy”

“The Music Never Stopped”/“Help On The Way”

“Franklin's Tower”/“Help On The Way”*

*Features A B-Side So Good They Included It Twice

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Dennis

Check pm

also thoughts and skeptic

• dawgwood

I see that I'm not the only one who never received the download link for the Volume 12 singles Franklin's Tower/Help On The Way. Here I was thinking I accidentally deleted the email, but apparently an email was never sent out for that issue. I would still love to have it though.

• skepticalthinker
    Default Avatar

I never got the download for #12 either. Anyone know how to het it?

• ThoughtsOfMyOwn

i too did not receive my digital download for Vol. 12

• ThoughtsOfMyOwn

the concept behind this multi-year subscription is to re-create the original single releases in the order they were releaesed.....back in 1975, the two vinyl singles that were released originally both had Help On The Way as their Side B song.....so that's the reason why this 2019 subscription had two consecutive releases with the same song on side B.

• Dennis

anyone get the link for the digital download of #12

• gschoonover
    Default Avatar

Can we get an answer to the question on why Help On The Way is being released twice back-to-back for a subscription package?

• CaseyJanes
    B Side So Good They Included It Twice.....WTF????

Why would they include the same song twice on back to back singles......guess someone really needed some HELP! Is it the same version of the song with different artwork? Makes no sense if it's the same song......kind of a rip off for a subscription to have repeats? Does anyone have further insight on this?

• mbarilla
    Need info ? Help Pre-order early bird price

What is the cutoff date for 7 inch Early Bird price pre-order ? I don't see it mentioned here, but I know cutoff for Dave's Picks is tonight November 9 at midnight. I just ordered the Dave's picks in the nick of time. I hope pre-order for the single series is a couple more weeks.

• Deadheadbrewer

I feel like Chevy Chase in the pool scene from Vacation . . . "This is crazy . . . " because I just ordered all the singles that have been released, PLUS a 2019 Singles subscription. Why is that crazy?--I don't even own a record player! But the artwork on the singles, particularly this year, is just too good not to have and display in my Grateful Dead den.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

7" Singles Collection 2019 Subscription

We're back with the highly-collectible 7” vinyl series and a subscription to that series, to boot. We're eight deep into the chronological releases of each of the Grateful Dead's singles. 2019 will see the next batch remastered on 7-inch colored vinyl featuring newly commissioned artwork, each limited to 10,000 copies and available exclusively at dead.net. Didn't subscribe last year but want to collect the whole set? Singles 1-8 are available a la carte in the Dead.net store.

The first release, arriving March 1, will be 1973's “Eyes Of The World” b/w "Weather Report Pt. 1.” This limited-edition reissue features newly remastered audio, transferred from the original analog master tape of the mono single mix, mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser with original artwork by Matt McCormick.

Other volumes to be released in 2019 include:

“U.S. Blues’”/“Loose Lucy”

“The Music Never Stopped”/“Help On The Way”

“Franklin's Tower”/“Help On The Way”*

*Features A B-Side So Good They Included It Twice

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 8 months

:)
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

I feel like Chevy Chase in the pool scene from Vacation . . . "This is crazy . . . " because I just ordered all the singles that have been released, PLUS a 2019 Singles subscription. Why is that crazy?--I don't even own a record player! But the artwork on the singles, particularly this year, is just too good not to have and display in my Grateful Dead den.

What is the cutoff date for 7 inch Early Bird price pre-order ? I don't see it mentioned here, but I know cutoff for Dave's Picks is tonight November 9 at midnight. I just ordered the Dave's picks in the nick of time. I hope pre-order for the single series is a couple more weeks.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Why would they include the same song twice on back to back singles......guess someone really needed some HELP! Is it the same version of the song with different artwork? Makes no sense if it's the same song......kind of a rip off for a subscription to have repeats? Does anyone have further insight on this?

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

anyone get the link for the digital download of #12

user picture

Member for

4 years 2 months

In reply to by gschoonover

the concept behind this multi-year subscription is to re-create the original single releases in the order they were releaesed.....back in 1975, the two vinyl singles that were released originally both had Help On The Way as their Side B song.....so that's the reason why this 2019 subscription had two consecutive releases with the same song on side B.

I see that I'm not the only one who never received the download link for the Volume 12 singles Franklin's Tower/Help On The Way. Here I was thinking I accidentally deleted the email, but apparently an email was never sent out for that issue. I would still love to have it though.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/7-singles-collection-2019-subscription.html