• 200 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    DAVE'S PICKS 2019 SUBSCRIPTION

Well, starting out our 9th year of the Dave's Picks series, you might be asking, "how can they outdo the previous 28 Dave's Picks?" We sure are aiming to do so! As you'd expect, we receive many suggestions and requests for releases, and one of the top vote-getters on a consistent basis is 2/26/77, and we're thrilled to start the year with such an exceptional, sought-after show. Just as we started 2018 with an upper-echelon A+ Dead show (11/6/77 Binghamton, NY), that's exactly how we're beginning 2019. And just like the three spectacular shows that followed in 2018 (11/17/71 Albuquerque, NM; 9/2/83 Boise, ID; and 6/17/76 Passaic, NJ), we're planning on an equally strong 2019, filled with surprises and excellent playing throughout. Exciting times ahead! Thanks to everyone who's supported the series both from its inception in 2012, to all of the more recent subscribers. We REALLY appreciate the faith you have in us to consistently deliver great Dead shows to your door four times per year with the Dave's Picks series. We work hard on all aspects of our releases to make sure you'll be as thrilled with the finished, delivered CD as we are. Dave's Picks Vol. 29 will likely go down as one of the most well-received Picks in the series, and the show we're considering for Vol. 30 (plus the Bonus Disc!) will be another smashingly wonderful release. As all of the subscription hoopla indicates, there are plenty of benefits to subscribing, not least of which is ensuring you'll definitely receive all four releases in 2019. It's going to be a great year! Thanks again for coming along for the ride; great times ahead!

David Lemieux

October 2018

You just can't get enough! And neither can we. The Dave's Picks Series is summer love, spring, fall, and winter. So in 2019 we're turning up the Dave's Picks production run to 20,000 of each of the four releases. We've said it before and we'll say it again - while this means there will be more to go around, the best advice we have to give is... subscribe. When these releases go up for sale a la carte, they sell out within hours. Hours. No hyperbole here. The only way to avoid disappointment and be guaranteed all four Dave's Picks in 2019 is to subscribe.

In addition to the four CD releases in 2019, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription-exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought after collectables we’ve ever released and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92). EARLY BIRD SUBS WILL END ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018 AT 11:59PM.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

And yet, some people still won’t subscribe, and will then complain when they get shut out.

• Trainwrecked

Could you be more vague on where it skips. Ha, just kidding of course, just thought it was funny you took time to post, but offered no further information that what he already knew. Did you find that piece of paper where you wrote it down yet? I'm curious about disc 1

• Charlie3

For me disc 1 skipped on Promised Land, and disc 3 skipped on Let It Grow.

• Lovemygirl

...hey keithfan , my Picks 28 skiped on the third disc but also I had a problem on disc one as well. I can’t remember what part, I wrote it down some where I gotta find it...

• KeithFan2112

Thanks Wilfred T & Icecreamconekid. I've listened to Let it Grow a bunch of times, but not Dancin', will check it out.

Looking forward to finding out what DaP 30 will be......last year they revealed DaP 26 with Bonus Disc on 12/21....should be soon then....

• Vguy72

https://streamable.com/99giz
    .... apparently, he didn't have the angle. Ha!

• icecrmcnkd

Mine was on Let It Grow, I think it started at 1:40.

• wilfredtjones

Track 4 within the first 2.5 minutes. It's around 'Dances the Circular Track' part of the lyric...

Hope this helps keithfan.

• KeithFan2112

I thought I read that disc 3 had a skip in the same place for multiple users. Where is it? I don't recall hearing any skips, but I'll go to the exact spot and check it out if one of you kind folks could point me to the right song(s).

• gerhard
    Default Avatar

Anyboby got any idea what that smashing Dave's Picks 30 is gonna be? 1969? 1972? Or what? Just thinking ...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

DAVE'S PICKS 2019 SUBSCRIPTION

Well, starting out our 9th year of the Dave's Picks series, you might be asking, "how can they outdo the previous 28 Dave's Picks?" We sure are aiming to do so! As you'd expect, we receive many suggestions and requests for releases, and one of the top vote-getters on a consistent basis is 2/26/77, and we're thrilled to start the year with such an exceptional, sought-after show. Just as we started 2018 with an upper-echelon A+ Dead show (11/6/77 Binghamton, NY), that's exactly how we're beginning 2019. And just like the three spectacular shows that followed in 2018 (11/17/71 Albuquerque, NM; 9/2/83 Boise, ID; and 6/17/76 Passaic, NJ), we're planning on an equally strong 2019, filled with surprises and excellent playing throughout. Exciting times ahead! Thanks to everyone who's supported the series both from its inception in 2012, to all of the more recent subscribers. We REALLY appreciate the faith you have in us to consistently deliver great Dead shows to your door four times per year with the Dave's Picks series. We work hard on all aspects of our releases to make sure you'll be as thrilled with the finished, delivered CD as we are. Dave's Picks Vol. 29 will likely go down as one of the most well-received Picks in the series, and the show we're considering for Vol. 30 (plus the Bonus Disc!) will be another smashingly wonderful release. As all of the subscription hoopla indicates, there are plenty of benefits to subscribing, not least of which is ensuring you'll definitely receive all four releases in 2019. It's going to be a great year! Thanks again for coming along for the ride; great times ahead!

David Lemieux

October 2018

You just can't get enough! And neither can we. The Dave's Picks Series is summer love, spring, fall, and winter. So in 2019 we're turning up the Dave's Picks production run to 20,000 of each of the four releases. We've said it before and we'll say it again - while this means there will be more to go around, the best advice we have to give is... subscribe. When these releases go up for sale a la carte, they sell out within hours. Hours. No hyperbole here. The only way to avoid disappointment and be guaranteed all four Dave's Picks in 2019 is to subscribe.

In addition to the four CD releases in 2019, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription-exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought after collectables we’ve ever released and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92). EARLY BIRD SUBS WILL END ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018 AT 11:59PM.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

.....SWING AUDITORIUM 2.26.77!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! I would find it hard to believe that anyone would bitch about this one, but I'm sure someone will.

user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

Holy $hit this is FINALLY coming! People will be/should be very happy about the initial offering in 2019...clamor has always been bright for this one.

Ninety-nine bucks....what a Steal Your Face.

And if you read the fine print, they are upping the subs to 20K....hopefully this will ALSO accommodate those who know it's their best chance and true duty to grab a sub while they last.

Awesome sauce.
Sixtus

user picture

Member for

13 years 11 months

Subscribed again as I have every year since inception. The best bargain for live Dead that you can get; bring on '77 and another show from the '80's and one from the '60's and this will be the best Dave's season yet!

user picture

Member for

6 years 1 month

...from 2/27??!!! Holy schmoligans!

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I was waffling until that tight shot on the pelican.

Who am I kidding. 4 shows delivered straight to the dog house? I was in all along. I was just playing dead.

Here's hoping for a show from '68-'70 and another from '72-'74 this year.

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

Going to smoke a couple fatties and jam out to the Wall of Sound ~ 5.17.74

And so it begins. Dave's Picks 2019

Dave L.

Look for me on Shakedown Street

Mississippi Half Step -> Franklins Tower

Candyman

Cosmic Charlie

Friend of the Devil

Morning Dew -> Sugar Magnolia

user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

I was on the fence for the subscription. Then they announce this must have. Renewed again. I am weak.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 4 months

Yep...and there’s that classic show Dave was talking abt seaside for DP28 release. I’ll take that upgrade from my XLIIs!

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

I ready for this one, very nice recording, very nice period.

I assume everyone saw the 7" collection was announced.

Did anyone get asked to set up an account for "buying", had to enter all info for both 7" and DaP 2019. Didn't see anyway to enter. But I did not "order" from my "home?" page (the one with my icon on top right), my order page didn't have that on it.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

That's all white by me!

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Just stumbled upon the new subscription. Did any of you get an email yet? I just would like to make sure I’m still getting emails about new releases what with the new website and all......

Edit: never mind.........just now got an email......LOL

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Isn't 2/26/77 a Betty? Surprised there's no mention in the blurb.

. . . and now for a round of whack-a-re-capcha-mole!?

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Looks like another banner year shaping up. Love to remain a subscriber. I think we are going into Dave’s 20th year as Vault Archivist.

Happy Anniversary, Dave!

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Well, 29 is going to rank right up there...Wow!

I'm almost as pumped for the bonus material as I am for the main release. Time to find reels 1-4. Awesome!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 3 months

I didn't have to ask or for it or argue over it this year my because the wife came home from work & put the DP 2019 subscription printed order confirmation page under a magnet on the fridge, with the note MERRY CHRISTMAS on top of it. I love my non Deadhead wife. PLAY DEAD as it's Daves Picks Day.

user picture

Member for

11 years 2 months

Only the second DP release (# 5 UCLA being the other) that I was at, I believe...and ordering the subscription was done with no problems...thankee thankee thankee!!!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

Well, I broke down and subscribed for the first time. I only have a handful of Dave's Picks including #2, 11, 27 and maybe 2 others and most Dick's Picks which I've always loved.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Wilfred t - I can't find a track listing for Dave's Picks 29. What is the bonus material? You sound pretty stoked about it. For my part, I've been looking forward to this show for a very long time. Probably the only 1977 show that is still left to be released that I'm really stoked about. I tell you this is the best Slipknot! ever!

DaP 27, 28, & 29 - back-to-back-to-back Help=> Slip => Franklin's

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

(From the seaside chat) Bonus material is Reel #5: Terrapin>Dew, Sugar Mags. -e- JBG

This material has previously only been available in AUD form. Reels 1-4 are missing from the vault, but here's hoping they will roll their way back safely home...

P.S. edit I'm with you that 2-26 is a tentpole show. I am also fond of the trio of shows from October 10-28 through 10-30. SMU 10-15 is also a wonderful show, but the sound from what's always been available via tapes and archives has been lacking. I really like Oct. 77. 10-2 anyone?

P.S. edit 2: I wonder when they're going to do something else from June of '85. I think all we've gotten from then so far has been River Bend that's on 30 Trips.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Man, you ain't got 5, 13 or 23? Those are must haves IMHO!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

I can not find any information on the upcoming Jerry Garcia box set, where is it located?

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

I got an email notice about the almanac today and the Dave's Picks subscription information was in that email.

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

Wow, logged right in and bought the sub and, no site crashing, no drama.

Wow... just wow.

:-)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years

Might as well add my excitement to the mix...There’s a few shows that I’ve been hoping for since- well, who knows how long. And Swing is one of those that many have wondered if, or when it will finally get the release spotlight. Just to finally hear that Slipknot after Norman’s magical touch. That 2/27 bonus material is a revelation- for some reason I mistakenly believed Betty didn’t record that show. If Binghamton last year caused some increased subscription interest, which seems likely since another 77 gem kicks off this year, I wonder when Dekalb will make it’s way into the hands of Norman. In terms of unreleased ‘77, those are the 1-2 for me- Swing and Dekalb. And March at Winterland is another on my ‘77 wish list. I also wonder what are the other top shows in terms of requests Dave gets- 6/10/73-10/25/73. And because why not, how about a late 80’s Dave’s Pick or a Hornsby show. Sometimes it doesn’t feel like Hornsby gets the attention he deserves- he’s an outstanding presence on stage. And there’s some great ‘91 shows that are more than worthy of release. 6/25/91-8/16/91-9/26/91 and on. Would be a nice Dave’s Picks curveball if number 31 is an 89 show, or well, end of the rant.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Lost in San Antonio

The info. on the new Jerry box is in the almanac as well as a tease about a new Jerry vinyl release under the Jerry entry.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Thanks Wilfred T. Not too many Morning Dews released from '77. #4 this will be.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Good thing I opened up the Almanac... Ordered my subscription for the 8th straight year!
Now, did I just read someone post about a Jerry Box? ...back to the Almanac !
iGrateful

That was probably the easiest experience I had with ordering something on this site - well done to everyone involved.

What a way to open the new year - can't wait to get my hands on this show! I believe 2019 is the year we'll get 12/1/79 and maybe one of the 1981 MSG shows as well (wishful thinking). Hell, I don't really care what we get - clearly we're in good hands.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

....it's literally all over the place. I wonder if anyone will even see this post, because once I hit save, I doubt that I'll even find it later. It can't just be me. Captcha time y'all!

user picture

Member for

9 years 11 months

Seems like yesterday when Dave's Vol 1 graced the old pages
Keep on truckin' and subscribing
Always enjoy the artwork
Off to Vegas Panic

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by 80sfan

Nice and easy. This show was one of my favourites back in the days of collecting tapes. Must be 20 years since I've heard it, so it will be great to revisit in pristine sound.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Amazing how hot this series is. From 12K to 20K. I wonder how many subscribers Dave's Picks will get this year. Will they sell out 20K?

user picture

Member for

15 years 2 months

Three straight releases with Help-Slip-Frank! Thank you, Mr. Lemieux. At the beginning of the year I mentally noted the lack of that combo in the Dave's Picks series and he has righted the ship.

I haven't heard this show and have only looked at the setlist over the years after all the calls for it on these boards (sorry, I just don't do the archive much). Pretty stoked about hearing this one in pristine sonic glory. Bring it on and folks who don't subscribe, I don't know what to tell them if they miss out on a set this year.

RE: #28, I was a 'meh' to that release as summer 76 doesn't grab me, but last week listened to DaP 18 and came away feeling good about it. Only my second listen as it didn't do it for me when it came out. I had a suspicion it was going to be a 76 show just based upon law of averages (Dave was due to pick one from that year by my reasoning), and I was again telling myself, "If he is going to release a 76, please include a H-S-F." My telepathic powers worked. :)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 4 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Keithfan, also interesting I noticed you can put five in cart now. I know a la carte was limited to two, I thought the subscription was two, too. Anyway, we’ve said it here once/say it again: y’all should subscribe if you want in. Don’t complain after getting shut out from the leftovers- this is clearly a subscription series.

Est-Eyes, re:28, I might be more pleased about 28 than 29! But I love that 76 sound. I like how Dave mentioned that Swing - first show of 77 - marks a bridge between 76 and that classic 77 sound. Can never have enough of h/s/f. Once more!

(And I’ll definitely take this dp29 upgrade.)

user picture

Member for

6 years 2 months

This is the one I've been waiting for. The absolute must-have official release. Everything after the Swing is wavy gravy.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 11 months

In reply to by SkullTrip

I have a 10 hour flight tomorrow. I'm totally set with music but does anyone have any good recommendations for Netflix shows I can pass the time with? I've seen stranger things and Ozark....any other shows I should check out?

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I'd recommend a good neck pillow, some shades, earplugs and noise cancelling headphones. Likewise, I have a long flight and we're set for a long day of travel from Korea back to the Midwest tomorrow. Bon Voyage and swift travels to you!!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 11 months

In reply to by wilfredtjones

Safe travels to you as well!

user picture

Member for

6 years 2 months

In reply to by 80sfan

"The Haunting of Hill House" is a winner. Being a big fan of the book and original film, I came to the Netflix series wielding some solid skepticism. Happy to say, it proved me wrong. Smart story telling and creepy as hell. Top notch across the board.

user picture

Member for

12 years 2 months

and it is to rejoice with others in the fact that I have re-upped my subscription as well. I still haven't told my wife. At this point I don't even know if she keeps track anymore. She just rolls her eyes when something new shows up. Really, though, glad we are all back here together. Marye! Where is the poetry section? I am sure I am just being blind.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 10 months

I have to say 2/26/77 is a monster and I am excited for this one. But the filler from 2/27 is simply fantastic. 2/27 has long been a favorite of mine and Bravo Dave for additional nag the few songs as filler, sad to hear that only 1 real is in the vault but to get the Morning Dew from that show is unbelievable. I thought there was only one recording of that show in the archive from the audience recording but to find a few songs and from Betty is s real treat. Amazing start to the series!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

Your not kidding...taking me awhile to navigate website. I am excited that the release dates are already posted for the year.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

The new Adam Sandler stand up had me rollin the other night. It’s on Netflix...highly recommend!

KCJ

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

If you like those horror shows, check out Apostle. That one was great, but I love me some cult and/or cannibal horror. Cannibal Holocaust also gets a top vote on that front and maybe Green Inferno, but you wont find that one on Netflix. The new Halloween was awesome, but Hereditary and The Witch are my favorites as of late.

Dave's showed up yesterday, at least I got to listen to the whole during last nights longest World Series Game ever. That was a doozy.

Avatar is gone too? Is that gonna be able to be changed?

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Cool to see they upped it to 20k units. Another '77 choice is cool, but doesn't overly excite me as there are still way too many unrepresented years in this series ('65, '66, '67, '68, '79, '82, '84, '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '92, '93, '94, 95...pretty much most of their career).

The fact that there hasn't even been a Vince or Vince/Bruce release in this series yet, going into it's 9th year seems odd.

2/16/77 is a good one to release for historic purposes. 1st Estimated and Terrapin. A good, but obvious choice.

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

In reply to by SPACEBROTHER

2/26/77 with 2/27/77 filler.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by direwulf

I have just come back from one of my jaunts to London, this time to see Duane Eddy. One of the great things about London is that they still have actual record shops where you can buy cds, vinyl, dvds and blu ray discs. I came back with bulging bag, as ever, and one thing I bought was the blu ray disc of Dario Argento's "Phenomena". It looks glorious- much better than the dvd. But the best of his films, that I have seen, and one of the best horror films of all time, is "Suspiria". The colours are incredible, and the combination of this, with the soundtrack by Italian prog rock group Goblin put the film in a league of its own. They hadn't got the blu ray of that one in stock-but I'll definitely be on the look out next time I go down the smoke. Which is next week-to see King Crimson and Hawkwind. Life is good.

Incidentally, I notice there is a remake of "Suspiria" that's just been released. I am not so interested in that. A bit like a modern rock band re-recording "Strawberry Fields Forever",

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-2019-subscription.html