• 1,034 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Welcome to the 10th year of the Dave's Picks series! We're amazed and humbled that this community of Dave's Picks fans keeps growing, and we just wanted to let you know how much we sincerely appreciate your support of and interest in the series. We started in 2012 with 12,000 of each release, and now we've more doubled that, with 25,000 in 2021. Wow! We keep working as hard as we possibly can to bring you the best, most exciting Grateful Dead shows in the vault. Our 2020 releases included music from 1977, 1974, 1984, and the latest, biggest release yet in the series, the two complete Hartford shows from 1987. Looking ahead, we've selected two exceptional, A+ Dead shows for Vol. 37 (more on that in the video below) and 38, as well as the Bonus Disc that will come with Vol. 38. Big year ahead! As we head into the 10th year of the series, there's no end in sight. We love what we do, and have loads of plans and ideas for the next few years. Onward to more great music!"

David Lemieux
    October 2020

Times may be trying but the music has never and will never stop! Keep the momentum going by doing the Dead all year long with a Dave's Picks 2021 subscription. We're taking the production run up one final time - to 25,000 - for each of the four Dave's Picks 2021 releases. We'll also be doing things a wee bit differently this year - subscribers will be the first to receive their Dave's Picks. A la carte sales will go up on street date (no more pre-orders) and if you don't subscribe - we highly encourage you to - you'll want to be ready and waiting because these releases sell out within hours. Hours - no hyperbole.

In addition to the four releases in 2021, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • digitalseva

Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People. You Can also visit our blog ZIP Code, lets check this site:

S.Gupta

• icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye.

• iainm
    Default Avatar

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I note that some subscribers have not received Dave's Picks 36. I did manage to get that one. However my copies of Dave's Picks 33 and Dave's Picks 35 went missing in action and I've not heard anything back from the store despite me sending them the details of the shipping notification / invoices that they were looking for. I appreciate that international shipping was a problem at the height of the pandemic but I am stuck having paid for 4 release but I've only received 2.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the attention of someone to help with this ?

• icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye.

• Funcrushed
    Default Avatar

I really can't believe I have to make this comment. This is the fourth time I have been given the Dave's Picks subscription as a gift, and the first time I have to say something. For some reason, after purchasing the subscription in early November, for some unknown reason it was refunded months later with no indication or explanation given. It wasn't even noticed by us for another month, and by this point, and even if it was noticed immediately, the subscription was already sold out. How is this a good way to do business? After all this, we were given a boilerplate excuse and 15% percent off our next purchase, like that would make up for missing out on four previously unreleased live dead shows. It has pretty much ensured that I will never purchase another single thing from dead.net. It wouldn't be so bad if they had even attempted to explain WHY this had happened in the first place, but they'd rather lose someone who has been loyally purchasing merch from for a decade. We are very disappointed, with no explanation, or email given; we were not even sure what the refund was, until it was finally figured out that this was a refund for our dave's picks subscription. It took active sleuthing to even figure out this was what the refund was for. This is unacceptable, when we purchased this subscription in good faith, a print out was given as a present to someone, and then it was refunded with zero communication.

• 1stshow70878

Steaming Bean brand! The lots I get from City Market are smoke roasted locally in Telluride. Absolutely dusts anything from the Star. So many good roasts. Their Organic Mountain Harvest my favorite blend. They make a mean French Roast and their signature Black Canyon Roast (med.-dark) kept me alive at 3:30 AM baking the bagels at Backstreet Bagel & Deli years ago here in Montrose. Cheers!

• wilfredtjones

I am innocently wondering if the shipping snafus are attributable to the messed up state of USPS, Dead.net or a some combination of both.

I am truly feeling for those that are still waiting. I hope you eventually come to get the sets which are rightfully yours.

• blackdog68
    Default Avatar

"when the music's over, turn off the lights" as a subscriber

• blackdog68
    Default Avatar

Hey Dave! I'm still waiting on 36. I know it's weird out there, but my music shop fights through and honors it's debts

Ex- long time subscriber

• Colin Gould

It depends which Dennis the Menace you are talking about. The US version has, according to Wikipedia, a dog called Ruff (and a cat called Hot Dog). The UK version from ‘The Beano’ comic has a dog called Gnasher. Amazingly, the two characters were created at the same time separated by the Atlantic.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

"Welcome to the 10th year of the Dave's Picks series! We're amazed and humbled that this community of Dave's Picks fans keeps growing, and we just wanted to let you know how much we sincerely appreciate your support of and interest in the series. We started in 2012 with 12,000 of each release, and now we've more doubled that, with 25,000 in 2021. Wow! We keep working as hard as we possibly can to bring you the best, most exciting Grateful Dead shows in the vault. Our 2020 releases included music from 1977, 1974, 1984, and the latest, biggest release yet in the series, the two complete Hartford shows from 1987. Looking ahead, we've selected two exceptional, A+ Dead shows for Vol. 37 (more on that in the video below) and 38, as well as the Bonus Disc that will come with Vol. 38. Big year ahead! As we head into the 10th year of the series, there's no end in sight. We love what we do, and have loads of plans and ideas for the next few years. Onward to more great music!"

David Lemieux
October 2020

Times may be trying but the music has never and will never stop! Keep the momentum going by doing the Dead all year long with a Dave's Picks 2021 subscription. We're taking the production run up one final time - to 25,000 - for each of the four Dave's Picks 2021 releases. We'll also be doing things a wee bit differently this year - subscribers will be the first to receive their Dave's Picks. A la carte sales will go up on street date (no more pre-orders) and if you don't subscribe - we highly encourage you to - you'll want to be ready and waiting because these releases sell out within hours. Hours - no hyperbole.

In addition to the four releases in 2021, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

In reply to by Mr. Ones

Shipped early to arrive on time, arrived on time (Saturday the 30th). Hopefully, they will be able to beat their record of one successful launch in a row. Decent show, superb sound and production, I'm ok with the extended tracks adding a nice selection of songs to compliment the full show release. I saw shows in this era, so it is in my enjoyable period/line up. I do like the earlier stuff and as a subscriber, if they have to toss in a 80's show to balance a searing early performance, that's ok. Hopefully 21 is gonna be a good year as someone once said

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

Who are the sunshine daydreamers?
And do you know those people listed on the cool tea pot? You designed that?
The only reason I ask because my main hang, band/house mate and all around side kick back in the day is listed on there! Curious to know if he was there?
Really need to look that mofo up...

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Nice design and cool graphics. Good story too, thanks Jeff.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Hey Uroborous,

I've still got contact info for some of the Sunshine Daydreamers. PM me if you'd like to try to reconnect with someone.

Below is the copy from the former homepage of the Sunshine Daydreamers in 2015. We banded together to try to find tickets before FTW, and had a blast in the process. Later we hooked up in Chicago between/during shows. Many of us still stay in touch and gather at Dead & Co shows when we can (remember LIVE CONCERTS? Those were the days. May they return soon!):

"Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their (virtual) hand.  

We’ve been searching for miracles for our needy, sharing spreadsheets, gossiping, singing and dancin’ while counting down the days ’til our Pic-A-Nic at FTW. There’ll be fireworks, calliopes, clowns and celebration. At last count we’re 36 friends from 14 states and provinces

We are Deadheads . . . we are everywhere . . . and WE MISS JERRY! Thanks to DEAD.NET you can also follow our antics on our BLOG. Hope to see you at the Fountain! And don’t forget to keep your BUZZ on!!!"

I meant to share the link to the SSDD mug since mugs came up here today, but somehow posted the teapot instead. Teapot!? Haa! Here's the mug: https://www.zazzle.com/sunshine_daydreamers_chicago_15_mug-168939428841… . The Zazzle thought-police made me strip out some of the GD imagery from the original designs I did, but we made t-shirts with the full-tilt versions.

Onward.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by JeffSmith

Thanks guys!
JS, from poking around on that page I’m guessing BOO469 is my buddy!
I’ll PM ya and perhaps you have email info....
He and I were band/house mates wayyyy back when at the House of Blue Lights and roadied, played music and saw many shows together BITD.
Thanks, again!
Your always doing nice stuff!

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by JeffSmith

Thanks Guys!
I poked around on that page and BOO469 has got to be him...
JS, I sent ya a PM. Hopefully you have a email address...
He was my main sidekick BITD...er, I was probably the sidekick LOL...
We were roadies; (he got me the gig working production at 7/1/92), band mates (in several bands), housemates, and saw too many shows too count over the years...

It’d be cool if we could get him here so he can lampoon me for all y’all’s entertainment lol ; )

EDIT: Dooaahh! Sorry, weird? Posted but didn’t show so I redid and now both? Oooppss

user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

It's says Fire is from Greek '86. It's actually from Ventura '85. Opened with OMSN.

On another page, it’s interesting, interviewers kind of a trip.
I had to laugh though when JG starts downplaying the drugs, especially knowing what all he was up to during this time; working on the movie etc...
Thanks Vguy and/or who ever posted elsewhere, cool interview.

user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

My Dap is sitting waiting for USPS in Bethlehem Pa.

Why don't you just charge another four dollars for sub's and let UPS finish the delivery? They go past my house everyday anyway.

Thank you.

user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Thanks for posting this link to the, I think, 76 Garcia Interview Vguy.

Garcia was so cool. And his legacy lives on That interviewer talked a little too much. But always interesting to hear Jerry' thoughts on several topics. Including the death of his mother and how he had unfinished business with her that he never got to. Man, I feel that and when they are gone, that is it, they are gone..... Okay, back to more positive thoughts.

Stay well out there.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Tales of the weird.. The first strange thing is Jerry drinking water from a chalice like glass.. the catholic twist during break got me thinking, and there is a really weird twist. The interviewer was a priest. Didn't know Jerry was an alter boy (as was I for a bit in second grade). Read through the comments, there's a dark side but not from Jerry for a change. Can't speak to what might or might not have happened.. but the accusations are sordid. Probably explains why this interview was buried for so long.

Still, very cool interview once you get past the potentially creepy ex-priest.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

....it is indeed '76.
And I was also an altar boy from age 10-13. Got to ring those bells.
My priests and monsignor were very cool. Raised Catholic.
Some questions Garcia had to answer were deep. But thats what one gets when one agrees to be interviewed.
Cue cards be damned.
I'm a Zappa novice, but Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar was pulled from the ether.
Astounding!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

“We’re the Don Quixote’s of rock and roll”
Truly beatific!

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

What a fucking drag , interviewer had a dark past. Read after watching video.
Jerry was brilliant at least.
“All religions have dark corners” i remember from a PBS special on world religions that was aired two months after 9/11.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by muffin

Tossing a little bone. There are a more than a few celebrity posters here...

Carlos is of course Carlos Santana, I think he still lives in NCal, but he rarely invites me over anymore and quit answering my PMs. Something about restraining order...

Billythekid is of course Billy K, currently living in Kuai, Hawaii.

Bolo is believed to be either Edward Snowden or D. B. Cooper, whereabouts unknown.

We all know who David Lemieux and Bob Weir are, no point in calling them out.

Hope that helps......

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I believe Snowden and Cooper are the same person.

Oh, and don't forget me. I had a tv show in the late 50's and still enjoy a comic strip detailing my daily life with Mom, Dad & Good Old Mr Wilson.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Dennis

LOL...what was the dogs name?

user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

In reply to by docmarty

It depends which Dennis the Menace you are talking about. The US version has, according to Wikipedia, a dog called Ruff (and a cat called Hot Dog). The UK version from ‘The Beano’ comic has a dog called Gnasher. Amazingly, the two characters were created at the same time separated by the Atlantic.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 5 months

Hey Dave! I'm still waiting on 36. I know it's weird out there, but my music shop fights through and honors it's debts

Ex- long time subscriber

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

I am innocently wondering if the shipping snafus are attributable to the messed up state of USPS, Dead.net or a some combination of both.

I am truly feeling for those that are still waiting. I hope you eventually come to get the sets which are rightfully yours.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Steaming Bean brand! The lots I get from City Market are smoke roasted locally in Telluride. Absolutely dusts anything from the Star. So many good roasts. Their Organic Mountain Harvest my favorite blend. They make a mean French Roast and their signature Black Canyon Roast (med.-dark) kept me alive at 3:30 AM baking the bagels at Backstreet Bagel & Deli years ago here in Montrose. Cheers!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 2 months

I really can't believe I have to make this comment. This is the fourth time I have been given the Dave's Picks subscription as a gift, and the first time I have to say something. For some reason, after purchasing the subscription in early November, for some unknown reason it was refunded months later with no indication or explanation given. It wasn't even noticed by us for another month, and by this point, and even if it was noticed immediately, the subscription was already sold out. How is this a good way to do business? After all this, we were given a boilerplate excuse and 15% percent off our next purchase, like that would make up for missing out on four previously unreleased live dead shows. It has pretty much ensured that I will never purchase another single thing from dead.net. It wouldn't be so bad if they had even attempted to explain WHY this had happened in the first place, but they'd rather lose someone who has been loyally purchasing merch from for a decade. We are very disappointed, with no explanation, or email given; we were not even sure what the refund was, until it was finally figured out that this was a refund for our dave's picks subscription. It took active sleuthing to even figure out this was what the refund was for. This is unacceptable, when we purchased this subscription in good faith, a print out was given as a present to someone, and then it was refunded with zero communication.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I note that some subscribers have not received Dave's Picks 36. I did manage to get that one. However my copies of Dave's Picks 33 and Dave's Picks 35 went missing in action and I've not heard anything back from the store despite me sending them the details of the shipping notification / invoices that they were looking for. I appreciate that international shipping was a problem at the height of the pandemic but I am stuck having paid for 4 release but I've only received 2.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the attention of someone to help with this ?

user picture

Member for

2 years 3 months

Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People. You Can also visit our blog ZIP Code, lets check this site:

S.Gupta

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-2021-subscription.html