• 3 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    All we need is music, sweet music...

There'll be music everywhere

2020 will see the next batch of limited-edition singles remastered on 7-inch colored vinyl. Each features newly commissioned artwork and will only be available at dead.net. Didn't subscribe last year but want to collect the whole set? Singles 1-11 (soon to be 1-12) are available a la carte in the Dead.net store.

The first release, arriving March 1, will be (you guessed it) 1977's “Dancin' In The Streets” b/w "Terrapin Station.” This limited-edition reissue features newly remastered audio, transferred from the original analog master tape of the stereo single mix, mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser with original artwork by Helen Kennedy.

Other volumes to be released in 2020 include:

“Passenger”/“Terrapin Station”

“Good Lovin'”/“Stagger Lee”

“Shakedown Street"/"France"

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Jason Wilder
    Default Avatar

For all these releases, it has been obvious to me which song is depicted on the front & rear of the sleeve. And that has corresponded to what seems to be the A/B sides of the release.

The only exceptions are the Eyes/Weather Report & Music Never Stopped/Help on the Way releases.

On the former, I though the front picof the desert sands "Circle songs and sands of time" is clearly Weather Report. Plus, talk of desert springs & waters all are dry. The back looks like Eyes "sometimes we ride your horses". Am I off or do you think they just reversed the A/B side pictures or listing?

Ditto on Music/Help. I don't really get a strong depiction of either song from the art. But the speaker with the thumbs up on the back says Music to me, and the boat almost at the island says more Help on the Way. Again, am I off or do you think they just switched the A/B order?

• marye
    send me a PM with the details and I'll see what the Doc can do.
  • skepticalthinker
    Default Avatar

Just got #13 and the link for the download. But I never got a link for #12 when I got the vinyl. Anyone know how to get the missing digital for #12?

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

All we need is music, sweet music...

There'll be music everywhere

2020 will see the next batch of limited-edition singles remastered on 7-inch colored vinyl. Each features newly commissioned artwork and will only be available at dead.net. Didn't subscribe last year but want to collect the whole set? Singles 1-11 (soon to be 1-12) are available a la carte in the Dead.net store.

The first release, arriving March 1, will be (you guessed it) 1977's “Dancin' In The Streets” b/w "Terrapin Station.” This limited-edition reissue features newly remastered audio, transferred from the original analog master tape of the stereo single mix, mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser with original artwork by Helen Kennedy.

Other volumes to be released in 2020 include:

“Passenger”/“Terrapin Station”

“Good Lovin'”/“Stagger Lee”

“Shakedown Street"/"France"

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

Just got #13 and the link for the download. But I never got a link for #12 when I got the vinyl. Anyone know how to get the missing digital for #12?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

send me a PM with the details and I'll see what the Doc can do.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

For all these releases, it has been obvious to me which song is depicted on the front & rear of the sleeve. And that has corresponded to what seems to be the A/B sides of the release.

The only exceptions are the Eyes/Weather Report & Music Never Stopped/Help on the Way releases.

On the former, I though the front picof the desert sands "Circle songs and sands of time" is clearly Weather Report. Plus, talk of desert springs & waters all are dry. The back looks like Eyes "sometimes we ride your horses". Am I off or do you think they just reversed the A/B side pictures or listing?

Ditto on Music/Help. I don't really get a strong depiction of either song from the art. But the speaker with the thumbs up on the back says Music to me, and the boat almost at the island says more Help on the Way. Again, am I off or do you think they just switched the A/B order?

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/7-singles-collection/7-singles-collection-2020-subscription.html